2。早日结交一些志同道合的朋友

条件:
1。已申请过一次
2。目标学校是US TOP30以内的

拟开展的活动与方式:
待定,希望在6月份能有一次聚会后再探讨

有兴趣的朋友,请直接跟贴,或发短信息给我,或发E-mail:[face=Arial]CD_2004_application(A) hotmail.com
[/face]给我

注意:由于我们有一定的条件要求,请初次申请者勿跟贴,以节约大家的时间和精力,谢谢!

沙发
发表于 2003-6-13 14:43:00 | 只看该作者
allen2009 bro,

How are you lately?

Personally, I suppose we need not constrain the applicant pool to re-applicants, however, I do agree that "the willing to contribute" should be a must.

How do you think?

Best wishes

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-13 14:47:13编辑过]
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-15 17:51:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用山峰在2003-6-13 14:43:00的发言:
allen2009 bro,

How are you lately?

Personally, I suppose we need not constrain the applicant pool to re-applicants, however, I do agree that "the willing to contribute" should be a must.

How do you think?

Best wishes

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-13 14:47:13编辑过]

Hello, Shanfeng Bro,

As you know, no positive news for me this year and I've got to reapply. : (

About your suggestion of reapplicants or not, I've got different point of view. Since the goal of the group is to enhance the candidacy of all the people to admissions, so every one must gain and share the information & knowledge simultaneously. Frankly speaking, I don't think first-time applicant can perform the same as re-applicants. That's the reason I only mentioned reapplicants.

And, I am confident that first-time applicants can always get helps for other resources, such as in CD forum, right? :-)

地板
发表于 2003-6-15 21:21:00 | 只看该作者
ai, selfish guy.
good luck anyway.
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-16 14:18:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用mamichael76在2003-6-15 21:21:00的发言:
ai, selfish guy.

Hehe,
although I expected somebody might disagree with me, I never thought I was picture as "selfish guy". Anyway, it is always wise to listen to different voices, so thanks mamichael76 and followings are my reasons------or you may consider "excuses".

1. As the facilitator of the GZ group, I need to make sure everybody here absorb much new&useful information so we can maxism our chances of admission. In this way, first-time applicants are not in the same level with other group members and thus they can only contribute few.

2. The first-time applicants have other resources to help themselves: such as all kind of website & forums, new admits, published book, and so forth. We reapplicants, the guys don't step into the MBA doors, are NOT their apprioprate ways to ask for-----since we are dinged we had some fatal weakness. Before we really understand what the weaknesses are, our advices might mislead the first-time applicants.

3. Actually, we may do other efforts to help the first-time applicants. I hope you will find that soon.  

4. Since the B-school emphasize "diversity", it is common to heard different voices. However, it is not "objective" to regard others as "selfish guy" purely according to his few sentences.------------my sincece advice to you!

All the best,

6#
发表于 2003-6-16 17:42:00 | 只看该作者
Allen, good points!
7#
发表于 2003-6-16 21:23:00 | 只看该作者
Ok, Allen,I did not expect you to take my comment so seriously, but it's good, anyway, to know that you have sufficient reasons to build up & run the team per your own criteiria (hehe, I won't lable them as "excuses"). I understand that, as the facilitator, you assume great responsibility to make the team work effectively and efficiently and thus try to only absorb those who can contribute more. I would rather you to view my "selfish guy" more as a joke than as a real criticism, I was trying, mainly, to encourage you guys, not to insult you.

Nonetheless, I have to say:

1. Some first-time applicants are able to  make incisive comments and bring value to the team, so it's gonna be mutually benificial for the team and those individuals. Do not underestimate them.

2. It is not only those successful stories but also bitter experience that successors can learn from. Failure is not a shame, instead, it's a valuable treasure for you and for us, first-time applicants, when it is shared.

3. I appreciate your effort trying to help first-time applicants,it is quite nice of you to do so.

Finally, if you don't mind, I would like to ask a question:

Where can I find information about face-to-face meeting similar to what you are gonna held this June? I mean get-together which is not restricted to re-applicants but open to all MBA applicants in Guangzhou. Thanks.

Well, good to know you here and good luck to all re-applicants.
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-6-17 13:25:00 | 只看该作者
To be honest, I don't care too much about other's comments or critisims 'cause I do the things according my own judgment and values. If I think it's RIGHT, I will stick to it.

The reasons I explain what I think here are (1) I welcome different voices and do consider them carefully (2) the above-mentioned is what I think, NOT stand for others in CD---------you've got to  make it clear.

I will NOT continue this discussion with you any more since different people have different points of views due to their respecitve angles. I don't intend to persuade you since it really doesn't make sense and we both already exchange our ideas clearly.

Last, I have no idea about other gathering in Guangzhou, Sorry, : ( . However, if you really want to communicate with others, you can step out and call for one yourself. That's "initiative", one of the quality the top B-school want to see from the applicants....

Good Luck to you....

PS. I really like your frank way of communication. If there's anything about application you think I might be help, feel free to contact me via short-messages in CD.
9#
发表于 2003-6-17 15:18:00 | 只看该作者
AGREE TO TERMINATE OUR DISCUSSION HERE,AND IT HAS BEEN NICE TO EXCHANGE IDEAS WITH YOU, ALTHOUGH IT ENDED UP WITH NO RESULT,AT LEAST, NOT APPARENTLY。
AS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION FOR BEING INITIATIVE,UM,IT SEEMS THE RIGHT THING I AM SUPPOSED TO DO。 I WILL BE TRYING TO ORGANIZE ONE WHEN I AM READY, I MEAN, AFTER 搞定GMAT SOON。
GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO AND KEEP CONTACT。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 03:17
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部