发表于 2011-4-24 11:05:55 | 只看该作者
interested in this topic
63#
发表于 2011-4-27 12:23:38 | 只看该作者
看到大家的讨论,很有醍醐灌顶的感觉

俺也是这个POOL里的,打算努力一把
64#
发表于 2011-5-2 04:05:48 | 只看该作者
工程师就找点技术背景强的学校的商学院吧。这样的学校的商学院很大程度上会喜欢工程类的,技术类背景的人,偏向于科技创业。管理以技术主导的公司。RPI的商学院就蛮技术的。招的工程背景的学生比例也大点。。。也有专门为这个人群设计的一套东东
65#
发表于 2011-5-2 07:04:37 | 只看该作者
工科也要看啦
IT, EE就不错啊,土木化工啊什么的就比较没有优势,因为传统行业不太容易接受改变和创新,循规蹈矩较多
66#
发表于 2011-5-2 11:36:13 | 只看该作者
贴一个kellogg学生写给我的回信吧,此兄以前是IT test engineer,据了columbia, berkeley with $$$

Trust me, I nerd up with the best of them. The engineer stereotype actually works well to your advantage in business school. A big portion of full-time students come from engineering backgrounds (34% from eng/math/sciences background - http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Applying/Incoming_Class_Profile.aspx), and the combination of engineering undergrad and business grad is very attractive to a lot of firms. Basically, you'll be a rockstar in recruiting. As far as breaking the mold goes, I think it is important to have a compelling story for how an MBA fits into your career aspirations/goals, and why you think Kellogg is a good fit in particular. One way to do this is to specifically mention classes and other parts of the program that align with your goals and development needs. You can also search for Kellogg's "Four Pillars" to get an idea of the values that the school espouses because it is probably a good indication of what they look for in applicants. Personally, I think that you want to demonstrate in your application that you've contributed both in and out of work in leadership type roles and have experience working in teams. If you don't understand or believe in the value of teamwork, then Kellogg would be a weird choice. Even if your work seems boring, think of high-level skills that you've had to apply at work that are valuable in other contexts. For example, as a test engineer, you've probably had to communicate to others about problems that you've found via defects. In this situation, clear communication is invaluable, and that is the case in a lot of other scenarios as well (especially managing a team/business).
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-10-19 03:35
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部