返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2746|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

ask funnytiger for Phd in finance

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-4-5 10:01:00 | 只看该作者

ask funnytiger for Phd in finance

funnytiger, could you tell me how long it is averagely going to take to finish Phd in finance    after I finish 2 years    studying in Master in Finance? I think timing    between Phd candidate from master graduate and    hd candidate from Undergraduate will be different.

I am thinking to apply for Phd in finance from one of Asian school a year later, because I like to work in Asian area, and I    think it will save    me time to finish Phd in asian school. Am I right? And could you recommend a couple of asian school for me? Do they normally require GMAT or GRE?

Hope you're not overwhelmed. Really appreciate!

沙发
发表于 2004-4-6 01:58:00 | 只看该作者

first, I would like to let you know that I am NOT a PHD student. So if anyone who is currently a student, please correct me if I am wrong.

In US, average time you have to spend for finance PHD is about 6 years. your MA degree won't help you much in terms of length of study(there are special cases though)

a Biz PHD in UK, Singapore, Canada is a nice degree, but it is far different from a US Biz degree. you won't find the similar emphasis on research outside US (again, there are special cases). After all, it is your research paper that will land you a decent job

if you just want to work in a finance company in asia, I guess a PHD from local school should be just fine. But if you want life-changing experience, I guess US Biz PHD maybe the only choice you have.

honestly, I don't know that many asian biz schools. but I suppose, big three in HK can help you to land a job in HK and maybe mainland China. you have to check each school's website to find out whether GRE or GMAT is required.

hope this helps

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-4-6 2:01:52编辑过]
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-4-6 04:00:00 | 只看该作者
Funnytiger, thanks a lot! Salute to you!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 12:48
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部