发表于 2003-5-13 09:55:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you for your effort!
You are a very smart guy!
板凳
发表于 2003-5-15 11:59:00 | 只看该作者
thanks a lot br
地板
发表于 2003-5-18 11:37:00 | 只看该作者
(Girlfriend/boyfriend location is another, but it's devilishly hard to rank.)

You wouldn't exactly call this guy I know a master at managing his academic career. Back in the '80s, while an undergrad at a southwestern Ontario university, he thought it would be cool to study for a year in Toronto--that's where his girlfriend lived, and, you know, he was young. So he convinced the University of Toronto to accept him as a guest for a year, but with the stipulation that he attend a satellite campus way out in the sticks. At the time, the downtown campus at U of T was highly regarded; the suburban campuses were, umm, less so. But he accepted his exile anyway. And the thing is, if you ask him about it now, he'll tell you it was his most rewarding undergrad year: small classes, great professors, stimulating courses. The good memories have stayed with him to this day. (The girlfriend, however, is another story.)

The point is, there's more involved in choosing a school than simply picking the best one; circumstances, not to mention romantic pursuits, have always played a part, too. But what has changed in recent years is the sheer bulk of information available to people trying to making a rational choice among schools of higher learning. And that's especially true for business schools. Prospective MBAs don't only face an onslaught of marketing materials from the programs themselves; they also have to navigate a raft of rankings from the media. The Economist, BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal and The Financial Times all rank B-schools and, while they are international publications, the larger Canadian business schools regularly appear on their lists.

So who needs another B-school issue? Well, if you're one of the hundreds of Canadians deciding on an MBA program--or deciding whether to pursue an MBA in the first place--you do. Canadian Business has ranked MBA schools for the past decade, and it remains the only all-Canadian ranking. We think keeping score of schools' performance matters, not just to students, but to the alumni and donors who help keep these institutions alive and thriving.

This year's ranking--our 11th--is unlike any other, both in scope and in the resources we've devoted to it. In previous years, we've relied on schools and alumni to provide data on such criteria as GMAT scores, return on investment and student satisfaction. This year, our ranking is independent of the schools. Overseen by executive editor Scott Steele and conducted by polling firm the Strategic Counsel, this year's ranking comes straight from the people who can make or break an MBA grad's career: the senior execs and HR pros who do the hiring at Canada's largest companies. On top of that, the poll provides a snapshot of how decision-makers in business view the worth of the degree. (On that front, despite some bad press about MBAs in recent months, the news is good--both for students and for schools.)

No ranking tells the whole story. But in making important choices, smart consumers--and that's what MBA students are--gather all the information they can find, then make their own decisions. Consider this MBA issue a part of that process. And remember: as that guy I know will attest, reputation is only one--albeit important--factor in deciding where to pursue a degree.

5#
发表于 2003-6-26 15:24:00 | 只看该作者
thank you very much
6#
发表于 2006-1-7 13:02:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, I can't open or download it.

What can I do?

Could you please give me an email: evan409fly[在] yahoo.ca

Thanks again and hope I can receive it soon.

7#
发表于 2006-1-7 14:52:00 | 只看该作者
是不是有人把密码修改了,我也登陆不了邮箱。是否也能给我发送一个:stanleyzhaobj[在] yahoo.com。万分感谢
8#
发表于 2007-9-8 20:15:00 | 只看该作者
Thank You.........
9#
发表于 2011-12-22 16:54:01 | 只看该作者
thank you so much
10#
发表于 2012-7-25 15:11:44 | 只看该作者
谢谢!!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-19 12:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部