ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cannedpineapple

[校友答疑] Ask Jason@沃顿 (closed)

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2009-2-25 16:58:00 | 显示全部楼层
sorry....I didn't realize "youneverknow"is an ID..
发表于 2009-2-25 23:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用jelt2359在2009-2-25 11:31:00的发言:

youneverknow: There is no 'right answer'. Each person has different things she/he wants to address. Some want to deal with their perceived weakness in community service; some want to emphasise their strength in leadership, and so on. Alternatively, if you've already mentioned these things during the interview, you don't want to be repetitive. So it depends very much on how the interview is going, what you want to mention, and whether these things have been made clear yet.

In general don't try to 'game the application' too much. This is not an exam, there are no 'right answers!' Certainly nobody on CD can tell you what the right answer is: most of us perhaps have applied once or twice, or been in the school at most for a year or two. Admissions staff have interviewed thousands of applicants and
1) know very well when someone is trying to give the right answer (esp. if all Chinese applicants read CD and end up writing the same 'right' stories and giving the same 'right' interview answers), and this doesn't reflect well on your independence of thought
2) probably have slightly different ideas from us on what is an 'impressive' answer and what is not- in particular, they may not be looking for content, but rather how you communicate, what you choose to communicate, and whether you do a good job in this.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply

发表于 2009-2-25 23:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用pega09在2009-2-25 16:58:00的发言:
sorry....I didn't realize "youneverknow"is an ID..

haha~it is an ID.

good luck to you

发表于 2009-2-26 09:11:00 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢 JASON  R2 我已经面试完了 等3月底的结果了 希望能和你在WHARTON见面!
发表于 2009-2-26 10:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
好人啊,收下了。
发表于 2009-2-26 11:13:00 | 显示全部楼层
Jason能介绍下今年wharton mba毕业生找工作的情况吗?看到前面的帖子不太乐观的说。。。
发表于 2009-2-26 11:13:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用QDJY78在2009-2-26 9:11:00的发言:
谢谢 JASON  R2 我已经面试完了 等3月底的结果了 希望能和你在WHARTON见面!

强烈真诚呼唤面经~~
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-26 12:35:00 | 显示全部楼层
pega09: did you try visiting the site I recommended for interview prep? There are a lot of 面经 there that you may find useful. The Wharton interview is really quite standard, so after a while you'll realise that they really all just ask the same few questions (walk me through your resume; why wharton why mba why now; a couple of behavioural ones; do you have any questions). For your prep I recommend just getting a list of common behavioural questions from the site I recommended, and then prepare for those- anyway, this will probably be useful for all your business school interviews.

As for the job situation, I would say that things haven't been smooth-sailing. A lot of people do have offers, but they have tended to be offers in industries/jobs they've done before- career switchers haven't been very successful. I can't give you %ages because I don't have them.
发表于 2009-2-26 12:40:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot Jason, I did collect lots of them but someone told that the alumni interview might be more flexible and strange question might appear, so I think 面经  is the more the better.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-2-26 13:08:00 | 显示全部楼层
They're right. In fact, especially because alumni interviews tend to vary more, hence
this would suggest that someone else's interview experience would be a
poor indicator for how yours will go- hence why waste time on something
that is likely irrelevant?

The way alumni interviews work is, they ask you anything they are
interested in, based on your background and their own. So it may be
more productive to practice answers for a list of 'common behavioural
questions' (which are common for a reason- people tend to ask them),
and then set about analysing your own background for possible items
that the alumni interviewer may be interested in.

Just my 2 cents, from my own experience interviewing others =)
[此贴子已经被作者于2009-2-26 13:09:11编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-16 23:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部