返回列表 发新帖
查看: 5294|回复: 12
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]麻烦大家帮我看看(一)

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-1-15 11:35:00 | 只看该作者

[求助]麻烦大家帮我看看(一)

今天上午才读了30个OG语法,就遇到了11个不清楚的问题,大家有空请帮我瞧瞧,哪怕其中一个,我也不胜感激!

1、
that occurred when they were children中的when可不可以用as替换,我的个人理解是when引导某一较短的时间状语,而as引导某一较长的时间状语,when 当...,as 随着...,对吗?og上说不可替换,您能更详细地说明吗

2、
about the size of Colorado和about Colorado's size有无区别?还是哪个更符合习惯用法?使用时可以换用吗

3、
take on different duties such as和take on such different duties as有区别吗?都可以使用吗

4、
弱弱的问题。请问citrus(柑属植物)是指某一类植物吗?使用时只能作为单数使用吗?您还记得以前试题中有类似的词吗?能否提醒我几个

5、
Carbon-14 dating reveals that the megalithic monuments in Brittany are nearly 2,000 years older than any of their supposed Mediterranean predecessors. 此句中的their指代什么?如文中没有指代物,这算错吗?

6、
dioxin induces the production of enzymes that are the organism's attempt to metabolize, or render harmless, the chemical irritant.
我知道attempt平行于enzymes,the chemical irritant指的是dioxin,可文章如何翻译呀

7、
弱弱的问题。请问nonverbal logic如何翻译

8、
Astronomers at the Palomar Observatory have discovered a distant supernova explosion, one (they believe to be of) a type previously unknown to science.
解释:In the context of this sentence, the infinitive (to be) is more appropriate than the limited present-tense (is) in referring to an event that occurred long ago but has been discovered only recently.
我知道believe x to be y的习惯用法,可是好像解释中隐藏着believe的其它用法,还是我理解错了?如果believe还有其它用法,请指教!

9、
the residents of Maine at that time were part of a widespread culture of Algonquian-speaking people.
我理解的是:人是文化的一部分,这样理解对吗?我总认为人是人,不能是文化,能帮助解释吗?

10、
rice has protein of higher quality than that in wheat.中的protein是可数还是不可数?此句能改为rice has a protein higher in quality than that in wheat.吗

11、
The end of the eighteenth century saw the emergence of prize-stock breeding, with individual bulls and cows receiving awards, fetching unprecedented prices, and exciting enormous interest whenever they were put on show.
请问划线部分是什么意思?如何翻译?

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-1-15 16:10:24编辑过]
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2004-1-15 11:43:00 | 只看该作者
神仙mindfree帮我解释了一些!实在感激!

1. "as and "when" are not the same. When using "as" the emphasis is that two thing happen at the same time. For "when", it is an adv. phrase telling you the time something happened. Also, the verb is "as" can last, while that in "when" may not. Try to tell the difference: I was walking down the street when ou called me; I was walking down the street as I talked to you.

2. I would use the first. Reason one: that is what people normally say -- 's is used less than "of"; reason two: you should emphasize "size". People normally "he looks like a friend of mine" rather than "he looks like one of my friends".

3. It depends. In this case, I think both are correct, even though I prefer the first, because "such as" is on "duties". However, you should try to avoid using "such" in front of any adj.

Let me know whether you have question on these.

神仙就是神仙嘛!
[此贴子已经被作者于2004-1-15 11:45:18编辑过]
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2004-1-15 12:00:00 | 只看该作者
谢谢mindfree!

1、when和as的区别问题,我从您的话中体会到when使用时,句子重心不在于when引导的时间从句,而在于主句;as使用时,作连词,前后两句并列,且同时发生!对吗?

2、about问题,原来还有这等讲究,欧学得少,读得少,体会不出,谢谢指导!

3、such as问题,您的解释我看明白了,谢谢!

顺便告诉您一声,我把您的解释发在了语法区,让我那几个兄弟也一起分享!可能还有一些问题,您能来这儿吗?我们大家不胜感激!

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-1-15 19:18:47编辑过]
地板
发表于 2004-1-15 13:26:00 | 只看该作者
我尝试分析一下,有错误的话,请及时指正   ^-^

5、
Carbon-14 dating reveals that the megalithic monuments in Brittany are nearly 2,000 years older than any of their supposed Mediterranean predecessors. 此句中的their指代什么?如文中没有指代物,这算错吗?

逻辑主语应该是   the megalithic monuments in Brittany,或者可以理解为Brittany这个地中海国家的人

6、
dioxin induces the production of enzymes that are the organism's attempt to metabolize, or render harmless, the chemical irritant.
我知道attempt平行于enzymes,the chemical irritant指的是dioxin,可文章如何翻译呀?

dioxin的出现促使了酶的产生,(人体)器官尝试通过这种酶促进有毒物质的新陈代谢,或者降低有害性    (见笑了,这都是根据我的理解意译出来的,只供参考  ^-^!!   )

10、
rice has protein of higher quality than that in wheat.中的protein是可数还是不可数?此句能改为rice has a protein higher in quality than that in wheat.吗?

这里应该可以解释为: the proteins in general rather than a certain kind of protein
所以,我认为是不可数的

呵呵,不对的地方请指教

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-1-15 15:45:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用晓晓在2004-1-15 13:26:00的发言:
5、

逻辑主语应该是   the megalithic monuments in Brittany,或者可以理解为Brittany这个地中海国家的人

原来是这样,谢谢您啊!
6#
发表于 2004-1-15 16:03:00 | 只看该作者
excellent兄还有八戒兄之钻研精神,令吾辈汗颜~~~~~~~~~
     个人观点,尝试解答:
     1。http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=23&replyID=257196&ID=33226&skin=1
     2。of表示无生命物体的所有,但是这个区分点非常模糊,不能以此判断选项
     3。我觉得可以互换
     4。单数,类似的词语法书上有,但我的语法书不在身边,补充中
     5。their指代monuments,如无指代对象是错的
     6。同意哓哓
     7。???可否给个context
     8。查一下朗文吧,我现在什么资料都不在手边,抱歉
     9。~~~~~~~~~~只是记下了,不知道理由
     10。应该是不可数名词,从来没见加S的用法
           是不可数名词就不能那样改
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-1-15 16:10:00 | 只看该作者
dreadpower,有您帮忙,不胜感激!

7、the more the children use both Spanish and English, the greater their intellectual advantage in skills underlying reading ability and nonverbal logic.

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-1-15 16:09:49编辑过]
8#
发表于 2004-1-15 16:23:00 | 只看该作者
非语言逻辑????
9#
发表于 2004-1-15 17:00:00 | 只看该作者
关于4,贴一篇前人的帖子借花献佛

托福的:

常考的名词
1. 常考的不可数名词
furniture luggage clothing equipment poetry jewelry machinery weaponry scenery information knowledge homework
evidence foliage advertising health
A : 流体 air water
B: 颗粒状物体 rice salt
C: 抽象名词 information
D: 总称名词 poetry machinery
E: 疾病不可数 diabetes糖尿病 measles麻疹
F: 自然现象 rain drops
G:学科不可数 mathematics economics statistics physics politics mechanics genetics geology geography chemistry
philosophy biology history
2.常考的不规则单复数
man/men woman/women tooth/teeth foot/feet goose/geese basis/bases analysis/analyses crisis/crises
hypothesis/hypotheses axis/axes alga/algae larva/larvae fungus/fungi stimulus/stimuli datum/data bacterium/bacteria
medium/media spectrum/spectra mouse/mice child/children phenomenon/phenomena radius/radii
3.常考的单复数同型的名词
aircraft spacecraft series species means sheep deer bison salmon trout carp
4. 常考的可数名词
discovery cloud mineral metal substance population effort effect animal plant mammal insect tree herb shrub
element function feature picture result clue star reason audience device structure human human being
system fashion resource source origin pioneer automobile purpose style response number amount
variety quantity type kind influence emotion change
5. 即可数又不可数的名词
sugar , cloth , water , detail , paper ,work , light , science ,form , interest , art , area ,color , disease , illness , rock , stone ,
matter , food , culture ,noise , liquid , solid , gas , climate , film ,material , population , temperature , experience ,speech ,use
time , life , action , activity , study
rock(砂岩) rocks(块岩) work(工作,作品) works(著作) paper(纸) papers(论文,报告,文件)
area(面积) areas(地区,区域) time(时间) times(次数) room(空间) rooms(房间) water(水) waters(水域)
collections由同一种物品构成,可数 his three collections of short stories
collection 由不同种物品构成,不可数 his art collection
※当一个不可数名词表种类时,可数.
可数/不可数 :①有无数的概念②抽象/具体 advertisment 广告 可数 advertising 广告业 不可数

10#
发表于 2004-1-15 17:11:00 | 只看该作者
好总结!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-28 07:09
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部