返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2881|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

连接Emory(Goizueta)有困难的朋友请用这个地址

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-10-30 10:25:00 | 只看该作者

连接Emory(Goizueta)有困难的朋友请用这个地址

Information for Chinese applicants from Chinese MBAs at Goizueta Business School, Emory University

***   http://170.140.133.24   ***

Want to get the MOST out of your business education? Apply to Goizueta Business School at Emory University!

- Small classes (150 students broken into 3 sections) - individual attention and direct help from professors
- This school DO HELP Chinese students getting visas - 100% success in 2003, 85-100% in 1998-2003
- Maybe the best scholarship dollars among US Top 30 (this helps both finance and visa wise!)
- Chinese students getting good internships and jobs
- Very active Career Management programs, lots of personal focus
- School’s ranking is going up, up, up...

…And we're all having a good time, too!

For information & application:  
www.goizueta.emory.edu
OR http://170.140.133.24

沙发
发表于 2003-10-30 18:40:00 | 只看该作者
vankie ,

Thanks a lot for sharing the information.  Emory is really a good school.  I will have an interview with Julie in November.  Any advice?

Have a nice day,
板凳
发表于 2003-10-31 00:07:00 | 只看该作者

谢谢!Vankie.

能够跟我们讲讲去年你是怎么面试的吗? 我注意到Emory很强调一种interpersonal skills, 你是怎么表现这一点的呢?
地板
发表于 2003-10-31 00:12:00 | 只看该作者
Hi! Vision,

我也预约了11月份的面试,在上海。你在哪里的?

下面是些我收集的businessweek上的信息。共享下。

Julie has worked at Goizueta B-School since 1988. In her role, she oversees admissions for the school's Day, Evening, and Executive MBA programs. She also manages the Offices of Career Management and International Programs. Prior to joining Emory, Julie worked as a commercial loan officer for Mellon Bank. She received her BA in American Studies from the University of Alabama, and an MBA from the UNC-Chapel Hill.

Q: What makes an applicant a good fit for Emory?
A: A Goizueta student, first and foremost, will have strong interpersonal skills and be a leader. We want to see that they're involved in something outside of themselves.

Now, how that manifests itself [varies]. It may have been when they were in college, because of course most of our candidates have pretty demanding jobs right out of school. But they have been involved in something, and usually they have a passion for that something. It may be athletics or community service -- usually it's a combination. They've been a leader -- maybe elective office, maybe not. But they've made a difference.

A person who fits in well in our community wants to get involved. We are a small program -- we only enroll about 170 students in the two-year program. Yet there are more than 100 different leadership opportunities in all the different clubs, the graduate business association, all these things.

Beyond that, of course we want good communication skills. We interview every candidate. One of the things I'm proud of is that recruiters say our students have exceptional communication skills, and they always say: "You know, these are really nice people. They're really good. They work well in teams. Theyhave a lot of integrity."

Again, [the interview] gives us a good feel for how flexible a person is. Recruiters want people who are good team members and that's something they tell us they really like about our students. We can learn about a person's [teamwork skills] in an interview.

Q: How long do interviews tend to last?
A: About 30 to 45 minutes. It's difficult to interview somebody for less than that time. Occasionally we have to do that because when we're overseas at a fair or other recruitment event, the volume is a lot greater. But we certainly want to be thoughtful in the interviewing process, and we want to leave the interview with a good sense of the depth of the person's work experience, of their career progression, and also get a sense of making sure we understand where they want their career to go after the MBA. And, as I mentioned earlier, the interpersonal skills are really important.

Q: How can one best demonstrate the types of interpersonal skills that you're looking for during an interview?
A: First of all, be yourself. Our interviews are not intended to be stress interviews. There are no trick questions. We want it to be a positive experience. That's one of our goals. So be yourself, be relaxed. The best way [to demonstrate interpersonal skills] is to give examples of what you've done in the past, whether that means highlighting your involvement in community projects in college, or serving in student government, or being a Resident Advisor in a dormitory... those types of things. One of our students has been instrumental in organizing triathalons within his neighborhood. He also did it at his worksite before he started here and now he's done it within the school. So he's a real athlete, it's something he really enjoys and obviously knows a lot about.

Leadership [can be demonstrated] on the job. It could be that you're able to demonstrate [leadership] in a particular project you were assigned to at your company. There are a lot of different ways to do it. There is not any one particular thing that we're looking for, because each person is different and personal interests are different. So what we're more interested in is what ways you've shared with others and enhanced your community... basically made a difference.

Q: What types of interview questions should a prospective student expect?
A: The focus is on gaining a deeper understanding of their work responsibilities, as well as their career progression. It's typical for candidates to have had several jobs by the time they apply, and sometimes it's with different companies -- that's fine. We want to know, maybe, why they changed jobs. How they got their job is always an interesting question, I think. And we also ask what are their key responsibilities. Ultimately, we want to know what will this candidate contribute to class discussions.

Beyond that, we look at interpersonal skills. We want to know their team skills. We want a sense of what role they typically play on a team, how their teammates might describe them. It's a conversation -- we do not want it to be a stress interview. We want them to have a chance to present their best self. So we try to make it a pleasant experience.

Comments from Student 1:
This was a very friendly/comfortable interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview, which in my opinion makes for the best interviews. She spent a great deal of time telling me about Goizueta and the different areas that might appeal to me. We went through my resume and through the standard why B-school, why now, why Goizueta questions. The only different question was why would I want to move to Atlanta.

5#
发表于 2003-10-31 10:12:00 | 只看该作者
SmileFM,

It is a nice artical.  I will have the interview in SH also.  Look forward to meeting you there.  I am looking for the related material also and will share it here soon.  

Have a nice day,

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-20 12:01
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部