返回列表 发新帖
查看: 7325|回复: 14
打印 上一主题 下一主题

which school I should go?[原创]

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2003-4-5 14:58:00 | 只看该作者

which school I should go?[原创]

I have got three offers from B-school so far, there are Simons, Marshalls, Carnegie Mellon. I don't know which one I should pick, any body can give commends? Thank you !! Plus, I want to have my major in finance, definitely I would consider the strength of finance in these schools. Other aspects of these schools also need to be consider. please feel free to give me your refs.
沙发
发表于 2003-4-5 18:00:00 | 只看该作者
Regarding the general ranking, Marshall will be a best choice. But considering your concentration, Simon will serve for your interest on finance definitely. In addition, if you were awarded scholarship, you also need to think about the investment for your MBA. Good luck to you!
板凳
发表于 2003-4-5 23:19:00 | 只看该作者
MBA in Finance
CMU 14
Simon  12
USC 17
地板
发表于 2003-4-5 23:46:00 | 只看该作者
It is really a rough choice, any one of three is a good one. But if you'd like to concertrate on finance, I think Simon is the best choice! But from location, Mashall looks better! Anyway, congradulations for you excellence!
5#
发表于 2003-4-6 00:02:00 | 只看该作者
the CMU alumni who interviewed me said that the finance department is the one he considered the most great part of CMU.
6#
发表于 2003-4-6 01:20:00 | 只看该作者
Hi liber,

I am also in at USC.

Some distinguished advantages for USC are its location at LA, very strong alumni network at west coast, one of the most (next to only HBS) alumni donation, and pleasant wether in west coast of California.

Some disadvantages are that it does not have a good fame for its undergrats, the rumor of buying degree among Taiwanees and one of the most expensive universities in US, the most expensive in you line of three.

No comments for the other two!

Hope this helps!

Attic

7#
发表于 2003-4-6 01:44:00 | 只看该作者
BTW, Liber did you get any scholarship from any fo those b-schools?
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-6 02:10:00 | 只看该作者
Thank you for your guys' response.

Wall Street Jornal Report ranked Carnegie Mellon Number 4 in finance as far as I know, even though Businessweek and U.S News Listed it after Number 10. So, I do agree with that CM interviewer said. And, as far as I know, 70% of CM graduate with major in Finance. The disadvantage of CM is, from my point of view. most graduates would go to the manufacturing industry, and few go to the Banking.

By the way, Simons gave me 40% off for my tuition, it is kind of merit-based scholarship. About $13,000 per year. Marshall offered me the admission without interview, and the admission package is still on the way. I guess Marshall would give me part of tuition discount as well. Carnegie Mellon's admission package is also on the road, scholarship is not known right now.

Other information I would like to share with people here, I am on the NYU waitlist(Round1). The dealine of Simons deposit is 15th, April. So, I need to make choice in very short period of time. By the way, tuition is not my first concern, but is one of concern.

Thanks for your continue commends. And, let me know if you need other information from me. I am very hapy to talk with your guys here.

9#
发表于 2003-4-7 18:22:00 | 只看该作者
For Finance, definitely Simon.
10#
发表于 2003-4-8 09:44:00 | 只看该作者
My two cents:
Even if you want to concentrate in Finance, you still need to decide your focus. You would like to find a job in investment banking, corporate finance or investment management? Or where you want to stay after graduation, US or mainland?

Simon is a traditional finance school which located many graduates in Wall Street (investment banking) for their good relationship with Wall Street. But in this tough year, even students from Wharton, Chicago, Columbia and Sloan cannot get a finance job in New York City. How could you count on Simon's career service? My friend at Simon cannot find an investment banking intern now and have to switch to corporate finance, although his former experience is IB.

Marshall is very good at Entrepreneurship. And it is located in LA, a big city. But I don't think it's rise in rankings really show its reputation. It's still a par with Emory, Austin and Kelley. CMU, most of their graduates went to corporate finance area. It's finance department is the most unrevealed star in top 20 schools. They boast for 4 Nobel Lauriates in the faculty, almost all in finance area.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 06:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部