返回列表 发新帖
查看: 2299|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Phd in Finance at Texas A&M

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-6-21 00:15:00 | 只看该作者

Phd in Finance at Texas A&M

Anyone has some idea about the Phd in Finance program at Texas A&M?

It seems most facult members at Texas are not active now. However, Back Kelly wen to A&M in 2004. Does he still work with students now?

How do you compare Texas A&M, Tulane, Gorgia Tech?

Any comments?

Thanks

沙发
发表于 2006-6-22 01:10:00 | 只看该作者
Shane Johnson is one of few active research faculty in TAM.
TAM's program are hiring new research faculty in recent years, so one easy way to distinguish who is active there is to check when the faculty join TAM.
Those who join TAM around and after when Shane Johnson join TAM are supposed to be active.

Tulane was better than TAM, but they lost many faculty after hurricane Katrina.
I would check who is still in the program first before making any decision.

GT did have good financial engineering master program, but I have no idea about their phd program..

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-22 08:40:00 | 只看该作者

Yes. It is true that Texas A&M recruited some faculty in recent years. But I check the faculty list carefully and only find about 4 active faculty, including Back Kerry, Johnson Shane, Sorescu Sorin, Boehmer Ekkehart.

Back Kerry seems a big name, but I am not sure if he still works with Phd student now.

Actually, I am concerned about the interaction between faculty members and Phd students. I think RenPin is one of the key factor in choosing program and deciding to work with which professor. Do you know any professor at Texas A&M has a good personality?

地板
发表于 2006-6-22 20:07:00 | 只看该作者
Sorry I am not in that program.
All I can say is Johnson should devote in research for couple more years, but I don't know if he will work well with PhD students.
Since TAM just focus on their PhD education recently, it's hard to tell from the record.

Most U.S. professors I know won't "teach" or give you research idea, so you must sell your idea to them in order to attract their interest.  Before you have interesting product, most professors would be cold in terms of co-author request.

If you need to make a choice among GT, TAM, Tulane, I would suggest to focus on comparison between TAM and Tulane.
I don't know how Tulane recover from Katrina effect, you should ask someone in Tulane..
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-23 11:29:00 | 只看该作者

I really appreciate your reply. I believe you have lots of knowledge and insight in the Phd in Finance programs in US.

Actually, I am in some kinds of dilemma now in choosing the program because of the great uncertainty. I am not sure about the faculty at Texas A&M and as you said, Tulane also is risky after Katrina (some guys said Thomas Noe would leave Tulane).

I think both of us are in US now. Could you please give me your phone number in the messege so that I can call you to discuss my situation, if you don't mind?

Thx.

6#
发表于 2006-7-2 10:47:00 | 只看该作者

i am also interested in  texas A&M's HD program. Keep in contact

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-13 13:06
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部