ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
本题详情

本贴相关题目 OG (MJGC)

00:00:00

Although she had signed a pledge of abstinence while being an adolescent, frances Willard was 35 years old before she chose to become a temperance activist.

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 2770|回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

大全987-94

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-6-6 18:51:00 | 只看该作者

大全987-94

1.        Although she had signed a pledge of abstinence while being an adolescent, Frances Willard was 35 years old before she chose to become a temperance activist.

(A) while being an adolescent

(B) while in adolescence

(C) at the time of her being adolescent

(D) as being in adolescenceE

(E) as an adolescent

E正确没问题,请大家帮着看看B错误的原因吧!while in + 名词结构好像很常见啊,不对吗?

沙发
发表于 2006-6-6 23:55:00 | 只看该作者

随意改变词性是会改变句子的逻辑意思的。

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-7 10:33:00 | 只看该作者
adolescence代替adolescent就会改变逻辑意思吗?请教逻辑意思分别是什么呢?
地板
发表于 2006-6-7 11:16:00 | 只看该作者

adolescent  n 青少年,a 青春的,青春期的

adolescence n 青春期

最好能保持原句的词性不改变。

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-7 11:59:00 | 只看该作者
如果能保持原状当然好啊,但是我觉得类似这样的同族词之间的调整很多啊,很多也是正确答案。我想问问while in + 名词结构是不对的原因就是要留住adolescent不变,而没有其他原因吗?
6#
发表于 2006-6-7 12:22:00 | 只看该作者

以下是引用JerryGuan在2004-2-22 16:08:00的发言:
as 既可以作介词也可以作连词;而while则只能作连词;本题是考as 作介词的用法,见下列的as 的第4个介词意思。
as / əz strong æz /     [prep.]

used when you are comparing two people, things, situations etc
as ... as
Tom's not as old as you, is he? an old woman with hair as white as snow Some of the doctors are paid almost twice as much as the nurses. We work as hard as any other team in England.
Please let me know your decision as soon as possible (=as soon as you can) . His last album sold half a million copies and we hope this one will be just as (=equally) popular.
used to say what job, duty, use, or appearance someone or something has
As a parent, I feel that more should be done to protect our children. A large flat stone was used as a table. Dad dressed up as Santa Claus.
used to say what someone thinks or says a person or thing is
The problem is regarded as serious. The result of last week's election will be seen as a victory for the right-wing government. He's described as being in his late teens, tall, and of slim build.
when someone was in a particular age group
As a young man, Eliot had studied art in Paris. I'll take you to all the places I loved as a girl.
as  [conj.]
used in comparisons
as ... as
They want peace as much as we do. Helen comes to visit me as often as she can. I can't run as fast as I used to.
in the way that someone says or that something happens, or in the condition something is in
Do as I say! We'd better leave things as they are until the police arrive. The money was repaid, as promised. He did not need to keep moving house, as his father had. Roberta was late as usual (=in the way that she usually was) .
used to say that what you are saying is already known or has been stated before
David, as you know, has not been well lately. As I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next meeting. As Napoleon once said, attack is the best method of defence.
while or when
I saw Peter as I was getting off the bus. As time passed, things seemed to get worse. Just as the two men were leaving, a message arrived.
used to state why a particular situation exists or why someone does something
As it was getting late, I turned around to start for home. We asked Philip to come with us, as he knew the road.
though
Unlikely as it might seem, I'm tired too. Try as she might, Sue couldn't get the door open. As popular as he is, the President hasn't always managed to have his own way.
as for somebody/something
used when you are starting to talk about someone or something new that is connected with what you were talking about before
Kitty's got so thin. And as for Carl, he always seems to be ill. You can ask the others, but as for myself, I'll be busy in the office.
as yet [used in negatives] until and including the present time - used to say that something has not happened although it may happen in the future
We've had no word from Colin as yet.
as if.../as though...
a) in a way that makes it seem that something is true or that something is happening
It sounds as though she's been really ill. Gary was behaving as though nothing had happened. Mrs Crump looked as if she was going to explode. Beckworth shook his head as if to say 'Don't trust her'.
b) used to emphasize that something is not true or will not happen
She said she'd never speak to me again. As if I cared (=I do not care at all) .'Don't try any funny business, now.' 'As if I would.' As if! spoken informal He asked if I'd go out with him. As if! (=it is extremely unlikely that I would go out with him)
see usage note as1
it's not as if
used to say that something cannot be the explanation for a situation or someone's behaviour because it is not true
Why do they never go on holiday? I mean it's not as if they're poor is it? I don't know why you're so frightened of her, it's not as if she's got any power over you.
as it is
a) because of the situation that actually exists - used when that situation is different from what you expected or need
They hoped to finish the kitchen by Friday, but as it is they'll probably have to come back next week.
b) already
Just keep quiet - you're in enough trouble as it is.
as from/of something
starting from a particular time or date and continuing
As from today, you are in charge of the office. As of now, there will be no more paid overtime.
as against something
in comparison with something
Profits this year are $2.5 million as against $4 million last year.
as to something
a) concerning
Frank was very uncertain as to whether it was the right job for him. advice as to which suppliers to approach He kept his rivals guessing as to his real intentions.
b) formal used when you are starting to talk about something new that is connected with what you were talking about before
As to our future plans, I think I need only say that the company intends to expand at a steady rate.
as it were
used when describing someone or something in a way that is not quite exact
Jim Radcliffe became our idol, as it were, the man we all wanted to be.
as is/was/does etc
formal used to add that what you have said is also true of someone or something else
Eve's very tall, as was her mother. I voted Labour, as did my wife.

while / waɪl /     [conj.]
during the time that something is happening
They arrived while we were having dinner. While she was asleep, thieves broke in and stole her handbag. She met Andy while working on a production of Carmen.
see usage note during
all the time that something is happening
Would you look after the children while I do the shopping?
used to emphasize the difference between two situations, activities etc
Schools in the north tend to be better equipped, while those in the south are relatively poor.
in spite of the fact that
ᅳsynonym althoughWhile never a big eater, he did snack a lot.While there was no conclusive evidence, most people thought he was guilty.

以上解释来自以前的讨论帖子不知道MM是否已看过

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=23&replyid=1253574&id=17115&page=1&skin=0&Star=1

另外,如果同族词变化词义是完全相同的,那是可以变化的,但是如果释义有区别,那就不可以,所以是否保持词性不变并不极端,而是要试具体情况而定,而大方向是尽量保持。

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-7 12:28:15编辑过]
7#
发表于 2006-6-7 12:45:00 | 只看该作者

(B) while in adolescence

要while干嘛?要表示在青春期直接in adolescence

就做状语啦

while 该引导句子,必须补全:while she was in adolescence

或者就干脆 in adolescence

以上这样语法虽然没错,但是蛮怪的解释:在青春期签了一个宣言

还是作为一个青少年的时候签了一个宣言,比较好

因为后面是一个具体的时间“35岁”,所以前面的比较最好也比较的具体才好

所以E好

----------------------------------------------------------------

如果选B

1.首先应该补全while从句;或者去除while

2.后面的35岁也应该改掉,改成in 35或者she was 35

这样比较对称

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-6-7 12:45:59编辑过]
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-6-7 15:11:00 | 只看该作者

非常感谢这么精心的帮助!

可能因为我刚来对CD还不熟悉,还请版主多指点!我是想去找过去的讨论贴,但是发现有2个问题:

1)经过改版的资料(例如大全885到987,在置顶区还是885对吗?),使用说明中只说了987包括哪一类题目,并没有看见题号的对照表,而且我也没有10版的OG,所以不知道这道题是OG上的。10版的OG用了那么多年,肯定关于里面的题目讨论贴很充分,但过度到11版,使用新版的人对10版的题肯定不了解。

为了按照版主说得先搜索有无前人的讨论,只能先查某道题是否属于OG范畴,11版上有没有?而且倒着查证是否是从10版遗传到11版的,如果是,则看OG或网站上的解释。对于出现在11版OG之前的大全,如果我对11版OG能每道题都印在脑子里,我就能排除那些从10版遗传到11版、夹杂在大全间的10版OG题,如果大全或者其他资料上的题,不属于11版OG,在我没有把10版OG也印在脑子里之前,并且在和其他资料也无相应题号对照的情况下,我无法辨别它们的原出处。如果是这种情况,我还不了解查询过往帖子的方法是什么?什么情况属于穷其所找后可以重新发贴?

2)发现网站的搜索功能不支持全文内容搜索,只能靠标题,尽管有规定发贴时应该如何写标题,大家写题号时方法依然不统一,降低了标题搜索的效率。

想请版主告诉我一下,例如上述这道题,版主是如何一定位过往贴的?我天资愚钝,望多指教!再谢了!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-10 10:21
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部