发表于 2003-4-3 02:19:00 | 显示全部楼层

急!!! 英国的Cambridge还是美国的 UGA?

Cambridge MBA: 1年,总共费用人民币35万元, 全自费
Univ of Georgia MBA, 3rd Tier, 2年,去掉奖学金需要提供人民币 8万元
希望得到大家的指点和分析,应该选择哪一所?
发表于 2003-4-3 02:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
Mayflower,

Congratulations on the school offers.

Based on the information you provided to me, here are some of my humble opinion:

1.  The information you provided so far is only in "investment" side - mathmatically speaking, the money needs for Cambridege > University of Georgia; and from this point of view, the answer is clear - if you want to follow the rule of the least input possible;

2.  Time constrain:  Cambridge only needs one year, while U of G. needs 2 year.  Suppose you made XYZ money, of course, to make it accurate, you need to put this opportunity cost to above step calculation.

3.  The above 2 are simple, straight-forward calculation.  The following ones is more objective analysis:

A.  Visa concern - which has more possibility - C or U of G?
B.  Concentration concern - which school you might get more statisfication according to your academic and profession interest?

4.  Long-term (5 to 10 years from now) professional development path concern.

This is definately the most difficult question, but if I were you, I would land in this question as one of the most heavest weight toward my final choice between C and U of G.

This question is a natural extension of 3.B question listed above; but it is way beyong 3.B's scope.

A.  Geogrphical concern: most Britian school graduate Chinese student will go back to China after school due to the immigration law in Britian; while US, in generally is more opening for aliens, though the situation is changing now.

B.  Your background & future industray consideration.

C.  Family concern.

The above are just my personal advices, and it is for your reference only.

Good luck,
Andy
发表于 2003-4-3 23:51:00 | 显示全部楼层
mayflower mm,

If I were you, I choose Cambridge! I am really appreciated Cambridge!!!
发表于 2003-4-4 01:30:00 | 显示全部楼层
UGA's placement is not very good, but you can transfer to other BS.
UGA is located at a small town, so living expenses should not be vey high. I think 7000/academic year is enough for one person. If you got tuition waiver and 5000 per acamedic year, so it should cover most of your living expenses. So the total cost of your 2 year's MBA at UGA is about USD5000-6000.( not including your flight ticket ^_^).
Cambridge's MBA is still quite young. Maybe a little more than ten years.  I don't think it worth RMB400000.
发表于 2003-4-4 23:09:00 | 显示全部楼层
Cambridge have very good loan system.

You can apply for total tuition with living cost as well. the rate is the normal rate + 2%.
You can pay back in 6 years after graduation. Starting from 6 month after graduation.
Anytime you do not have a job in between, you can just pay back the interest and start to pay back as contracted when you find a job.

It is very easy to get the loan. The condition is much better than Insead. They got worse rate and the bank denies a lot of students every year.

Welcome to Cambridge!!!
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-5 01:08:00 | 显示全部楼层
各位斑竹,你们真是太让我感动了,我会好好考虑你们的意见,自己也会在这写时间好好考虑一下, 如果你们再想到什么,请一定给我留言, 或者我的email: mayflower37@sina.com

Ella, are you already in Cadmbridge?
发表于 2003-4-5 01:50:00 | 显示全部楼层
Choose Cambridge definitely if you have to choose one between two. The U. of Georgia is even not considerable, considering the bad economy and bad job placment of MBAs. With a MBA degree from a 3-tier,  lots of work to do to try to launch a job if it is not possible.
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-7 01:02:00 | 显示全部楼层
刚看到UGA的排名升到了42位今年。剑桥的MBA真的值得自费近45万人民币(不好意思之前低估了,学校说所有费用是43,000英镑)吗? UGA给我的是免学杂费+每年5000美圆的资助, 所以我等于每年自己只需要提供5000美圆的生活费. 我现在需要说服我自己,剑桥的什么原因能让我放弃一个美国前50的几乎可以免费上的MBA呢? 大家帮帮我!!!
发表于 2003-4-8 00:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
Personal idea:

One year program and two year program's difference lies in:

one year salary: maybe you can get at least USD50,000 per year which means RMB 400,000 already.
发表于 2003-4-8 14:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
There is no much difference between cambridge and UGA. But it may be difficult to get the visa to US.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:25
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部