ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

正确答案: D

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 2373|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

就要考试了!请教would hvae to!急!

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-3-27 10:43:00 | 只看该作者

就要考试了!请教would hvae to!急!

在langman里面只有will have to 的用法,想问一下would have to本身就是固定用法,还是will have to的过去时?

在大全里面只有一题:

99.     Although the manager agreed to a more flexible work schedule, he said that it must be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor will know what everyone is assigned to do.

(A) he said that it must be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor will know what everyone is

(B) he said it had to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor knows what everyone is

(C) he said that they would have to post the assignments on the bulletin board so that management and labor knew what everyone was

(D) he said that the schedule would have to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor would know what everyone wasA补充-249

(E) saying that the schedule had to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor would know what everyone had been

大全注释:

would have to be done一般表客观,如:

If funding for the new police officers’ salaries is approved, support for other city services will have to be reduced during the next fiscal year.

GWD-1-Q32:

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.

• have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic

• have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

• would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical

• would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic

• E。would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical

GWD这道题目是过去式还是什么?我记得tonyadidas的作文模本模板里面有这样一句话:to make the argument logically acceptable, the author would have to show that,这里似乎是固定用法,我记得以前好像也学过它做情态动词,但是太模糊了,请帮忙确认一下!!

谢谢!!

沙发
    发表于 2006-3-27 10:59:00 | 只看该作者

我也很想知道WOULD用法

UP!

板凳
     楼主| 发表于 2006-3-27 14:44:00 | 只看该作者
    up together
    地板
     楼主| 发表于 2006-3-27 23:11:00 | 只看该作者

ft

up

5#
    发表于 2006-3-28 04:00:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用feiqtx在2006-3-27 10:59:00的发言:

我也很想知道WOULD用法

UP!

would: 1) subjunctive mood 2) past tense for "will". The usage of which depends on the context of the sentence.

If I was (not were) to accept their offer—I'm still considering—I would have to start the new job on May 2. - would = past tense of "will"

If I were (not was) to accept their offer—I rejected it already—I would have to start the new job on May 2. - would = subjunctive mood (contradicting to fact)

6#
    发表于 2006-3-28 04:26:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用v521在2006-3-27 10:43:00的发言:

在langman里面只有will have to 的用法,想问一下would have to本身就是固定用法,还是will have to的过去时?

在大全里面只有一题:

99.     Although the manager agreed to a more flexible work schedule, he said that it must be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor will know what everyone is assigned to do.

(A) he said that it must be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor will know what everyone is

(B) he said it had to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor knows what everyone is

(C) he said that they would have to post the assignments on the bulletin board so that management and labor knew what everyone was

(D) he said that the schedule would have to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor would know what everyone wasA补充-249

(E) saying that the schedule had to be posted on the bulletin board so that both management and labor would know what everyone had been

大全注释:

would have to be done一般表客观,如:

If funding for the new police officers’ salaries is approved, support for other city services will have to be reduced during the next fiscal year.

would have to 不是固定用法. will have to, 甚至will must都可以用. by the way, I support D instead of A for 99.

have to 和must好像没有主观客观一分. See my notes about Have to vs. Must.

Notes: Have to vs. Must

1) Both must and have to can be used to speak about obligation or necessity. This is only the case when we are referring to the present or future.

The doctor says I must stop smoking.

The doctor says I have (got) to stop smoking.

2) When we speak about obligation or necessity in the past, we use have to.

She had to stop running because she was exhausted.

I had to pay a parking fine.

It is not possible to use must in this way.

3) Also, must and have to can both be used to express the idea of certainty:

He must be the fastest runner in the world.

He has (got) to the fastest runner in the world.

4) To speak about certainty in the past, we use must:

He must have been late because I saw him miss the train.

The storm must have spoilt their picnic.

It is not possible to use have to in this way.

5) When used in the negative, must and have to have different meanings. Must is used to say that something is prohibited, while have to is used to express a lack of obligation:

You mustn't cross the road here. (It is prohibited)
    You don't have to cross the road here. (It's not necessary, i.e. you can stay on this side and cross later).

7#
     楼主| 发表于 2006-3-28 10:57:00 | 只看该作者

GWD-1-Q32:>>

To develop more accurate population forecasts, demographers have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic determinants of fertility.>>

>>

1. have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economic>>
    2. have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical>>
    3. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economical
    4. would have to know a great deal more than they do now about the social and economic

E。would have to know a great deal more than now about the social and economical

那GWD这道题算是虚拟语气是吧,对现在的虚拟?

大全99还是A吧,后面用一般现在时表示manager相信的一种事实,he said that +一般现在

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
    近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-10 18:27
    京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部