ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖

[申请总结] 我们的商学院申请之路(更新第71篇:一张图讲清商学院选校;面经更新第38所:Ivey)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2019-11-6 15:50:17 | 显示全部楼层
沃顿面试群, Chris在里面发的准备TBD的系列文章汇总

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
 楼主| 发表于 2019-11-6 15:53:30 | 显示全部楼层
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
1)基本概况
面试平均时常:45-60分钟
风格(面经反应): “relaxed,” “friendly,” 和 “conversational.”
在哪面/面试的人:
a. 校园面
很多在美国的申请人会在校园接受面试。
面试人:二年级的学生/招生官
因为是Blind Interview,问题非常标准化,基本都是:Why school,Why MBA, Career Goal, Contribution。同时申请者最好着重展示自己的学校的喜欢和Commitment。
b. 校外面
如果申请人无法去校园面,申请人可以在Hub cities接受校友们的面试(纽约,香港,华盛顿,上海或伦敦等)面试地点可以在咖啡厅,也会在面试官的工作地点。
✨ 校友的面试很难估计从半小时到两三小时的都有,要努力展现下列特质:
为什么Booth商学院对你特殊,你想获得啥,你想贡献什么
你是谁,你的职业规划清晰么
风格:有非常难说话的校友,也有非常有善的校友。
c. Skype
招生官会对一些申请人进行进行Skype面试。
难度
Booth 每年面试40%的申请者,每年最后这里面一半左右的人可以收到Offer

2. 面试官寄语:
1)The interview is meant to get to know you better. Tell us more about your goals and aspirations. What makes you tick? Why get an MBA? Why Booth?
Chicago Booth Full-Time MBA Admissions Blog, 1/19
2)Though we want to know about your professional experience and skillset, your admissions interview is different from a typical job interview. It’s a chance for you to tell us what’s important to you and why you want to earn your MBA at Chicago Booth. In other words, help us to understand why this experience will be worth it to you  ve or ten years down the road.
Chicago Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog, 5/18
3)Similar to preparing for a job interview, you’ll want to research Chicago Booth and be able to articulate why it’s a good  t for you. There is a lot of information about the program available on our website, but you can also call upon others in the Booth community. If you know any current students, alumni, faculty or staff, these are all good people to connect with beforehand. If you don’t know anyone to talk with, contact the Admissions O ce to see if they can put you in touch with someone.
Chicago Booth Executive MBA Admissions Blog, 1/16
4)Keep in mind that the [interview] experience is meant to be positive—there won’t be any case questions or interrogations. ... Once [you are at the interview], relax and be yourself. Authenticity is important! The interviewer is hoping to walk away with a strong understanding of who you are and how you will be as a Chicago Booth student.
Chicago Booth Executive MBA Admissions Blog, 2/18
5)You may feel nervous, but try to be as natural as you can in your admissions interview. Don’t be afraid of stumbling over some words, starting a story over, or going a little off- script. It’s more important for interviewers to feel like they’re talking to and learning about a person rather than just hearing a presentation.
Chicago Booth Evening and Weekend MBA Admissions Blog, 5/18

3. 如何准备
1)刚开始准备
  • 申请人需要准备好非常细节关于Why系列+ 职业规划方面的回答(为什么你需要mba,为什么现在,长短期职业规划等问题)
  • 申请人需要准备 Why Chicago Booth等相关问题(这其中就包括 mba项目,班级情况,中信,教师资源,课外活动以及任何相关的话题)
  • 申请人需要准备一些体现申请人领导力和成就方面的问题:“Tell me about a success”,"Tell me about failure"
  • 申请人需要准备一些展现自己性格的问题:比如“How would your friends describe you?” 去向面试官展示自己是符合Booth close-knit的社区。

2)面试建议
a. 申请者是否是个Interesting的人
Booth学finance的人非常多,很多学生入学校会自己开玩笑说Booth在别人的眼里比较nerdy;现在Booth已经在逐步改变这种情况,希望能够继续营造一种环境让学生既能够 Academically strong,又非常能够玩,非常interesting,能够在生活中发现很多有趣的事情。

Booth审核思路是先二年级的学生来,之后让admission officer审阅。如果让二年级的学生先来审核,二年级同学最希望招进来的人可以和自己玩到一起的,在今后事业、社会上,能够在professional方面互相帮助的。事业上成功、生活上有意思的人,有自己的个性。
b. 职业规划清晰程度
申请人是否logical,career goal是不是realizable、reasonable的,另外回答问题的时候体现思路logical,非常有逻辑的说明为什么申请booth,为什么要读MBA。
c. Be genuine
对学校诚实,也是对自己诚实,勇敢地敞开自己,自然会有说服力。说清楚自己为啥想去booth。Booth非常看重和学校的fit以及你对学校的了解。建议尽可能熟悉和你career goal相关的资源,比如哪几门课,哪些club,哪些比赛,哪些活动。也尽量能从多个角度阐述你能给Booth带来的贡献。
d. Think critically about leadership
MBA为什么强调leadership,leadership到底是什么,建议批判性独创性地去想清楚,不仅会让你在essay和面试中stand out,而且对于工作也是极大裨益——想清楚后你会发现自己有了一个完全不同的境界去做事/与人沟通
e. Hang in there
首先,你必须要直面自己的缺点/不足/失败/遗憾,接受自己far from perfect的事实;其次,规划未来5年10年的道路,意味着对于一个之前抱着impossible is nothing信念的年轻人来说,不再有模棱两可的空间,you simply have to kill the boy and let the man be born。痛苦,但无法逃避,因此必须hang in there,这也算是渡过quarter-life crisis的一种方式吧
f. 准备几个好故事
准备behavior question的时候,提前想好几个好故事,面试的时候尽量用这几个准备充分的故事来回答问题。这些故事在situation和task上最好比较吸引人,例如具有中国特色,或者有较强的冲突和张力,在action和result上能够充分体现能力和特点,有自己的特色。
g. 答案要简洁生动
例如why XX school和behaviorquestions. 讲答案时有逻辑,有重点,不要一上来所有细节都讲得很细,要留给对方问问题的余地。这样对方就会追问你一些他感兴趣的细节,你们的对话也会比较互动。
h 其他申请学校
不要说自己申请Kellogg,想来芝加哥就是因为Booth
i. 注意面试官风格
面试开始后,了解她的面试风格。detail?生活?diversity是否感兴趣?

发表于 2019-11-6 15:59:46 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢!
发表于 2019-11-6 16:26:30 | 显示全部楼层
看看,这里有好多内容啊
发表于 2019-11-6 16:54:16 | 显示全部楼层
看一下!               
发表于 2019-11-6 18:27:17 | 显示全部楼层
好友已通过
发表于 2019-11-7 03:50:14 发自 iPad 设备 | 显示全部楼层
ChaseDream元元 发表于 2019-9-15 21:44
第1篇:职业规划需要包含几个方面

1. Long-term and Short-term Goal:

看一下!               
发表于 2019-11-7 11:09:51 | 显示全部楼层
看一下
发表于 2019-11-7 14:09:31 | 显示全部楼层
much needed! thx
 楼主| 发表于 2019-11-7 14:11:11 | 显示全部楼层
GSB面经
学校
1.    Why an MBA
2.    Why Stanford?
3.    Out of so many things about Stanford, what is the one thing that makes Stanford so important to you?
4.    Choose what fits your profile best. For me it clearly was the entrepreneurial mindset and the close-knit community
5.    What happens if an MBA doesn’t work out.
6.    What was the point/situation that made you realize you wanted an MBA?
职业规划
1.    What are your 5-7 years ahead career goals and how will Stanford help you achieve them.
2.    Post MBA plans?
3.    Why post MBA industry?
工作
1.    Tell me about your current job/Tell me about yourself/ Tell me about your position at [X company]
2.    Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague/ Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult people to accomplish something.
3.    Describe a time at work in the last couple of years when you felt effective.
4.    Tell me about a challenge you faced at work.
5.    Tell me about a challenging project./Tell me about the most challenging project you led/ Tell me about [X project]
6.    What were some of the innovative things you did for [Y company]?
7.    What did you learn about yourself after [working at Y company]?
8.    How did you get into [X field]?
9.    Tell me about your start-up and how it came to be.
10.  Tell me about a project where things did not go so well.
11.  You proposed an idea for a new project or piece of work – how did you make the case for it, were you ultimately successful
12.  Tell me about a situation when the company wanted to do something and you wanted to do something else and how did you convince them?
13.  You can talk about a difficult situation with an overseas boss or anything relavant. What could you have done differently to improve the outcome.
14.  Why did you follow this path/took this job
15.  What is your biggest accomplishment at work?
16.  Walk me through a typical day at job X.
17.  Hardest decision you have had to make at X job.
个性/经历
1.    Describe a time when you saw a problem before anyone else did/ Tell me about a time when you recognized a problem or an opportunity before anyone else.
2.    Describe a time when you showed initiative/ Tell me about a time when you took initiative and ran a project on your own at your current company.
3.    Tell me about an achievement you are most proud of/ Tell me about a moment in the last two years when you were most proud of something you did./Tell me about your most meaningful achievement
4.    Describe a time when you went beyond authority/Tell me about a time when you acted beyond your authority./Tell me about a time when you went beyond the bounds of authority. How did the involved parties react?
5.    You went beyond the formal bounds of your role.
6.    Tell me about a time when you led a team/ Tell me about a time when you were a leader/ Tell me about a time when you were a leader of a group.
7.    Tell me about a bad leader?
8.    Tell me about a time when you faced an opposing view that you had to overcome.
9.    How much freedom did you have in your role, and how has that impacted your learning?
10.  Tell me about a time when you faced a large obstacle in your life.
11.  Tell me about a time when you were not happy with the outcome of something you did.
12.  What did you learn about yourself during [X life event]?
13.  Tell me about your time at [your undergraduate university]
14.  Tell me about a time you were faced with two attractive situations (you made a difficult decision)
15.  When is a time you stepped beyond your immediate responsibilities?
16.  Explain to me how you lead in your work or in some other context?
17.  Tell me about a time when you failed within a team.
18.  What was your favorite class in college?/ What was the best college course you took?
兴趣
1.    What do you do outside work
2.    Describe hobbies where you have achieved some milestones and which make you stand apart.
3.    Tell me about a nonbusiness book you read?
其他
1.    What questions do you have for me?
2.    Is there anything else you’d like me to know?
3.    Why aren’t you applying to schools X and Y?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部