查看: 2990|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[录取汇报] 2019年北美九校MBA申请报告及面试

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2019-3-30 23:43:27 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
以下是我2019年申请的九个北美MBA学校的情况:

SchoolSubmittedInterview Invite ReceivedInterview DateInterview MethodAnnouncing DateAdmissionScholarship Per YearEnrollment
Washington University - St  Louis1/17/20191/23/20192/15/2019Skype3/12/2019AdmittedFull
Georgetown1/7/20191/22/20192/7/2019At my location - NYC3/26/2019Waitlisted then Withdrew
Emory 1/4/20191/18/20192/12/2019In person at school3/7/2019Admitted$20,000
Carnegie Mellon1/5/20191/7/20191/29/2019In person at school3/14/2019AdmittedNone
Vanderbilt1/9/2019 11/2/2018In person at school's discover weekend.3/6/2019Admitted$35,000
Duke1/3/2019RejectedRejectedRejected3/15/2019Rejected
NYU Stern1/15/20192/26/20193/20/2019In person at school3/29/2019AdmittedNoneYes
UVA Darden1/10/20191/29/20192/21/2019In person at school3/20/2019Waitlisted then Withdrew
UNC Kenan Flagler1/14/20191/21/20192/5/2019In person at school3/15/2019AdmittedNone

以下是几个学校的面试问题:

CMU
What a typical day like for me?
Why MBA? And why now?
What do you want to do after MBA?
What research have you done for choosing Tepper?
How will you make a decision on a project if you don't havecomplete information?
Give me a situation when you had to compromise yourself andhow you handled it?
How do you learn someone's diverse cultural background?
If you can make changes for something you've done at work tomake the result better, what changes will you be making?
How do people use you at work?
What do you like to do for fun?

面试官是Tiffany Davidson。面试这些匹兹堡在下大雪。面试官经验感觉不是很丰富,所以基本是我在带着对话。

McDonough
Tell me about yourself?
Why MBA?
Give me an example about someone who's challenging to workwith and how you handled it?
Give me an example when you received critism from someone.
Give me an example when you give critism to someone.
Why McDonough?
Give me an example with you have to work with a global team?
Give me an example when you propose a change to yourorganization or team and create a positive impact.
Will there be any concerns that will hold back you fromenrolling at McDonough?

面试官是Amanda。面试我选在了纽约。乔治城是我的保底学校,所以我并没有特别特别的准备。这里要说下最后一个问题。这个问题的正确答案应该是:没有任何让我不选择乔治城的Concern。Amanda是个挺漂亮的姑娘。我们是在一个酒店吧台面试,中间遇到很多酒店吧台工作人员的骚扰。Amanda一直在抱歉。我感觉这是我作为申请人最大的表现机会,所以不但做了我们对话的总结,以助于她被打断后能迅速回到话题中;我也讲了一些笑话逗她笑缓解她的尴尬。其实我最后一个问题回答得相当地烂,Amanda都已经帮我把正确答案讲到嘴边了结果我还是没接。我说完后可以明显感觉她表情的变化。所以我肯定回答烂了。也活该被Waitlist。

Kenan Flagler
You have a master degree. Is it a tough decision to go aftera master degree when you already have a bachelor? What made you make thatdecision?
Your experiences at your current company?
How do your supervisors or your managers use you or regardyou?
Your greatest accomplishment.
What character do you have as a team mate?
Why Kenan Flagler?
If your manager wants to make a change on you, what changedo you think it will be?
Give me an example about someone who's challenging to workwith and how you handled it?
What inspire you to achieve (both professionally andpersonally)?

面试官是Marti。她其实不是传统Kenan Flagler的招生办雇员,而是UNC在线MBA的雇员。她面试中给了我很奇怪的感觉。比如她会说:I hope you are genuine about your interest in our collaborative community......I will share with you one of my stories in this community and you will definitely appreciate it in the future.....本来我也没想要被录取。同时我这天是中国的春节。我前天加班到半夜1点,飞机又是早上5点,所以我基本没睡觉去面试。

Olin (There is no Q&A part)
Tell me a little bit about yourself?
Why MBA?
Why Olin?
Give me an example when you build partnership with anothergroup of people and accomplish the mission together
Give me an example when you have to learn something new andhow you handled it
What about St Louis city? What excites you the most?
How would you define success?
If you wake up in the morning and you receive all schooloffers, how would you choose them and how would you decide to choose Olin
Identify a global trend that is impacting what your practiceand business or your company.

这个面试给我的感觉很奇怪,面试官是John。但他好像是Olin外包出去的面试。不像其他MBA项目会有一个“Do you have any questions for me”的环节。这个面试里完全没有。面试官也没给我他的联系方式,导致我都没法写Thank you note。从Olin的问题大家应该也不难发现Olin把传统的一些问题重新用了新的辞藻。算是要突出自己的不同么?

Emory
Tell me about yourself?
Greatest accomplishment at work?
Why Emory?
Why MBA and why now?
Short Term career goal after MBA? Long term?
What do you like to do for fun?
Why did you choose your current company?
What did you do at school to prepare for your career at yourcurrent company?
A successful story about your team work experience
A successful story about your leadership exeperience in achallenging environment.
How would your supervisors and your co-works describe you?

我又是一大早的飞机,且又是加班到很晚,所以又是一个通宵没睡觉情况下的面试。结果还不错。Emory给我的整体感觉相当不错,学生友好,我也遇到了其他申请人,质量也挺高。同时亚特兰大我因为工作出差去过几次,虽然城市里黑人比例较高,但整体亚特兰大硬件设施比较新,也有大熊猫看(嘿嘿)。如果不录取Stern,我会去Emory。面试官是Libby Livinston。虽然Libby全程表情严肃,但言辞比较友善婉转,同时也是唯一一个面试完和我一直保持联系的MBA招生官。

Darden (very random and flexible)
I talked the following things:
Why MBA? Why now?
Why Darden?
Why Charlottsville?
Leadership experiences?
How I handle the conversation when someone disagrees me?
Which club, other than professional club, will I contributemy time to and why?
Special things about me (childhood, time in Shanghai, asignificant event in my life).
My education - Bachelor and master.
My experiences at previous firm and current firm.
How people use me in my current position.

达顿的面试是我所有面试中最惨的,也最无辜的一次。达顿所在地夏洛特村几乎没有直飞纽约的航班,所以我不得不在北卡罗来纳的夏洛特城转机。结果那天纽约大雪,导致我没赶上夏洛特城的转机。机场滞留排队了两小时,结果我又被告知没有第二的白天航班。不甘心错过第二天早9点面试的我当即决定租车,从夏洛特城开到达顿,路长300迈(约450公里)。开到离达顿只有50迈时结果我出了车祸,在荒野中静静地待了2个小时。最后我终于在8:15赶到达顿。虽然我预订了房间,但我也无福消受,速速洗了澡,刷了牙,准时做了9点的面试(是的我早饭也没吃,而且又是通宵没睡觉后面试)。结果和面试官Rita Roman一见如故,一不小心聊了将近50分钟。谁想我最后被达顿Waitlist。和Waitlist负责人Cheryl通话时她极其肯定我的背景,经验,也说Rita对我的评价很高。但是达顿今年因为第一次开Early Action,导致第二轮前已经招了接近以往70%的名额,留给第二和第三轮的机会实在不多。我申请中最大的本科GPA过低的缺陷最终让我被Waitlist。Cheryl说我的背景可以,也极大表达了对达顿的兴趣,所以她不推荐我做任何事情,只要保持联系,等通知就行。可以说达顿这个申请,来来回回真是一大挫折。好在我最想进的Stern最后给了录取。

Stern
I learned that you like singing. Could you tell me alittle bit about it?
Tell me a little bit about your undergraduate and graduateschool and your working experiences.
What is the most impressive accomplishment you have at yourcurrent role?
What do you want to do after MBA and why.
Let's say that you are a Stern student now. How would youapproach job search and recruiting?
You definitely did a lot research about Stern. What Sternoffers surprise you the most?
What strength would you want to see from your MBAclassmates?
At Stern, each student has a study group. What kind of roledo you want to take in your study group.
What is your leadership style?

Stern面试这一天是我精神状态最好的一天,但是却莫名紧张,导致我很多对Stern了解,掌握的知识,没有尽数地说出来。本来很担心自己不被录取,好在结果还是很不错。我的面试官是Adam Smith。我个人感觉Stern是个很在意申请人的团队能力,以及个人最大化MBA和Stern资源的努力。他们应该希望申请人有很不错的团队协作能力,人际交往能力,同时也希望申请人能利用好Stern的优势最好自己的工作,而不是希望Stern来帮你安排好一切。毕竟Stern所处的纽约市资源实在是太多了。如果一个申请人连放在面前的资源都不会好好利用,我是招生办的我也不会要他。这点和一些村里的MBA项目很不同。这些村里,或者三线城市的项目往往希望申请人能热爱他们所在的社区和城镇。比如UNC那边就侧重他们本地的社区(甚至怀疑我是否中意他们社区);我在达顿的面试中,面试官也问:You definitely know a lot about New York City, what do you know about our Charlottesville?这一点我觉得申请人都要注意。具体细节我打算额外写个帖子讲一讲。

以下是本人的硬资料:

GMAT:720
本科1:纽约城市大学系统下的一所社区学院。GPA:2.83。学位是副学士学位。专业是会计。
本科2:纽约城市大学系统下的一所四年大学。GPA:3.17。学位是正血是学位。专业是会计。
硕士:纽约城市大学系统下的一所四年大学。GPA:3.5。专业是会计。
工作经验1:国家税务局做了将近1年。主要是审税。有管理经验。
工作经验2:四大会计事务所里税务部做了4年。主要是给投资理财,资产管理公司提供报税服务和M&A税务咨询,还有内部的给其他项目做IT咨询。有管理经验。
执照:纽约州注册会计师。
本人申请时身份是美国公民。
其他活动1:Ascend的一个会员。曾经搞过2-3个项目帮助大学里的学生找工作,面试,申请工作,训练一些工作用软件等等。
其他活动2:纽约注册会计师社区下地产专业委员会成员以及一年一度的地产会议的志愿者。
其他活动3:之前做过3年的VITA项目的志愿者。VITA是国家税务局下面给低收录人群免费报税的一个社区服务项目。

我打算过几天额外再写个帖子说说一些心得和想法。我准备了两次MBA。这次跨时接近一年,接触过超过10个学校和无数的申请人。我也听闻了不少故事,会和大家分享。
收藏收藏4 收藏收藏4
沙发
发表于 2019-3-31 00:34:40 来自手机 | 只看该作者
我不觉得你输在了乔治城的最后一题哦,我觉得是你package蛮强的乔治城看出了你是拿他保底所以没有直接给offer,我也被问了你的最后一题,我的回答是我想了解一下乔治城附近在DC或者DC周边是否有很多工作机会,因为毕竟不是美国人所以我害怕DC的就业机会大多数来自政府或非营利机构,没有很多大企业所以去了乔治城之后找工作或者找实习因为地理缘故被disadvantaged然后面试官跟我说完全不需要担心,因为毕业生很多都去纽约工作,而且DC是有许多企业及就业机会的。乔治城还问了我一个问题报了哪些学校,我很诚实的回答了两三个和他排名差不多的及略高的,并且说了进展比如已面试或已收到面试邀请。可能因为我package没你强哈,所以我拿到offer 了哈
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2019-3-31 01:06:41 | 只看该作者
sepp 发表于 2019-3-31 00:34
我不觉得你输在了乔治城的最后一题哦,我觉得是你package蛮强的乔治城看出了你是拿他保底所以没有直接给off ...

你拿到offer很好了的说。本来乔治城是我顶上选择,因为我最早想从事房地产金融方面。乔治城不错的。我最后问题回答的是:钱..........我说如果其他学校给我奖学金多点说不定我会犹豫...........
地板
发表于 2019-3-31 01:08:22 来自手机 | 只看该作者
  哈哈哈哈哈哈 提钱伤感情啊,我觉得对学校的忠诚度不应该用钱来衡量,所以跟每个学校都没提过,但是录取之后就可以要钱啦
5#
发表于 2019-3-31 01:16:22 | 只看该作者
Gleeman0805 发表于 2019-3-31 01:06
你拿到offer很好了的说。本来乔治城是我顶上选择,因为我最早想从事房地产金融方面。乔治城不错的。我最后 ...

哈哈楼主,我最后一个问题和你的回答一模一样呀
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-24 02:51
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部