ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 33623|回复: 103

[学校信息] ChaseDream Exclusive Interview with Cheryl Jones at Darden

[精华]   [复制链接]
发表于 2018-8-25 05:33:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I recently had the opportunity to visit Charlottesville and speak with Cheryl Jones, Senior Associate Director of Admissions at the Darden School of Business. Cheryl provided insights into the school’s expanded scholarships, new Early Action deadline, and certain elements of a successful application.

Read on for the edited interview transcript, with special thanks to Dawna Clarke, Executive Director of Admissions and Financial Aid.

Karen: I have read a lot that Dean Beardsley’s arrival has brought a lot of incredible, positive momentum to Darden. What do you think is the single most exciting development in the past two years?

Cheryl: One item of utmost significance to our values is the increase in our scholarship offerings resulting from over a 700% increase in fundraising specifically for scholarships. A few scholarships of note include:
·        The Batten Scholars Program, which is sponsored by our Batten Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, is a competitive program that supports full- and partial-tuition scholarships for top students with interest and experience in entrepreneurship, innovation and technology.
·        Beginning this year, the Batten Foundation Darden Worldwide Scholarship Program will fund the course fees for all full-time students who participate in a Darden Worldwide Course.
·        The Madison and Monroe Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded each year to top candidates.
·        Top candidates from around the globe will now have the opportunity to compete for a nomination for the prestigious Darden Jefferson Fellowship, which awards full tuition and fees among many other benefits.

Karen: There is now a new early action round with an open interview process at Darden. What would you say is behind this change? Is there any advantage to applying in the early action round as opposed to in a later round?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: It looks like Darden has changed the one-essay application approach which had been used for years. I notice that the short answer questions are actually extracted from the previous application form. How do you feel that having more essays affects the application evaluation process?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: You have been at Darden for 27 years. How would you say admissions here has changed over those years?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: I imagine that each year you have an incredible number of people who apply to your programs, far more than you have seats available. How do you differentiate one applicant from another?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: Can you share any stories of outstanding interview performance that you’ve seen in the past couple of years? What is something a candidate did or said that really stood out?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: The Darden MBA program is unique in several ways, so how can applicants best convey to the admissions committee that they truly understand what the Darden experience is like and how they would fit into it?  

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: What is the one area of Darden that you wish applicants knew more about?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: Totally agree! I have taken an Accounting class taught by Professor Luann Lynch and Strategy classes taught by Professor Michael Lenox and Jared Harris at Coursera. Very impressive. Before we wrap up, is there anything else you would like people to know about Darden?

Cheryl:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

Karen: Thank you so much for speaking with me today Cheryl. I really appreciate it.

Cheryl: My pleasure! I’m thrilled you got the chance to visit Darden and get a feel for our wonderful community.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
发表于 2018-8-28 03:19:31 | 显示全部楼层
感谢林老师~~
发表于 2018-8-28 14:34:25 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
发表于 2018-8-28 18:15:31 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享
发表于 2018-8-28 22:40:04 | 显示全部楼层
thanks a lot ,very valuable insights
发表于 2018-8-29 11:49:47 | 显示全部楼层
感谢分享!               
发表于 2018-8-29 14:47:53 | 显示全部楼层
看一下!               
发表于 2018-8-30 04:55:12 | 显示全部楼层
xiexie
发表于 2018-8-30 08:48:59 | 显示全部楼层
林老师辛苦啦
发表于 2018-8-31 14:11:35 | 显示全部楼层
同意!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 02:27
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部