返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3112|回复: 13
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请总结] Should You Quit Your Job?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2018-4-24 01:23:01 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
我看到有很多朋友在问到底要不要辞职?其实我觉得很多人都有这样的疑问,我自己也有两段经历,一个辞职了,一个没有。我就问了我之前读ms时mba的admission committee的老师,到底要不要辞职。于是她写了这篇blog,分享在这里只是希望能帮助到更多的朋友。版权属于我的老师-- Marion      
---------

Should You Quit Your Job? One question I often hear from international students is about quitting your job to prepare your MBA application.  The answer is different for everyone. In fact, the decision you make regarding your job is part of your overall strategy in applying for an MBA program.  You should talk to others who have faced this same choice before settling on a decision. From the admission committee’s point of view, the answer is always — it depends.  Let’s look at some of the factors you should consider in making a decision about your job.
  • Work experience is critical to the successful international MBA applicant.  In fact, for many MBA programs, your work experience can give you a huge advantage over domestic students.  During the last ten years, since the Great Recession, many US schools have seen declines in the amount of work experience US students have.  Domestic students with good (five-plus years) are choosing to attend part-time or executive programs rather than quit jobs to attend full-time programs.
  • This fact puts international students with work experience in a good place.  If you have three to five years of work experience (more is better) with a strong company, you will be a good candidate for most programs as long as the rest of your application is strong as well.  But should you quit your job to make your application stronger? The answer is: if you have good experience AND can afford to quit AND need the time to improve your GMAT score, then, yes, quit the job.  The MBA Committee will likely look only at your years of experience and pay less attention to what you are doing right now.  In fact, committees know that many people begin an application while they are still working and may quit them before the committee ever reviews applications.  This is not a problem — they don’t really care that much.
  • But, what if you only have one or two years of experience?  This is a problem. Work experience is one of the international student’s biggest advantages in competing for a place in an MBA program.  To create your best opportunity, you should probably work another two or three years, minimum, if you have a good job. If you do not have a good job, you should look for a better one.  HOWEVER, if your situation requires you to apply to programs sooner than later, short-term work experience may be overcome with a stellar GMAT score and university GPA. And, by stellar GMAT i mean, over 700 minimum.  Less, and you, again, limit your opportunities and schools.

**Please note, I personally believe you should only quit your job to work on your GMAT. The other parts of an application — the essays, program application pages, letters of recommendation and the rest of the requirements — can be managed while you work.  You need a good English editor and an advisor who can help you polish these documents and be sure they are mistake free. But these can be written and developed while you are still earning a salary.  

只是希望帖子能够被更多人看到,谢谢你的支持!

收藏收藏6 收藏收藏6
沙发
发表于 2018-4-25 17:27:08 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
板凳
发表于 2018-4-25 22:34:59 | 只看该作者

Hi LaDuDu, I hope my blog was helpful. Please let me know if you have questions! This is a very big decision.
地板
发表于 2018-4-26 15:37:54 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
5#
发表于 2018-4-26 15:46:57 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
6#
发表于 2018-4-27 18:13:04 | 只看该作者
thanks
7#
发表于 2018-5-2 18:14:11 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
8#
发表于 2018-5-3 08:27:25 来自手机 | 只看该作者
发表于 2018-04-25 22:34:59
本帖最后由 DeanDunagan 于 2018-4-25 22:42 编辑
引用:LaDuDu...

看一下
9#
发表于 2018-5-3 09:47:50 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
10#
发表于 2018-5-3 09:56:07 | 只看该作者
看一下!         
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-25 16:58
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部