搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: Flyte
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[选校] (已定ESSEC)Bocconi MSF V.S. ESSEC GE

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2018-1-18 17:40:41 | 只看该作者
1. kick away McGill, and choose one out of ESSEC and Bocconi. (2nd tier business school in Canada, and poor location, contradiation between PEQ and career location)
(話講, McGill倒轉頭拿來當laurier mfin with coop的備胎可能更合理......另, 我真心看不到McGill MMF哪裡偏理科了.......)
2. be realistic. London after brexit is not something you can expect at all.
3. Bocconi is a solid 1st tier school to European, or those who speak Italian. Therefore some schools you are planning not to apply are better than Bocconi in terms of location (and language)
(e.g. 去了RSM 直接找amsteram的, 去了HSG or Mannheim之類學好德語直接找frankfurt的, logic和去了HEC / ESSEC之類學好法語直接找paris的一樣道理. 比去了Bocconi學了意大利語也不知有幾多工作可以找好不少......)
4. If you aim at developing your further career in asian pacific instead of Europe / Canada, kick out all the school mentioned here.....
5. 一邊"想著留在国外工作几年,然后移民", 一邊想著要asian-pacific的growth, 這世界那有這麼便宜的事......

(o? 樓主本身是會法語的? 那如果法語足夠好的話, kick out bocconi and then choose one from ESSEC and McGill......i will say ESSEC)

12#
发表于 2018-1-18 21:25:51 | 只看该作者
首先赞一个楼主的表格,清晰而且信息明确
我觉得如果目标是海外工作+移民的话essec>bocconi,两国经济形势放在那里。去伦敦工作bocconi的target school优势是针对欧陆学生的,身份问题摆在那里不得不看,所以对于这个目标考虑本国工作的实现率为主可能更好。
加拿大的移民政策比较好,但是我不太清楚外国人金融硕士毕业是否可以找到顺心的工作呢?
13#
 楼主| 发表于 2018-1-18 23:55:46 | 只看该作者
cheesechan 发表于 2018-1-18 17:40
1. kick away McGill, and choose one out of ESSEC and Bocconi. (2nd tier business school in Canada, a ...

谢谢大神回复!!!
1. Yeah if I go to McGill, I aim to immigrate, since I can speak French. The reason why I choose this school is that McGill has a high world rank, top 20-30 I guess? and the second best English speaking uni in Quebec is Concordia ......so I have no choice.
2. Yeah , London is not something I can expect, I now it though I hate to admit it....
3. bocconi is comparable to HEC in mainland Europe. most of my EU friends say it's better than ESSEC. (they are EU citizens so they don't need to worry about visa...) But the economy of Italy is shitttttty. Even Italians don't want to stay in Italy. RSM has Holland to back it up, HSG has Frankfurt and Zurich.  But the programs offered by RSM and HSG are too short (18m) for me to learn the local language and do an internship and find a job? The GE offered by Essec is at leat 3 years so I am positive to find a job and stay in France.
4. I plan to stay in western countries for personal reasons. I wonder if I go to bocconi and than exchange to France and perhaps do an internship in Paris , can I find a job in France after graduation ? I mean Bocconi is Top tier in EU, it should be recognised in Paris as well.
5. I think Essec suits me better, but Bocconi better prepares me for the hard skills I will need in the future.

In the end , if I get McGill and Laurier, you suggest me to go for Laurier?
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2018-1-19 00:04:55 | 只看该作者
叶舟 发表于 2018-1-18 21:25
首先赞一个楼主的表格,清晰而且信息明确
我觉得如果目标是海外工作+移民的话essec>bocconi,两国经济形势 ...

也问了一下加拿大的小伙伴,感觉国际生,尤其是硕士的没有本地工作经验的也很难找到工作。我目前是打算去了mcgill赶紧把法语成绩考出来,这样一毕业就可以移民。
我去法国交换过,对法国还是有点好感在的,至少比意大利靠谱不少。而且法国在欧陆也算对外国人比较开明,尤其马克龙上台之后有变好的趋势
15#
 楼主| 发表于 2018-1-19 00:15:37 | 只看该作者
不要沉
16#
发表于 2018-1-19 01:17:38 | 只看该作者
Flyte 发表于 2018-1-19
1. Yeah if I go to McGill, I aim to immigrate, since I can speak French. The reason why I choose this school is that McGill has a high world rank, top 20-30 I guess? and the second best English speaking uni in Quebec is Concordia ......so I have no choice.
2. Yeah , London is not something I can expect, I now it though I hate to admit it....
3. bocconi is comparable to HEC in mainland Europe. most of my EU friends say it's better than ESSEC. (they are EU citizens so they don't need to worry about visa...) But the economy of Italy is shitttttty. Even Italians don't want to stay in Italy. RSM has Holland to back it up, HSG has Frankfurt and Zurich.  But the programs offered by RSM and HSG are too short (18m) for me to learn the local language and do an internship and find a job? The GE offered by Essec is at leat 3 years so I am positive to find a job and stay in France.
4. I plan to stay in western countries for personal reasons. I wonder if I go to bocconi and than exchange to France and perhaps do an internship in Paris , can I find a job in France after graduation ? I mean Bocconi is Top tier in EU, it should be recognised in Paris as well.
5. I think Essec suits me better, but Bocconi better prepares me for the hard skills I will need in the future.

1a. but you have to know that McGill only......................the reputation and education quality of their business school is far from Canadian 1st tier (ESSEC is a France 1st tier school even it is not as good as HEC in finance)
1b. location matter, you need to be in Toronto.....at the end, getting a good job is the biggest challenge, instead of getting a permit.....
1c. upside is you have a co-op, but the problem of Laurier will be...visa this time. I will suggest Laurier if one dont speak French, but it will be a tough call for you case........and that's why I voted for ESSEC because you have the time and network for internship, and dont have to worry much about visa there.
1d. no one fxcking care about the QS world ranking unless you plan to go back to China.

2. Actually this is not because you are an Chinese / non-European........the game changes after brexit (european will likely need a visa to work in UK when you grauate....)

3a. no one finish it in the exact normative study period for a master in HSG or most business MA/MS in the German-speaking region (unless one plan to go back home afterwars). People go to internships in between, need more time for thesis and etc. In reality, people just take time like something of MiM in France, i.e. 6 semester is common. The school just dont write the internship into the program, but the job market need it, and students do that.
3b. for RSM, Dutch is relativly less required in Amsterdam than French / Geman in Paris / Frankfurt, and also dont forget the 1 year job seeking visa policy there........of course given you speak some French already, France is a more intitutive choice.

4a. what I mean is: there is tradeoff. make the choice, and dont complain.
4b. an exchange to HEC is competitive. also beware that your visa status makes a difference.

5a. you dont need that much hard skills for a general finance job. it is not quantitative finance.
5b. take the CFA

17#
 楼主| 发表于 2018-1-19 09:30:55 | 只看该作者
cheesechan 发表于 2018-1-19 01:17
1a. but you have to know that McGill only......................the reputation and education quality ...

I think you have totally solved my problem and pulled me back to reality, much obliged !!!
18#
发表于 2018-1-19 09:34:36 | 只看该作者
推荐去Bocconi和ESSEC,加拿大实在太无聊也没什么文化底蕴,不太适合楼主
Bocconi就算回国也是Tier1.5的学校,内资券商都认,McGill大家反而都不太知道。
另外法国怎么也是五常,而且楼主还会法语,很适合留下来
19#
 楼主| 发表于 2018-1-19 10:15:38 | 只看该作者
gospel要出去 发表于 2018-1-19 09:34
推荐去Bocconi和ESSEC,加拿大实在太无聊也没什么文化底蕴,不太适合楼主
Bocconi就算回国也是Tier1.5的学 ...

嗯嗯,应该是去essec了,毕竟可以时间长,留下的希望也大, 法国真的除了物价其他条件都比意大利好很多
20#
发表于 2018-1-19 11:07:17 | 只看该作者
课程上 感觉 Bocconi MSF更好,如果完全奔着留下的话还是加拿大压力小。另外想问一下楼主什么时候投的Laurier给了面试?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-26 21:04
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部