[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2011-3-10 00:27:07 | 只看该作者
UTSA很NICE哦,最后还来那么一句。。。
12#
发表于 2011-3-10 01:00:47 | 只看该作者
Finance @ MSU
Dear Applicant: (连名字都没有。。。我的申请费)

The Finance Department doctoral committee has met to review all applications to our program for study commencing in the Fall of 2011.  The pool of applicants this year was extremely strong.  Many applicants had very high tests scores and virtually perfect grades in doctoral coursework in math, engineering, statsistics, or economics. (这个太吓人了)Thus, we had to be extremely selective.  We have rejected many candidates who we would have admitted in the past and who undoubtedly would be able to complete the Ph.D. degree here if we had more space in our program. (真会说话) In light of this stiff competition, the committee has decided not to admit you to our program.  An official message or letter confirming this decision should be transmitted to you from the admissions office at a later date.  We appreciate your interest in us and sincerely hope that you can find another program that will meet your professional objectives.  Thank you for taking the time to apply to Michigan State. (他家的教授还是非常好,很有大家风范,每次发邮件打电话也都非常耐心)

Sincerely,

The Finance Doctoral Admissions Committee
13#
发表于 2011-3-10 08:09:24 | 只看该作者
UIUC (being hurt by the word "fortunate")

Dear *****:

The School has carefully reviewed your credentials and application for admission to our doctoral degree program.  We regret that we are unable to recommend to the Graduate College that you be admitted to the Ph.D. graduate program.  The School was fortunate to have a large number of well-qualified applicants and thus the competition for admission was quite keen.  Our graduate program is limited to a small number of individuals.  This enables faculty and staff to deliver quality education and service to our students.  Therefore, we are able to admit only a few of the many qualified students who apply for admission each year.

On behalf of the Ph.D. Advisory committee, we thank you for your interest in the School's doctoral degree program.  We wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.  

Sincerely,
14#
发表于 2011-3-10 08:21:32 | 只看该作者
I have 8 rejections now but I never continue to read after I found the word 'regret', 'unfortunately', 'however', 'unable' in the first or two sentences.
15#
发表于 2011-3-10 10:18:19 | 只看该作者
Dear XX:
(from Stanford: Nice letter indeed!)
Thank you for applying to the PhD Program in Marketingat the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.  Regrettably, we are unable to extend you an offer of admission for 2011-2012.
The admissions committee reviewed nearly 700 applications this year, many with flawless grade point averages, test scores in the high ninetieth percentiles, and the highest honors.  In addition to these quantitative measures we also take into account the varying circumstances of applicants as well as the letters of recommendation.  Most importantly, we evaluate the fit between the strengths and interests of our faculty with the strengths and interests of the applicants.  Because enrollment is limited, we are unable to admit all qualified applicants.
We are sorry we do not have better news for you; however we hope that you will have other good choices.  We appreciate your interest in our program, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
YY
-- by 会员 benxu (2011/3/9 17:21:02)

真NICE, 非常WEST-COAST
16#
发表于 2011-3-10 10:28:48 | 只看该作者
Columbia University的据信感觉很舒服,很诚恳,不生硬。
17#
发表于 2011-3-10 21:26:46 | 只看该作者
Dear Ms. Wang,

Thank you for applying for graduate studies at Virginia Tech. We very much appreciate your
interest in our advanced degree programs. Faculty members responsible for graduate education
have carefully reviewed all applications for admission for the upcoming academic year and have
thoroughly discussed each one. We have now reached a decision about your application. We are
sorry to inform you that we cannot offer you admission to Virginia Tech at this time. The main
reason for this decision is that the Business, Management Science program has already accepted the
maximum number of students its faculty can support.

We receive many applications for graduate study at Virginia Tech each year and unfortunately
are not able to admit all potential students. We understand you might be disappointed by this
decision, and wish you every success in your future pursuits.

Karen P. DePauw, Ph.D.
Vice President and Dean for Graduate Education
18#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-3-12 01:02:18 | 只看该作者
继续晒~

Dear XX,

Your application for admission to the University of Colorado at Boulder Ph.D. program in Business Administration has been carefully considered. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.

The size of our Ph.D. program restricts our ability to admit many capable individuals. Competition for admission is extremely intense and the Admission Committee's choices are very difficult.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Colorado at Boulder. We wish you every success in your academic career.

Sincerely,

YY
19#
发表于 2011-3-17 12:30:41 | 只看该作者
来贴一个极其没水平的

Hello,

I regret to inform you that the Tepper School of Business Admissions Committee is unable to admit you to the Ph.D. Program at the Tepper School of Business.  We admit only a very small number of students each year and the competition is always very strong.  This year we received over 1,000 applications and were only able to accept a small number of students across the various fields of study within the school.

I am certain that you will find a productive setting in which to continue your studies among the many other good graduate schools, and I wish you success in your subsequent professional career.  

我还回了一封:

"Hello,"?!

You don't even bother to type my name out? Comparing to the sincere and polite Columbia's rejection letter, CMU's really lacks the professionalism and sincerity.
Such a waste of the application efforts, and the application fee!
20#
发表于 2011-3-17 16:21:03 | 只看该作者
LS的,你还真较真啊,反正结果都一样,干嘛呢
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-7 15:29
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部