楼主: lanseb8ma
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[在读分享] 2007级CKGSB(长江商学院)MBA班级日志贴

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-11-20 16:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用lanseb8ma在2007-11-17 19:48:00的发言:

<2nd week> Presented by Michael Chen:

Some brothers once said that you can never over-praise the prof. of CK. It may appear a little bit exaggerated at the first glance, but now I realize it is true.

Prof. Cao was the genius of Juvenile Class in his college year, he got his finance PHD in YALE university combined with a PHD in biology. After that, he acted as professor of finance in many world famous universities.

It is generally thought that people with high IQ will have low EQ as a tradeoff, but the surprise I got from his answer to my question during his speech changed my impression. My question was how to transfer to a finance career successfully. He said the question was typical and he would respond in later public Q&A. While in the public Q&A, some other guys asked the same question as mine. After the Q&A session, I stepped out of the lecture Hall with the prof. and the prof. saw me, he asked me "so, are you satisfied with my answers?" Very surprised to me! The prof. can easily remember the name of the last one who ask question and can easily cite the guy's words!

Then I realized that prof. Cao is a man with independent thinking. When he answered each question, he always tried to be very innovative, unique and helpful. He also occupies the quality of intelligence, academic seriousness and sense of humor. Communication with him is really enjoyable.

?,??,???, do you really pay a compliment or humuliate a prof?

沙发
发表于 2007-11-27 15:55:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用IBanalyst在2007-11-27 12:14:00的发言:

I certainly understand your personl loyalty to the school you attend, I had just been seeing a scenario of Cultural Revolution style of propaganda. value add? value destroy.

anyway, i don't think anyone  will take your propaganda seriously, while career report and word of mouth from  close alumni will be taken serious. the best strategy to gain market reputation is to tell the truth even outsiders don't know yet. To this end, i really doubt your course quality, especially strategy and marketing, you really don't get the sense of that subject, maybe that is the reason why you guys cannot get your feet in Mckinsey.

one thing shared by all IBers and consultants is always get to the point, never waste your time in non-fact based things. if i come out with any trivial sentence in pitch book, the direct response is "nonsense, you get 2minutes left", so try hard to cool your mind and sharpen your knife, communication skill and presentation is more than speaking.

It is very likely that 2007 CK MBA students have not yet started Strategy and Marketing classes so far.

CK MBA candidates may try to prove something, but should not make believe, otherwise you may brag

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-21 14:41
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部