返回列表 发新帖
楼主: xixi2004
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] UT Austin 2009 Q&A (附最新就业统计数据)

[精华] [复制链接]
41#
发表于 2007-10-31 11:47:00 | 只看该作者

Dear Aleana,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Actually, decision to back to school is not easy to make especially for MBA programm. My division is full of veterans with decade-long experiences in this field,so promotion is can not be expected in short term. Absence of knowledge in relevant field now becomes a bottleneck for my progress. It should be noted that I ever had 1 year working experience in a domestic design company before graduate school and 1 year interesting experiences of part time job in Crazy English(Liyang) as a teacher, lecturer and marketing leader in whole china. I hope that McCombs could serve as a stepstone for my career and channel it into real estate investment area. BTW, I am close to 30, I am afraid that older age will shadow my application and following job hunting if I apply 1 year later.  If you can further advise me on points above, I will greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

PS. You can call me robert.^^

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-10-31 11:47:40编辑过]
42#
发表于 2007-10-31 13:00:00 | 只看该作者
Robert, I then encourage you go ahead apply. However, 1 year will not make such big differences in terms of job hunting. McCombs has very good real estate investment professors. The finance professor we have now has a lot of real estate investment experiences, he has own real estate consulting firm.  Good Luck!
43#
发表于 2007-11-1 00:51:00 | 只看该作者

Dear All:

I am a second year McCombs MBA. I am busy interviewing with companies and doing projects, so haven't got a chance to talk with you guys here.

I enjoy a lot here in McCombs and UT, plus Austin is great.

I will post some job information of second years here.

44#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-11-1 22:07:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用ohmygod在2007-10-31 6:52:00的发言:

请问楼主如果在美国拿到硕士学位再申请McCombs的MBA可不可以申请TOEFL waiver?

Thanks.

Can I waive the TOEFL?
The TOEFL is not required for U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents, and in the following circumstances for non-U.S. residents:

If the applicant’s native language is English. (English must be the only official language of the country of which the applicant is a citizen).

If the applicant has a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university from a country in which English is the only official language as well as the language of instruction.

In the above situations, the TOEFL is waived automatically - you do not need to request a waiver.

http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/admissions/adm/faq.asp#apptoefl

45#
发表于 2007-11-1 23:04:00 | 只看该作者
How is the job placement of 2007&2008 class? which companies are main recruiters of Chinese MBA students?
46#
发表于 2007-11-2 06:28:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks a lot,XiXi2004. Yeah, I noticed that from the website of McCombs. Meanwhile, I found another more detailed explanation in the common question as follows:

If neither of the above circumstances applies to your particular situation as an international applicant, then you are required to include a TOEFL score with your MBA application to be considered for admission. If you feel that you have exceptional English skills (you have studied or worked in English speaking countries), you may apply for a TOEFL waiver. To process the TOEFL waiver (unless it is an automatic case as listed above) we will need your GMAT score (with the breakdown of verbal and quantitative sections), a writing sample (an answer to one of our essay questions would be sufficient), and a written recommendation from a native English speaker who currently has or has had regular verbal interactions with you attesting to your English skills. Once we receive these items, we can consider your TOEFL wavier request.

That's why I'm a little bit confused. Looks like I can still get a try on it.

47#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-11-4 07:07:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用ohmygod在2007-11-2 6:28:00的发言:

Thanks a lot,XiXi2004. Yeah, I noticed that from the website of McCombs. Meanwhile, I found another more detailed explanation in the common question as follows:

If neither of the above circumstances applies to your particular situation as an international applicant, then you are required to include a TOEFL score with your MBA application to be considered for admission. If you feel that you have exceptional English skills (you have studied or worked in English speaking countries), you may apply for a TOEFL waiver. To process the TOEFL waiver (unless it is an automatic case as listed above) we will need your GMAT score (with the breakdown of verbal and quantitative sections), a writing sample (an answer to one of our essay questions would be sufficient), and a written recommendation from a native English speaker who currently has or has had regular verbal interactions with you attesting to your English skills. Once we receive these items, we can consider your TOEFL wavier request.

That's why I'm a little bit confused. Looks like I can still get a try on it.

你说的有疑惑的地方是什么?

48#
发表于 2007-11-4 13:23:00 | 只看该作者

If I apply for TOEFL waiver, what about if they think I still have to take TOEFL after their consideration?

In that case, even I take TOEFL, it will be too late to apply 2008 MBA, so I have to wait for another year to apply? That's what I really don't want.

49#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-11-6 07:35:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用ohmygod在2007-11-4 13:23:00的发言:

If I apply for TOEFL waiver, what about if they think I still have to take TOEFL after their consideration?

In that case, even I take TOEFL, it will be too late to apply 2008 MBA, so I have to wait for another year to apply? That's what I really don't want.

如果你手里铁证如山,应该不是什么问题吧。加油!

50#
发表于 2007-11-7 01:18:00 | 只看该作者
好贴,顶一下
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-12 02:43
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部