搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: free_rabbit
打印 上一主题 下一主题

3 offers for PhD in accounting

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2005-3-19 08:11:00 | 只看该作者
Yes, that is full-tuition waiver. You can have a great life with $1500/month in Dallas. Enjoy your study!
12#
发表于 2005-3-19 09:58:00 | 只看该作者
恭喜:)
13#
发表于 2005-3-19 21:28:00 | 只看该作者

恭喜楼主先!好羡慕你有这么多OFFER。

请问楼主什么时候拿到的HAWAII的OFFER?我申请了这个学校的FINANCE专业,可是一直没有结果,写信去了也没有人理,不知道是不是没戏了?但是即使拒我也应该说一声吧?楼主给点信息参考一下吧!多谢!

14#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-3-20 00:48:00 | 只看该作者

offer是有几个,不过不如人家一个牛校的。。不过,我的水平去这个级别的学校就挺合适了,我还是实在点。。

说到楼上的hawaii的offer,我是3个星期前电话面试,2个星期前点通知,一个星期前书面通知的。

他们有没有给你电话面试?你在国内还是在美国吗?我不知道金融怎么样,不过会计他们比较喜欢要已经在美国的学生,一来没有签证问题,二来英语也要好一些,方便帮他们干活。

如果你现在都还没有消息的话,并且如果你也有了电话面试了,那你可能在waiting list里面。Hawaii要求所有拿到offer的学生在3.18前必须要答复是否接受,信件摘录如下:

We are prepared to offer an 11 month graduate research assistantship
of 20 hours per week which will carry a full tuition waiver and other
benefits such as medical insurance and a stipend of at least $17,496
annually for the 2005-2006 academic period.  lease note that all
assistantships are offered on an annual basis and are renewable based
upon satisfactory performance in the program.  

We request that you respond to this offer and send us an email
acceptance prior to March 18, 2005 to remain eligible for the above
admission.  If we do not hear from you by March 18, 2005, we will
assume you have decided not to accept this admission, and your place
will be offered to another candidate.  

Congratulations on your offer and if you have any questions, please do
not hesitate to contact us at (808) 956-6723.

Sincerely,
The PhD Program in International Management

所以,如果你在waiting list 里面的话,这个星期就会有答复了。你可以主动打电话去问他们,有时候e-mail不太好沟通的。

15#
发表于 2005-3-20 01:57:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, 楼主,首先恭喜你.

你能告诉我一些UTD的情况吗?你是什么时候递的申请?有面试吗?他们要求你什么时候答复是否接受OFFER呢?

我也申请了这个学校.前天问学校,说我在WAITING LIST 里,月底等你们回复了再给我结果.

现在看来没戏了.

16#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-3-20 03:25:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, up,

I will accept the offer from UTD, though they need me to reply before Apr. 15, but I have replied them with "Accept".

I think UTD is pretty good school, though not very top. Its professors' backgrounds are very strong, as you know, if you applied it.

In fact my phone interview is not very long, about 30 minutes, the shortest of all phone interviews I had.

If you are in the waiting list, I am sure you are still have chances. I think, somebody may decline it, as I have declined two universities. So take it easy, I wish to work with you in near future

17#
发表于 2005-3-20 03:35:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks for your reply.

I think my chance is slim, since I have not been interviewed until now.

Anyway, congratulation on  your success.

18#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-3-20 03:54:00 | 只看该作者

hi, up, don't give up, girl, if you really want to pursue PhD.

I wonder whether you have got offer or not. If not, don't give up:-) If so, cong.. and wish to work with you in future career.

If you want to apply for next year, I suggest you to apply more schools in Texas. TX really has many good schools with good assistantship and decent placement. In fact the job Market of accounting Phd will last 10 year good situation.

Beside try UTD again, you can apply UTSA, which is a new and small program, the professors there are very nice and helpful to the students.

And then you can apply U of Northern Texas, I ever communicated with their professors for several times, and told them I would accept the offer from UTD. They can place the graduate to some research universities with Phd program. The salary is about 80-100k, not bad, though maybe a bit lower than UTD.

And I am sure UT Arlington will admit Phd in accounting in 2006 Fall. Its program is also small and neat.

Of course, no need for me to mention UT Austin and TAMU. I was ever in their waiting list, but was finally turned down one week ago. So I am pretty sure that as to my ability, UTD is the best preference.

In my memory, Rice U, SMU and U of Houston have no PhD program in accounting.

On the other hand, if you don't care much about the location, you can apply U of Hawaii at Manoa. It is also a reputated school and very nice to Chinese students. In fact, they prefer the students with academic and working background in China and Japan, because their program is focused on international accounting.

Though, I think, you are currently in USA, that is a great advantage for applying PhD in accounting. According to my observation, very few Chinese students can be admitted directly from China, without any background in USA, except the super top schools, such as MIT, Harvard, Yale and Wharton.

Good luck

19#
发表于 2005-3-20 07:46:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks, free_rabbit, for your sharing and encouragement.

I have to say you deserve the offer. You prepared better than I did. My application for PhD was a mistake. My application for UTD is  “dramatic”. I got to know UTD because my email to another school was transferred there by chance.  Now the “drama” ends and I realize that the incorrect evaluation for myself is the main reason for my failure. I think I won’t application for PhD in the following year. Maybe I will pursue a master degree instead. Are you currently in an MSA program? If so, it will be great for me to get some idea from you.

Thanks again.
20#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-3-20 07:51:00 | 只看该作者

hi, up,

I am in USA. you can add me to msn: z_weining(A) hotmail.com

I am pretty free these days, for the spring break is coming;

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-13 16:56
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部