返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 123321abc
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[学校信息] 揭秘里昂 EMLYON 2

[复制链接]
21#
 楼主| 发表于 2015-10-20 23:57:11 | 只看该作者
皮四殿 发表于 2015-10-20 17:02
非常感谢两位耐心的解答!我再详细介绍下自己的情况。我是211财经院校英语专业,课程有一些商科基本科目 ...

丹麦的话,哥本哈根商学院可以看看是否达到要求,意大利的博科尼大学(bocconi)据说是欧洲投行的target school。
关于cheesechan回复的第三点,我觉得熟练的法语对于法国是必须要求,但是德意志银行每年确实招了很多不会德语的中国人,但是具体做什么不敢确定,不过有一个我认识的人是在wealth management部门。而且,事实上,也有很多法国高商中国学生去德国实习甚至工作了,难道说这些人都会德语,我想不至于吧?但是,确实,想进IBD领域有些不现实。这个具体情况,你看cheesechan怎么回复你吧。
cheesechan回复的第九点,非常认同,我之所以在之前说,中国人应该不愿意学organzation, strategy之类的,就有部分原因是因为语言,文化背景的问题,很难很难进入咨询公司,甚至,我觉得对于数理占优的中国人,可能比进银行还难呢。
最后,就是希望你别被法国高商的marketing能力忽悠了,真的,别抱有太大的幻想,咨询投行这些,别说emlyon了,你看看帖子上,HEC,ESSEC的中国学生有几个最后成功转正了(法国大公司实习相对好找,签正式合同CDI非常难,很多中国学生实习三四年还是实习,这个跟法国的劳工法对员工的过度保护有关)。
P.S.看了cheesechan的回复,和他之前的帖子,我觉得他是个大神,应该懂很多,你多问问他吧,我就是一个被骗的学生,说明我也不是很懂,否则也不会被骗。我只是对emlyon应该更了解一下,比如师资,实习去向,生活,学位等。。
22#
发表于 2015-10-21 21:11:34 | 只看该作者

----------

cheesechan 发表于 2015-10-20 18:48
1. well........good luck to those with a English major........
I really cannot understand why 英语  ...

----------
23#
发表于 2015-10-21 21:14:45 | 只看该作者

----------

123321abc 发表于 2015-10-20 23:57
丹麦的话,哥本哈根商学院可以看看是否达到要求,意大利的博科尼大学(bocconi)据说是欧洲投行的target s ...

----------
24#
发表于 2015-10-21 21:34:48 | 只看该作者
皮四殿 发表于 2015-10-21 21:11
好吧那看来我只能去申德国的私立院校了。WHU限制专业,联系了一下EBS,觉得招生老师吹的有点夸张,真有那 ...

1. EBS ín Germany is of course not a famous school. At least after Mannheim, WHU or equivalent. Various problems recently, and I won't recommend it much too.
but well...........I don't think your background can be afforded to be too picky.

2. SSE MSc Business and Management don't require a bachelor in economics , business, but only social science. and indeed this is not a very strict requirement as they also state explicity that science and engineering student can be considered case by case too (I do know something with a sci/engine background in that program). I guess it still worth a

3. Bocconi? Yes for sure it is a target, but if you are going to Bocconi, why not just consider also HEC and etc directly together? France GE program have internship year even.

4. Indeed what I wanna say is.........if you have solid Deutsch, and can make into one of the top school in the region (e.g. HSG, Mannheim, WHU, some top public like LMU, HU Berlin and etc..., or some decent uni with good location like Goethe, maybe also Frankfrt School of Finance or Mgt; while most if not all of them require a related bachelor), then getting a corporate fina role within DE is still not out of reach.........but given your current profile, I think you should have a plan B and C..........

5. Given that you have an English major, I think it is more practical to aim at a management master than a finance one. Even though a MSF is not really that technical while compred to some others, they are still not a general major as MiM. I guess the MSF and MiM program offered by school in US/UK have a clear example of the requirement of "related" bachelor, and thus art major student fit MiM better than MSF a bit.

6. Given all these, I think it really worth for you to really consider netherlands........at least the local language requirement is lower than France and Germany. one year program, likely to be more flexible on "related" background, (heard to be) better visa policy to international student when compared with UK.....

25#
发表于 2015-10-21 21:48:04 | 只看该作者
123321abc 发表于 2015-10-20 23:57
丹麦的话,哥本哈根商学院可以看看是否达到要求,意大利的博科尼大学(bocconi)据说是欧洲投行的target s ...

1. there are some roles in Germany that don't require Deutsch as office language for sure; but not for corporate finance, like IBD I will say. Not likely to be most other core business also.
and that's true that the local language requirement is higher in France than in Germany. Without French in France, one will "die"; Without Deutsch in Germany, one can still "survive".
Indeed, the most simplest method to know how much the language is required there is:
just start job search online as if one is already there, and see how the job ad said. Language requirement is clearly stated.

2. compared to soft business (marketing, management, and indeed also corp fina and etc....), a hard major background in STEM (like math, stat, CS) are way more easier to find a job as an international student.
first, they all speak mathematics as the major language and thus language barrier is way lower, second, look at the policy, e.g. US STEM OPT extension, German Blue card requirement; Third, those roles are most likely non-client facing and thus culutre difference is a small concern.

3. Of course it is difficult to enter 咨询投行.......(put aside those with previous internship / rich dad & mom) things is like that: those in the target school will have a chances and a small portion of them will get into it; if one is not, well...there are lots of other career choice anyway. [of course here I mean the core / interesting position in consulting and banking, but not those pure supporting role (e.g. operation......)]

4. getting an internship is not really a big problem and is just a first step, getting a permanent role is the real issue. it is not only the case for international but also local student, and it Is where the term Generation Praktikum from....
26#
发表于 2023-3-25 20:31:23 | 只看该作者
真的有这么差吗?……  正准备提交申请emylon msc program 呢,虽然已经工作多年 但是也想2万多欧的学费花的值一些,开始纠结了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-3 14:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部