查看: 15281|回复: 26
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[原创]SDA Bocconi - Lively Experience

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-5-9 21:25:00 | 只看该作者

[原创]SDA Bocconi - Lively Experience

Ciao Tutti,

I would like to introduce you this school called SDA Bocconi in Milan.

i studied one year - 2005 there not for MBA but for a Master for luxury industry. Until now, I am still working in Italy.

Based on my experience, if you are interested in Luxury industry, Milano is the best place and this school is the top of the top. Even better than ESSEC MBA de Luxe. We had the joint course with ESSEC and I know what is their employment situation and how is course going... no comment.

At the beginning, I was aiming at an MBA in the US, but with a failed GMAT, I changed my idea and with my great personal statment and good capture of fashion, I got admitted like a snap and got also the scholarship from Italian Luxury Products Association.

It was really really hard at the beginning since i didn't speak any Italian. (for those who is not good at rapidly learning a language, italy may not be the right choice). However, my course is very international, 38 students from 26 nationalities. Very competitive environment - students with already a MBA from I.E. Spain, UC Berkerlly and Columbia University or like VP from JP Morgan,Finance controller for Metro. And a super rich/celebrity environment, grandson of Isetan group, daughter of STEFANEL group and granddaughter of Denghui LI from Taiwan... Anyhow, it was more than valuable. Bocconi university is the MOST famous/prestigious university in Italy. The course is fully packed with CEO, CFO, HR director, Communication Directors, etc from companies like Mazotto(Valentino), Gucci Group, Dolce & Gabbana, Zegna, Ferragamo, LVMH, Bulgari, L'Oreal, Diesel, GAP, etc. I am sooooooo satisfied and the things they taught are super practical. I am working for a french company as brand manager and I am using everyday what I learnt there.

Plus, they give you a particular oppotunity to actually work in a fashion/luxury company for 3 -4 months, such as Valentino, Bulgari, Ferragamo, TOD's, Ralph Laurent. And every case you used in the course is from Fashion company, eg. for accounting, we used examples from IT holding which is the mother company of GianFranco Ferre'. If you are a fashion victim or posh or a fashion lover or a luxury dreamer, this is it.

Last, the professors are all very kind and knowledgeable and famous. Only problem, they have strong accent.

Sorry, forgot, if you love design or other luxury products, this is also the place. Companies like Kartell, Driade, Alessi or B&B Italia and Ducati, Ferrari, Harley Davidson etcare also in our topics all the time.

Carreer, o, this is a pain. Not because of the career management but because of the Italian government. For extra-Europe Union countries citizen, it is very very difficult to get the working permit in Italy. Without it, you simply cannot work. I recommend all my chinese friends to take into account this serious issue.

But if you by luck got the permit, plus, you know the right person and you speak perfectly Italian, you can easily work for Fashion, Design or whatever. That is COOL.

If you pursue a career in Consulting or other direction, it is also fine. I personally got into 4th round with Bain & Co.

For me, my salary had increased tremendously after the Master. Only 2 months after graduation, I found the job. By the way, without even applying, companies like Zegna/Louis Vuitton China contacted me for interviews...

For your info, I was pushed to be a fluent italian speaker now. After half a year of stay in Italy, I already began to talk in Italian because one wants to survive, one had to talk in Italian. Luckily, I speak French, grammatically, they are very similar languages.

At the end, Italy is a unbelievablly beautiful country only when you are here you could see it. Milan is near to Liguria (Cote d'Azur), Toscana and Como. Long coast line, white sand and transparent blue sea... Sicily, Napoli or Roma, Firenze, history or nature, you may choose...During one month holiday in Summer, enjoy!

Ne vale la pena e vive esperienza. Saluti!

To those who want info for MBA ---- If I were you, I will go for the ones in the US. At least the ones in France. Not this one...

Ciao,

Doppia V

沙发
发表于 2007-5-9 21:37:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for the sharing the information. Good luck.
板凳
发表于 2007-5-10 03:37:00 | 只看该作者
thanks
地板
发表于 2007-5-10 13:04:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks for sharing your experience in Bocconi.

But could you explain why Bocconi's MBA is not good? As far as I know, its MBA is also No.1 in Italy and has high reputation in Europe. ActuallyI have applied for it, so could you tell me more details?

5#
发表于 2007-5-10 16:53:00 | 只看该作者
8错
6#
发表于 2007-5-13 13:22:00 | 只看该作者
Thanks for sharing, it's very helpful
7#
发表于 2007-5-16 16:06:00 | 只看该作者

Because MBA in SDA Bocconi is not that international. The most strong concentration will be marketing, but it will definitely conflict with the job arrangement for the Master of Luxury Brand Management. And I believe it will be much more difficult for more than 200 MBAs to find a good job than 38 masters in luxury brand management. Furthermore, luxury industry is a small segment in marketing. This segment is only fit for people who have experience in this industry before or at least know this industry. Otherwise,you may find yourself stuck in the middle. 

Personally I will support the idea that the younger students with less working experience should go for Master in detail major rather than study MBA blindly, no matter how high GMAT he or she got. Please, DO CONSIDER why you apply for MBA and whether SDA Bocconi or any other MBA will fit for your needs!!!!!!

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-5-18 0:31:44编辑过]
8#
发表于 2007-5-17 17:35:00 | 只看该作者

Thanks,really appreciate!

9#
发表于 2007-5-20 23:05:00 | 只看该作者
What's the criteria for the admission of this program? How about the candidates' background? Would you give some further information?
10#
发表于 2007-5-21 00:31:00 | 只看该作者
Can you help to provide the programe name?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-16 06:11
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部