查看: 24101|回复: 112
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Wharton Q&A

[精华]  关闭 [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2004-12-23 12:16:00 | 只看该作者

Wharton Q&A

Dear Friends,

We, a group of Chinese students at Wharton, would love to answer your questions with regards to your application, Wharton school, MBA life or any topic concerned. Please feel free to post your questions here. We will try our best to address them.

Good luck to you all!

沙发
发表于 2004-12-23 12:34:00 | 只看该作者

强贴留名留名

谢谢你们的分享~~~

板凳
发表于 2004-12-23 12:49:00 | 只看该作者
支持,顶!顶!顶!
地板
发表于 2004-12-23 12:51:00 | 只看该作者

First thank you very deeply!

I have graduated from a university ranked Top 30 in China.My major is electrical engineering,and I have got the first in my class(36 students including me),the second in my department(170 students).I was nominated as monitor at my junior and my GPA is above 3.40. Now I am working in a famous Chinese Architecture Design &Institute ranked Top 3 in China as an engineer.I plan to chase my MBA in 4 years.My question is: Will my background back me for MBA(Maybe Top 10 Business School) in the US?

Expect good news from kind you!

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-12-23 13:03:00 | 只看该作者

Thank you very much for your question. First of all, you have an excellent backgroud, which gives you a firm foundation for future application. Second, what B-schools are looking for is well-roundedness. Education background is one thing, and standard tests such as GMAT and TOFEL iare another. Yet most of important of all, your work experience will have a heavy weight. Adcom will pay special attention to such aspects as whether you have any leadership or leadership potential, whether you are a good team player, whether you have any impact on the organization, whether you care about the community and so on, all of which goes beyond the numbers in your tests or transcripts. Since you still have four years to go, better plan your career, and dig deep in yourself and see who you really are and what you really want.

Again, good luck in your future application.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6#
发表于 2004-12-23 13:18:00 | 只看该作者

Hi Alice,

Thank you for taking the initiative. I'm really interested in the learning style in Wharton. Would you please describe the most impressive acadamic experience to you in Wharton?

Happy holidays!

7#
发表于 2004-12-23 14:34:00 | 只看该作者

Merry Christmas! and quesions

1. Does Wharton have 1-page limit on resume?

2. We all know wharton cherish the teamwork spirit. Can you show us some example in daily life?

Thanks a lot.

Wish you a success in Wharton.

8#
发表于 2004-12-23 15:05:00 | 只看该作者
Hi Alice.  Thanks for offering us this opportunity.

A representative from Wharton told me that Entrepreneur Management isone of the strengths of Wharton.  Do you have any first handexprience to share?

Thanks again!

Sam
9#
发表于 2004-12-23 15:56:00 | 只看该作者

HI, suncola;

about the question you asked about the limit of your resume: I think the format will only help the resume stand out but does not necessarily help you win. so long as you show your shining points to the adcom, that's enough.

the team here is totally different with what i had thought when i was still in China. i think the point of the learning team is both to give you an opportunity to try different ways to persuade, to contribute, to find the way that fit you best in a team environment and to give student the information resource of different industry. other five member of my learning team here in wharton are from advertisement, private equity, IBD and consulting. the process we complete the team project is quite interesting, since you can have a direct contact with the ways that how people solve the problem in different industry.

10#
发表于 2004-12-23 16:05:00 | 只看该作者

您好,Xiaoy791:

从您的帖子中看的出您有一些疑惑,从您的背景来看挺好啊!TOP类的词可以用在resume 中,而基于个人的申请经验,我建议您在essay中多花些功夫陈述school fit and your personal progress,任何一件细小的事情用不同的方法陈述回收到不同的效果。文章写的好就可以了吧!

top 10 也就这么回事,不用担心,抓紧时间赶第二批录取吧,good luck!

HAHAHAHA, just finish the finals. i am sooooooooooooooo happy!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-9 20:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部