搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: aliceking
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Wharton Q&A

[精华]  关闭 [复制链接]
51#
发表于 2005-1-17 11:51:00 | 只看该作者

Dear aliceking, Thank you so much for posting!

I am planning to make a campus visit around the schools I like most in the States this year, if possible, I would like to have an interview at the same period of time.

would you please give kind advice which time would be most suitable to Wharton?

52#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-19 11:07:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, Euphony,

Thanks for the message. Welcome to Wharton! As for the interview date, I would suggest that you contact the admission office and see their availability.  As for the campus visit, Wharton is holding a Winter Welcome Reception. You are warmly welcome. The info is as follows. It is pretty cold here. Stay warm!!

The 2nd Annual Wharton Winter Welcome is scheduled for Feb. 9 to 11, 2005. It is a three-day event for students admitted in Round 1 designed to give prospective students an insider’s view of life at Wharton. The adcom have planned an exciting array of academic, social and extracurricular events to provide our future classmates with an incredible experience.

53#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-19 11:20:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, aangusi,

Thank you for your message and apologize for the late reply. As Rio mentioned, we are not very familiar with the program. It is not until today that I came across it and realized that this it not a program, but a major.

In the first year, we must take core courses in business and management and it is in the sencond year that we are going to choose majors, of which is Environmental and Risk Management. In this major, students are expected to study environmental management, such as Substainability and Value Creation, Law and Policy and risk management such as Cost-benifit analysis, and Risk and Crisis Management.

Don't underestimate yourself, for everybody has his/her own shining points. It is your own efforts to explore those shining points and present/share with others.

Good luck with your GMAT and your future application. Feel free to post any questions here. We are happy to answer them.

Cheers,

54#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-19 11:26:00 | 只看该作者

Hi, Nkjss,

We have an insurance and risk management major, which covers insurance and risk management and actuarial science. You may choose a variaty courses in these two disciplines, such as employee benefit plan and design and financing, business insurance and estate planning, mathematical foundations of actuarial science, interest theory, economics and finance and so on.

Sorry we are not experts in this area, so we are not sure whether you should take these courses or not. But you may visit Wharton's website for further details. Plus, we have a wide range of majors besides this one.

Cheers,

55#
发表于 2005-1-19 14:28:00 | 只看该作者

Thank you very much indeed aliceking!

I am planning to go the latter half of 2005, will pay attention to the campus events closely due to your kind suggestion.

Take care.

56#
发表于 2005-1-21 23:57:00 | 只看该作者
i am average student guaduated from a normal university in China, now i am working in Ernst&Young as an auditor. Wharton is my dream, but i am lack of splendent background, i wonder how can i offset such disadvantages. except for MBA, is there any other two-year Master mayor available? i wanna further my edu, in finance setor, would you please give some advice? your reply will be deeply appreciated!
57#
发表于 2005-1-24 15:00:00 | 只看该作者

Dear aliceking,

I have submitted my paper application before round 2 deadline.

However,

Up to now, I have not received any information about my application. Since I submitted paper application, I cannot check my application status by online.

The Wharton application guideline tells that Online Status and Decision Check Service is available to all candidates. Could you tell me what I should do and how I can know my application status in time?

I have contacted to Adcom, but there is only an auto reply.  I am anxious for your suggestion. your reply will be deeply appreciated!

58#
发表于 2005-1-24 22:14:00 | 只看该作者
信用卡划帐了吗??
59#
发表于 2005-1-25 15:00:00 | 只看该作者

Dear Alice and Rio,

Thanks for spending your time and effort to answer our questions.   Your advice and help are very important to us.   

It is now the interview period for R2 and some of the applicants already received interview invitations.   Could you please give us some advice or tips regarding the coming interviews, such as:

Does the On-campus interview usually have more advantages than the alumni interview?  (Someone told me before that on-campus interview would show your strong commitment to the School.  Furthermore, sometimes alumni interview might be affected more or less by the interviewer’s personal preference.)   What do you think of those opinions?  

How about the hub-interview compared with the other two?

What are the must do(s) and mustn’t do(s) during a Wharton's interview?

What kind of student can best fit in Wharton's MBA program?

Any more tips regarding interview?

Finally, what do you think is the uniqueness of Wharton’s MBA program?

Thanks so much!

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-1-25 21:00:21编辑过]
60#
发表于 2005-1-26 03:55:00 | 只看该作者

to whymba777

Thanks for your question. i would say the campus interview would definitely has somewhat advantage compared to others coz you do demonstrate your committement, and interest at least. but in most case it is hard to do for mainland applicants.

my takeway on interview (i interviewed with alumnus) is to be passionate, be mature, be confident, and be professional. just chat like meeting with a old friend long time no see. be positive always and smile. maybe you are a cool girl or guy in life, but don't be yourself at this time coz it is appreciated during the interview. Pretend to be that if you are not, but be sure to be natural. 30 minutes are not too long, right?

i have no experience with hub interview, but i guess you should demonstrate your leadership and teamwork other than the points i mentioned above.

Hopeful it is useful and best lucks,

Rio

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-20 19:24
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部