返回列表 发新帖
楼主: DanielleZ
打印 上一主题 下一主题

小丹尼作文练习贴,欢迎各位拍砖~~

[复制链接]
61#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-9 00:56:52 | 只看该作者
7.8 TPO 23
The reading passage and thelecturer discussed about the reasons why the population of yellow cedardeclined significantly. The reading material asserted three hypotheses toexplain this decline, but the professor thought none of these hypotheses are adequateand he raised several points to refute the idea of passage.

First of all, the professorargued that the healthy yellow cedar is much more resistance to the cedar barkbeetle than many other trees. because barks of the yellow cedars contained onekind of powerful chemical, which was poison to the beetles. The yellow cedarswhich were attacked by bark beetles are more likely to be dying and sick trees.This was where the speaker disagreed with the writer.

Moreover, according to theprofessor the brow bear would not cause the decline of yellow cedars. Yellowcedars are growing both on the main land and the island of the North America,and they decreased all over the northwestern North America.But the brow bears did not live on the island. So as a result, the declinewould occur no matter with or without the appearance of brow bears. This wasanother part where experience contradicted theory.

The final evidencethe speaker adopted to jeopardize the passage is that the effect of frozentemperate would not lead to the decline of the yellow cedars. The professorclaimed that the actual phenomenon of the yellow cedar’s decreasing was totallydifferent from the idea of the passage. Actually, more trees were dying on thelower elevation than the trees lived on higher elevation. If lower temperaturedamaged the roots of the yellow cedars, they would decline more in the colderareas, which usually located in high elevation. So the sensitive of roots tocolder temperature could not be the reason of yellow cedars declining. This wasentirely opposed to the professor's standpoint.
62#
发表于 2012-7-9 14:35:17 | 只看该作者
丹尼,我综合和独立都已经写好啦,等你批改哦
63#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-9 18:11:30 | 只看该作者
7.8 One of your classmates needs help with someschoolwork. Which solution would you recommend your classmate should do to askyou for help or to find a professional tutor for help?

Haveyou ever faced some difficulties when doing schoolwork? How would you solvethese problems, asking one of you classmates or getting solutions by your own?If one of your friends needs some help with some schoolwork, will you offerhelp to your friend? When it comes to the question whether should people assisttheir classmates to get through problems of schoolwork or recommend aprofessional tutor for help, people usually held different opinions. From mystandpoint, I would recommend a professional tutor to my classmate, because itwould be more efficiently and productively.

Atthe very beginning, the guidance from a professor tutor is more efficiently. Becausethe professional tutors may have met the same question thousands and thousandstimes, they would have the answer in short time, even at the first glance atthe question. It is more time saving that my classmate asks help from tutors.Once my classmate asked a very tough question about geometric. I had spentabout three hours to figure out that question, and my classmate had to wait forthree hours to get the answer. But the situation was totally different when Iasked the same question to my geometric tutor, she told me the answer and therelative regulates at the time when she looked at the first line of the question.Less than one minute had she got the answer. So that, with adequate experiencesof the certain field, professional tutor would solve problems more efficiently.

Moreover,some times professional tutor could not only teach students the answers ofdifferent questions, but also provide the proper learning skills of thosesubjects. It is universally acknowledged that a professional tutor must haveencountered variety kinds of students. From those experiences they couldsummary some typical and general weaknesses of the students who have problemsabout schoolwork and help those to strengthen those weaknesses. Let us take myyounger brother as an example; he is very clever and studying in high school. Hisperformance of the mathematics used to leave much to be desired; even he hadspared no effort to learn it. His mother hired a professional tutor to give ahand of his math. With two months learning with this tutor, my brother got avery excellent grade on math mid term exam. He said that thanks to the guidancefrom the tutor, he had already learned extremely large number of useful skillsto solve mathematics’ problems. These skills have corrected some inappropriatebehaviors when he learn math. My brother’s case is not rare; a survey onimpacts of professional tutor has indicated that more than half students havedeveloped correct study behaviors from tutors.

Admittedly,assisting my classmate to solve problem would help both my classmate and I tograsp the relevant knowledge better. From discussion and exchanging opinions,we could understand the problems better and develop the interpersonal andcommunicating skills, which are quite essential for our future academic studyand career. But schools also provide different ways to students to practiceinterpersonal and communication skills, discussions about schoolwork may seemto be unnecessary.

Fromwhat we have been discussed above, we could safely draw conclusion that recommendinga professional tutor would be a better choice because tutors are not only moreefficient but could tell the correct learning methods.  
64#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-9 20:12:39 | 只看该作者
7.9 TPO 24

Thereading passage and the professor discussed about the evidences of the tissues foundin 70-million-year-old fossil of Tyrannosaurus rex. The passage asserted threemain evidences about the tissue in the fossils; however the professor thoughtall of these evidences are skeptical, and he raised several points to refutethe idea of the passage.

Firstof all, the professor argued that the soft substance found in the fossilizedleg bone were not necessary remain of the vessels. Those soft substances wouldbe something else, like bacterial. The professor explained that the bacterialwould grow in the hollows of bones after T. rex died and would leave organicmaterial in the hollows. These organic materials were easily considered to bethe trace as vessel. This was where speaker did not agree with the passage.
Moreover,according to the professor, the iron-a-material would not be the red bloodcells of the T.rex. The professor claimed that the spheres also were found inother animals’ fossils, even in some animals that did not contain any bloodcells. It is absolute that the animal which did not contain any blood cellswould not contain any blood cells in their fossils. As a result, the ironspheres might probably come from other animals. This was another part whereexperience the contradicted theory.

Thefinal evidence adopted by lecturer to jeopardize passage is that the collagencould not maintain 70-million years. The collagen could never be older than100,000 years from the idea of the time of collagen lasting. 70-million yearswas too long to be possible. The professor said that the collagen detected fromthe fossils may come from other recent resources. He pointed out it may comefrom the hand of the researchers who hold the bones. This was entirely opposedto the passage’s viewpoint.
65#
发表于 2012-7-10 02:37:56 | 只看该作者
独立 7.8
Have you ever faced some difficulties when doing schoolwork? How would you solve these problems, asking one of you classmates or getting solutions by your own? If one of your friends needs some help with some schoolwork, will you offer help to your friend? When it comes to the question whether should people assist their classmates to get through problems of schoolwork or recommend a professional tutor for help, people usually held different opinions. From my stand point, I would recommend a professional tutor to my classmate, because it would be more efficiently and productively.

开头的模板用得不错,赞一个。

At the very beginning, 建议更改为to begin with,貌似at the very beginning是刚开始的意思the guidance from a professorprofessional tutor is more efficiently. Because the professional tutors may have met the same question thousands and thousands times, they would have the answer in short time, even at the first glance at the question. It is more time saving that my classmate asks help from tutors建议更改为it will save lots of time for me classmates to ask help from tutors. Once my classmate asked a very tough question about geometric. I had spent about three hours to figure out that question, and my classmate had to wait for three hours to get the answer.感觉句子有点简单,可以用连词not until But the situation was totally different when I asked the same question to my geometric tutor, she told me the answer and the relative regulates at the time when感觉when at the same time重复了 she looked at the first line of the question. Less than one minute had she got the answer. So that这个用法好像木有见过啊, with adequate experiences of the certain field, professional tutor would solve problems more efficiently.

Moreover, sometimes professional tutor could not only teach students the answers of different questions, but also provide the proper learning skills of those subjects. It is universally acknowledged that a professional tutor must have encountered variety kinds of students. From those experiences they could summary some typical and general weaknesses of the students who have problems about schoolwork and help those to strengthen those weaknesses.(感觉太多those了,可以用定语从句,或者同位语从句修饰) Let us take my younger brother as an example; he is very clever and studying in high school. His performance of the mathematics used to leave much to be desired(木有看懂了,可能是偶寡闻了); even he had spared no effort to learn it. His mother hired a professional tutor to give a hand of his math. Withwithin two months learning with this tutor, my brother got a very excellent grade on math mid- term exam. He said that thanks to the guidance from the tutor, he had already learned extremely large number of useful skills to solve mathematics’ problems.Under the guidance of the tutor, my younger brother has master different methods and skills to solve mathematics’ problems, and he can apply these skills freely in the math test. These skills have corrected some inappropriate behaviors when he learn math. My brother’s case is not rare; a survey on impacts of professional tutor has indicated that more than half students have developed correct study behaviors from tutors.

Admittedly, assisting my classmate to solve problem would help both my classmate and I to grasp the relevant knowledge better. FromThrough discussion and exchanging opinions, we could understand the problems better and develop the interpersonal and communicating skills, which are quite essential for our future academic study and career. But schools also provide different ways to students to practice interpersonal and communication skills, discussions about schoolwork may seem to be unnecessary.

From what we have been discussed above, we could safely draw conclusion that recommending a professional tutor would be a better choice because tutors are not only more efficient but could tell the correct learning methods.  
篇幅够长,文章饱满。 如果能够把例子中的简单句改为复杂句子,就会更好。
66#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-10 17:38:41 | 只看该作者
7.9 Doyou agree with the viewpoint that the most important investment of a company isto improve the skills of its employees.

Have you ever worked with a highefficient group? Have you ever worked in a high equipped office? What aspectsdo you regard as the most important investment of a company, the projects ofthe company, the instruments of office, or the quality of the employees? Whenit comes to the question whether improving the skills of its employees is themost important investment for a company, people usually hold differentopinions. From my standpoint, I believed that enhancing the skills of theemployees is the most crucial part for a company to invest.

To begin with, more skillful employeeswould provide the company more benefit. It is universally acknowledged that thequality of the employees stands for the quality of this company. Working withthe more skillful and professional employees, the costumers of this companywill feel more confident and willing to cooperate to this company. As theresult, the more costumers are appealed to work with this cooperate, the moreprofit this company will have. From my own experience, I had worked in amedical company, and my most important costumers are doctors in the hospitals. Inorder to help us be familiar with the products more quickly, the company hadpaid much money and time on training. Consequently, one month later, we coulddiscuss the professional questions with doctors, and show the best characteristicsof our products to our costumers. Thanks to the well understanding of ourproducts, more and more doctors are cline to use our products. At the sametime, my company has gain more profit. My case is not rare, more and morecompanies have benefit from training to employees.

Moreover, getting more training aboutskills will strengthen employees’ loyalty to this company. From different typesof trainings, employees would feel they are of much care from the company, sothat they would not be willing to change a job easily. It is conceivable that companieswould also receive huge beneficial, if they do not have to pay much attentionand money to hire more new people. A survey from a global Human Resourceservice company indicated that the company whose employees receive lesstraining would be more probable to quit the job. And the general management feespending to recruiting new employees will be double than the company whoprovide variety trainings. So from this survey, we can easily find out thatwhat an extremely important role of providing trainings to employees to acompany.

Admittedly, improving the skills of theemployees is not the only thing that the company has to invest. Some otherfactors are also of the great importance to the company, such as computers, the speed of theinternet, and the systems used in working. These instruments are very vital tohelp employees work efficiently. If the basic devices of the company leave muchto be desired, the company performance would also be negatively influenced. Themore time that employees spend on waiting for computer getting ready,downloading documents from internet, the less time they will spend to work. Sothat, the company’s profit would inevitable be reduced.

Fromwhat we have been discussed above, we could safely draw conclusion thatimproving the skills of the employees would be the most important investmentfor the company, because it could bring more benefit to this company. It isapparent that the company, who blind to this point, would pay much.
67#
发表于 2012-7-10 18:53:47 | 只看该作者
Have you ever worked with a highefficient group? Have you ever worked in a high equipped office? What aspectsdo you regard as the most important investment of a company, the projects of the company, the instruments(equiptment) of office, or the quality of the employees? Whenit comes to the question whether improving the skills of its employees is themost important investment for a company, people usually hold differentopinions. From my standpoint, I believed that enhancing the skills of theemployees is the most crucial part for a company to invest.

To begin with, more skillful employeeswould provide the company more benefit. It is universally acknowledged that thequality of the employees stands for the quality of this company. Working with(这句话的主语是costomers 我觉得改为served by更好一点)the more skillful and professional employees, the costumers of this companywill feel more confident and willing to cooperate to this company. As the(a)result, the more costumers are appealed to work with this cooperate, the moreprofit this company will have. From my own experience, I had worked in amedical company, and my most important costumers are doctors in the hospitals. Inorder to help us be familiar with the products more quickly, the company hadpaid much money and time on training. Consequently, one month later, we coulddiscuss the professional questions with doctors, and show the best characteristicsof our products to our costumers. Thanks to the well understanding of ourproducts, more and more doctors are clined to use our products. At the sametime, my company has gain more profits. My case is not rare, more and morecompanies have benefited from training to employees.

Moreover, getting more training aboutskills will strengthen employees’ loyalty to this company. From different typesof trainings, employees would feel they are of much care from the company, sothat they would not be willing to change a job easily. It is conceivable that companieswould also receive huge beneficial benefits, if they do not have to pay much attentionand money to hire more new people(it is 引导的句子一般后面不用从句 因为会造成后面从句的指代不清). A survey from a global Human Resourceservice company indicated(后面都用的一般时 改成 indicates吧。。。) that the company whose employees receive lesstraining would be more probable to quit the job. And the general management feespending to recruiting(spend in doing。。。) new employees will be double than the company whoprovide variety trainings(double sth 动词用在比较级 其次后面跟的是比较对象 that +句子吧。。). So from this survey, we can easily find out thatwhat an extremely important role of providing trainings to employees to acompany(从句+感叹句 感觉没讲过这么用的呢~是不是可以简化点~).

Admittedly, improving the skills of theemployees is not the only thing that the company has to invest. Some otherfactors are also of the great importance to the company, such as computers, the speed of theinternet, and the systems used in working. These instruments are very vital tohelp employees work efficiently. If the basic devices of the company leave muchto be desired, the company‘s performance would also be negatively influenced. Themore time that employees spend on waiting for computer getting ready,downloading documents from internet, the less time they will spend to work. Sothat, the company’s profit would inevitable be reduced.
全文用了3 4句 the。。。er the。。er啊、、、、
Fromwhat we have been discussed above, we could safely draw conclusion thatimproving the skills of the employees would be the most important investmentfor the company, because it could bring more benefits to this(the) company. It isapparent that the company, who blind to this point, would pay much(heavy price.
68#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-10 19:03:21 | 只看该作者
7.10 TPO1
The reading passage and the lecture discussedabout the impact of reducing employee's working day into four days. The readingpassage asserted that the four-day work policy would benefit to the company,employees and the economy. The professor in the lecture thought that the policywould not have good influence, and he raised several points to refute the ideaof the passage.

First of all, the professor claimed thatshortened workweek would probable force companies spend much more than a five-dayworkweek. The lecturer explained that hiring more employees meant that thecompanies had to spend more on training and medical benefit. The companieswould pay the same amount of money to the health benefit of one employee nomatter s/he work five days or four days. Hiring more employees means morehealth benefits. Moreover, the companies had to offer more space and computersfor more employees. This would definitely cut into companies’ profit. This wasthe where speaker disagreed with the passage.

Moreover, according to the professor, therewould not be more jobs available for people. As he had discussed previously,more jobs always meant to higher cost, so the companies would probably asktheir employees to work over time. And the company would raise expectation toemployees to finish the same amount of tasks which they spend five days tofinish. As the result, no jobs would be available, even jobs would become less pleasant.This was another part experience the contradicted theory.

The final point adopted by speaker to jeopardizethe idea of the passage is that shortened workweek would present risk toemployees. And it would decrease the career opportunities for the employees whowork four days. The company would prefer to grant the promotion to those employeeswho work five days; because companies believed that working five days wouldensure employees to take charge of the business of the whole week. This wasentirely opposed to the idea of the passage.

69#
发表于 2012-7-11 11:12:51 | 只看该作者
7.10 TPO1        批改
The reading passage and the lecture discussedabout the impact of reducing employee's working day into four days. The readingpassage asserted that the four-day work policy would benefit to the company,employees and the economy. The professor in the lecture thought that the policywould not have good influence, and he raised several points to refute the ideaof the passage.

First of all, the professor claimed thatshortened workweek would probable force companies spend much more than a five-dayworkweek does. The lecturer explained that hiring more employees meant that thecompanies had to spend more on training and medical benefit. The companieswould pay the same amount of money to the health benefit of one employee nomatter s/he work five days or four days. Hiring more employees means morehealth benefits. Moreover, the companies had to offer more space and computersfor more employees. This would definitely cut into companies’ profit. This wasthe where speaker disagreed with the passage.

Moreover, according to the professor, therewould not be more jobs available for people. As he had discussed previously,more jobs always meant to higher cost, so the companies would probably asktheir employees to work over time. And the company would raise expectation toemployees to finish the same amount of tasks which they spend five days tofinish. As the result, no jobs would be available, even jobs would become less pleasant.This was another part experience the contradicted theory.

The final point adopted by speaker to jeopardizethe idea of the passage is that shortened workweek would present risk toemployees. And it would decrease the career opportunities for the employees whowork four days. The company would prefer to grant the promotion to those employeeswho work five days; because companies believed that working five days wouldensure employees to take charge of the business of the whole week. This wasentirely opposed to the idea of the passage.

听的蛮全的
70#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-7-11 17:01:00 | 只看该作者
7.11 TPO2

The readingpassage and the lecture discussed about the impact of the team working. Thereading passage asserted that the group working was the best way to approachcertain new projects. While, the professor did not agree with the passage, andhe raised several points to refute the idea of the reading passage.

First of all,the professor claimed that from a research of a company, many of the members inthe teams are free riders. It means that they were not involved in the projectat all. The person who really works hard in the team received less beneficial,because if the project went on well, people would recognize the contribution tothe whole team, no name was named when rewarding. On the other side, if theproject failed, people would blame all members. This was where the speakerdisagreed with passage.

Moreover,according to the professor, the team would not work more quickly. Because thewhole team needs a long time to reach concession. They had to spend much timeon meeting, discussing until they got the conclusion. This was another partwhere experience contradicted theory.

The finalevidence the speaker adopted to jeopardize the idea of the passage is that theideas from team working would not be creative, and the team members would notfeel "shine" during working. The professor explained that there areone or two influential people in the team. Most of the members would follow theopinions of the influential people directly instead of further discussion. Ifthe influential people believed one solution might not work, all the restmembers would give up this solution, even this solution was very creative. Atthe same time, if influential people considered one idea of highly creative,the whole team would follow this idea. They would even ignore the warning ofother people. This was entirely opposed to the idea of the passage.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-11 02:07
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部