搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 26742|回复: 52

[校友答疑] Georgetown MBA student taking questions

[精华] [复制链接]
发表于 2009-10-6 11:29:00 | 显示全部楼层

Georgetown MBA student taking questions

Hi all,

As a second-year MBA student at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, I would like to provide you an overview of our Full-time program and answer any questions you might have about the program from a student perspective.

Founded in 1789, Georgetown University has a deep-rooted Catholic and Jesuit tradition and enjoyed high prestige both domestically and internationally. The Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business has emerged as a top-notched institution for business and management education.

With an emphasis in global business, the full-time MBA program offers rigorous teaching and training in general management and leadership delivered by experienced and committed faculty. The integration of academic courses and the residency programs provides the students opportunities to experiment and exercise the learning.

This fall, we began the new school year in our new home, the state-of-art Rafik B. Hariri Building. Not only the new facilities complement our learning, the building brings together the entire community under the same roof.  It quickly becomes the venue for a series of lectures and conferences with leading political and business figures. 

A Chinese student myself, I understand your constraints in visiting the school physically. I, therefore, would like to take your questions about our curriculum, student life, career management, etc. You may post your questions here or send me a message.

Many of you are probably preparing for the test or working on the essays.  I wish you all the best! Meanwhile, I encourage you start your application early. The online application to our program is now available on the school website. Below are the deadlines for those of you applying for Class 2012:

Round 1: November 1, 2009
Round 2: January 2, 2010
Round 3: March 20, 2010

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Sincerely,
Lin Qing
Candidate of MBA, Class of 2010
The Georgetown MBA Program at the McDonough School of Business

发表于 2009-10-6 11:51:00 | 显示全部楼层
Hi,thank you so much Qing.
I'm preparing for the first round application now~
Really appreciate your willingness to share.
Could you talk sth about the prospective of intership or job-seeking this year? 3X

[此贴子已经被作者于2009/10/6 14:24:55编辑过]
发表于 2009-10-6 13:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
Normally, how many Chinese students will be admitted? 
发表于 2009-10-6 14:06:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用georgelhb在2009/10/6 13:15:00的发言:
Normally, how many Chinese students will be admitted
11 in 2009, 6 (or 7) are from mainland.
发表于 2009-10-7 10:15:00 | 显示全部楼层

11? It is really nice considering the program size.

Could you please share some profile of the students in McDonough, thanks.

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-7 10:21:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用yyangao在2009/10/6 11:51:00的发言:
Hi,thank you so much Qing.
I'm preparing for the first round application now~
Really appreciate your willingness to share.
Could you talk sth about the prospective of intership or job-seeking this year? 3X

The situation this year is certainly challenging. As of end of end September, the placement of Full-time (Class'09) and internshi (Class '10) is 83% and 92% respectively. Speaking about the students from mainland, three out of five did their internship back in China, one in DC and one did not do internship due to family reason.

I believe the challenge is across the board among business school especially for international students. Students, especially career switchers, certainly need to remain flexible and prepare Plan B or even Plan C in their search. Having said that, there are still opportunities out there. We certainly remain positive for our career prospect next year.

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-7 10:30:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用StuntGp在2009/10/7 10:15:00的发言:

11? It is really nice considering the program size.

Could you please share some profile of the students in McDonough, thanks.

The number of students from Chinese mainland (excluding green card holders/permanent residents status)

class '09     approx. 6

class '10     5

class '11     9

Are you asking about the profile of the Chinese students? It is a bit difficult to summarize for the entire group. We have mostly even number of male and female. Most students are about 27 - 30. The working experience ranges from 3 to more than 10 years. Students come from a variety of backgrounds, from non-traditional ones such as education, government to typical ones like consulting and investment. The career focus is also quite diverse. 

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

发表于 2009-10-7 10:31:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot.
I agree that the situation seems the same across the country.
Good luck to you all:)
发表于 2009-10-7 15:56:00 | 显示全部楼层

With an emphasis in global business -- 能具体 elaborate一下么?

中国同学都有奖学金么?

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-7 22:33:00 | 显示全部楼层

以下是引用echo_me在2009/10/7 15:56:00的发言:

With an emphasis in global business -- 能具体 elaborate一下么?

中国同学都有奖学金么?

Georgetown MBA's global mindset is demonstrated throught the following aspects

• Diverse student body with international experience: a majority of students have experience living abroad and work in international environment. A high percentage of students are proficient in two or more languages.
  • International component in coursework: A large amount of cases used in the class are related to international companies or business. Most of the faculty members have relevant international experience. In addition, students can take the program of international business diploma, which is a joint program with School of Foreign Services at Georgetown.
  • Global residency: Students travel to international locations to do consulting work for clients. For Class '10, we are given the choice of Prague, Johannesburg, Ho Chi Min city, Shanghai and Sao Paolo.
  • Washington, D.C.: Located in DC, we have access to many international organizations, incl. World Bank, IFC. We are also able to meet many global leaders.

Many of the Chinese students in Class '09 received scholarship. For Class '10, none of us had scholarship upon joining the program but three of us received the second-year scholarship this summer. So far as I know, one Chinese student received partial scholarship in Class '11.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:48
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部