ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

If the proposed expenditures for gathering information abroad are reduced even further, international news reports have been and will continue to diminish in number and quality.

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 3184|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

时态问题:if x happens, y happens 还是 y will happen?

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2005-1-24 12:54:00 | 只看该作者

时态问题:if x happens, y happens 还是 y will happen?

In OG 75, ETS explains the rule of "if x happens, y will happen". but why in OG 46, the tense is "if x happens, y happens"? is there any reason that in these two situations, the tense should be different? please see the two questions below:

46.    A study commissioned by the Department of Agriculture showed that if calves exercise and associated with other calves, they will require less medication and gain weight quicker than do those raised in confinement.

(A) associated with other calves, they will require less medication and gain weight quicker than do

(B) associated with other calves, they require less medication and gain weight quicker than

(C) associate with other calves, they required less medication and will gain weight quicker than do

(D) associate with other calves, they have required less medication and will gain weight more quickly than doE

(E) associate with other calves, they require less medication and gain weight more quickly than

75.    If the proposed expenditures for gathering information abroad are reduced even further, international news reports have been and will continue to diminish in number and quality.

(A) have been and will continue to diminish

(B) have and will continue to diminish

(C) will continue to diminish, as they already did,

(D) will continue to diminish, as they have already,E

(E) will continue to diminish

推荐
发表于 2005-1-25 14:57:00 | 只看该作者

46.    A study commissioned by the Department of Agriculture showed that if calves exercise and associated with other calves, they will require less medication and gain weight quicker than do those raised in confinement.

(E) associate with other calves, they require less medication and gain weight more quickly than

75.    If the proposed expenditures for gathering information abroad are reduced even further, international news reports have been and will continue to diminish in number and quality.

(E) will continue to diminish

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

75題所述的句意為如果提議的資訊收集經費被刪減,國際新聞報告的質與量將會持續降低.

46題所述的句意為一但冰川與其他冰川運動與結合,他們需要較少...........並得到...........

關鍵爭點在於當  IF之意義是 "如果",則動作有時態前後關係

當  IF之意義是 "一但",則動作是同時發生,因此時態一致

例如:If Mary kisses me, I will be happy.(如果)

If I have questions,I ask Mary.(一但)

在此IF近似於Once之意,即 Once I have questions,I ask Mary.

淺見疏漏之處請指教!!

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-1-25 16:11:01编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2005-1-24 13:48:00 | 只看该作者
两个都是可以的.
板凳
发表于 2005-1-24 13:49:00 | 只看该作者
有同样的疑惑!希望有人解答!
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-25 12:09:00 | 只看该作者

lilyzy - checking the explaination in OG, it doesn't looks like either one is correct. Is there any other interpretation or rules?

6#
发表于 2015-8-29 18:49:45 | 只看该作者
youyidingdaoli
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-20 07:15
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部