ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

Many of the earliest known images of Hindu deities in India date from the time of the Kushan Empire, fashioned either from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or Gandharan grey schist.

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 1969|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

几题比较 求证分词到底修饰谁???

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-8-2 13:53:36 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
OG 47
Five fledgling sea eagles left their nests in western Scotland this summer, bringing to 34 the number of wild birds successfully raised since transplants from Norway began in 1975.
(bring 修饰的是前面整个句子)
OG 55
Many house builders offer rent-to-buy programs that enable a family with insufficient savings for a conventional down payment to be able to move into new housing and to apply part of the rent to a purchase later.
D选项 programs, which enables a family with insufficient savings for a conventional down payment to move into new housing, applying
因为applying修饰的是builders 而不是family 而错了  (此处分词修饰主句主语)
OG56
Many of the earliest known images of Hindu deities in India date from the time of the Kushan Empire, fashioned either from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or Gandharan grey schist.
(A) Empire, fashioned either from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or
(B) Empire, fashioned from either the spotted sandstone of Mathura or from
(C) Empire, either fashioned from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or
(D) Empire and either fashioned from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or from
(E) Empire and were fashioned either from the spotted sandstone of Mathura or from
此题选E
ABC错都是因为fashioned修饰了就近的单词empire而非images of deities  
所以 想请教各位分词到底是啥时候修饰前面整个句子 啥时候修饰就近名词  又是啥时候修饰主句主语呢
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2012-8-2 19:26:48 | 只看该作者
我觉得要从句子意思上来理解哦……
板凳
发表于 2012-8-2 22:30:32 | 只看该作者
1·过去分词:无论之前有没有逗号都就近修饰名词。

2·现在分词:
I·分词前无逗号:就近修饰名词;

II·分此前有逗号:看看这个比较经典的解释应该会明白。
the "comma + ing" modifiershould only be used when:
(A)
it MODIFIES THE ENTIRE ACTION of thepreceding clause, and it APPLIES TO THE SUBJECT of that clause;

AND

(B)
one of the following is true:
(1) the "ing" action isSIMULTANEOUS with, and SUBORDINATE to, the main action;
- i ran down the sidewalk, flapping my armswildly
(2) the "ing" action is a DIRECTAND IMMEDIATE CONSEQUENCE of the main action.
- i got a 100 on the most recent exam,bringing my average up to 91

其实,总的来说有两种观点:a prep笔记上说逗号加现在分词的形式从来没有失去修饰名词的功能,只是在出现时要首先应是做状语的功能,其次,才是修饰名词的功能 b逗号加现在分词,如果使用正确的话,都是做状语的功能

其实上面两种观点不矛盾,看下面两个例子:
(1)In a plan to stop the erosion of East Coast beaches, the Army Corps of Engineers proposed building parallel to shore a breakwater of rocks that would rise six feet above the waterline and act as a buffer, 【absorbing】 the energy of crashing waves and protecting the beaches.
(2)For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, 【protecting】 warriors against enemy arrows and spears.

这两个句子当中的absorbing和protecting我们会认为是分别修饰buffer和equipment的,但其实,两者也都可以理解为结果状语。分别满足上面的A和B(2)。
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-8-9 14:24:02 | 只看该作者
这些题确实引发深思 得好好理解  谢谢啦
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-8-9 14:25:02 | 只看该作者
1·过去分词:无论之前有没有逗号都就近修饰名词。

2·现在分词:
I·分词前无逗号:就近修饰名词;

II·分此前有逗号:看看这个比较经典的解释应该会明白。
the "comma + ing" modifiershould only be used when:
(A)
it MODIFIES THE ENTIRE ACTION of thepreceding clause, and it APPLIES TO THE SUBJECT of that clause;

AND

(B)
one of the following is true:
(1) the "ing" action isSIMULTANEOUS with, and SUBORDINATE to, the main action;
- i ran down the sidewalk, flapping my armswildly
(2) the "ing" action is a DIRECTAND IMMEDIATE CONSEQUENCE of the main action.
- i got a 100 on the most recent exam,bringing my average up to 91

其实,总的来说有两种观点:a prep笔记上说逗号加现在分词的形式从来没有失去修饰名词的功能,只是在出现时要首先应是做状语的功能,其次,才是修饰名词的功能 b逗号加现在分词,如果使用正确的话,都是做状语的功能

其实上面两种观点不矛盾,看下面两个例子:
(1)In a plan to stop the erosion of East Coast beaches, the Army Corps of Engineers proposed building parallel to shore a breakwater of rocks that would rise six feet above the waterline and act as a buffer, 【absorbing】 the energy of crashing waves and protecting the beaches.
(2)For members of the seventeenth-century Ashanti nation in Africa, animal-hide shields with wooden frames were essential items of military equipment, 【protecting】 warriors against enemy arrows and spears.

这两个句子当中的absorbing和protecting我们会认为是分别修饰buffer和equipment的,但其实,两者也都可以理解为结果状语。分别满足上面的A和B(2)。
-- by 会员 jeffery2541 (2012/8/2 22:30:32)

太感谢啦
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-10 08:44
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部