返回列表 发新帖
查看: 3071|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[作文] 这是我平时未限时训练的ISSUE。望交流,批改

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-11-14 14:24:52 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
228.“The best way to teach -----whether as an educator, employer, or parent---is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones”(求批改)

What is the best way to teach for an educator, employer, or parent? Thunderous applause could be heard to maintain the idea that praising those who do well in their tasks and who fulfill their ambitions and ignore their negative actions is the best approach to encourage them to accomplish a higher-level performance. Dissenters and discommenders, however, could not subscribe with the former by insisting that negative feedback can be valuable and meaningful when it is directed at assisting the author to recognize his or her deficiencies and prevent arrogance. Yet, in my view, positive action should be praised but even someone may be
fall far short of expectations temporarily ought to be encouraged as well. And I believe sometimes positive words are superior to harsh criticism. At the same time, however, negative ones are also supposed to be taken into account and appropriately be admonished.

Primarily, praise and encouragement will not only be beneficial for those who have done something remarkable and brilliant to reinforce their positive actions, but the most important is that it is advantageous for those who do not receive compliment to stimulate them to work harder. A case in point is that when a young man called Fenton, the son of a star baseball player, was drafted by one of the minor—league teams. Hard as he tried, his first season was disappointing, and by midseason he expected to be released any day. His future seemed darkest until in his momentous game the couch discovered that he possessed all the characteristics of a super athlete and unearth his potential. During the break time, the couch said something to him. Thereafter he displayed his extraordinary skills and won the game. That was the turning point. From then on, he played the game with a new confidence and power that quickly drew the attention of the parent team, and he was called up to the majors. Then he became a baseball star too. When he was interviewed by CNN and was asked what had caused such a turnaround. Fenton replied that it was the encouraging remark the couch had made that day when his baseball career had seemed doomed. “He told me he once played baseball with the same team of my father and he said I was holding the bat just the way Dad had held it. And he told me, I can see his genes in you; you have your father’s arms.” After that, whenever I swung the bat, I sustained I was using Dad’s arms instead of my own. And I knew how to incorporate my skills and advantages into a coordinated effort.

Another crucial reason for my propensity is that positive teaching approach is conducive to develop and cultivate students or learner’s aptitudes and capabilities. Nothing is more obvious to support this idea than the instance of Marva Collins---the creator of “positive learning”. Her father was African American; her mother was Native American. She was born at a time in a place where there was a great deal of discrimination. Her father really believed in her and said to her from a very young age, you can make something of your life. Marca Collins worked hard. She was smart. She succeeded. And she became a school teacher. In her class most of her students are regarded as “unteachable” pupils. She said to her students “we are going to do a lot of believing in ourselves.” And she repeats this message over and over and over again, like a broken record throughout the semester and the year and years. “I believe in you. You can do well. You can succeed. Having really high expectations for her students, looking at what they are good at, their strength and cultivating those. Miracles begin to happen. These students, considered by many of the teachers to be “unteachable” ones by the time that they are in fourth grade are reading Euripides, Emerson and Shakespeare. These “unteachable” ones at the age of 10 are doing high school mathematics. Today, there are Marva Collins graduates who are politicians, business people, lawyers, doctors, and more than anything, teachers. Because they know what their teacher has done for them.

Admittedly, negative actions shouldn’t be overlooked and should be admonished. But how to punish students without wounding their self-esteem and dampen their motivation is a tough question. But Marca Collins set a good example. She said :”When they misbehave, their punishment is that they have to write 100 reasons why they are woo wonderful to do what they are doing. And they have to be alpha order: I am adorable. I am beautiful. I am courageous. I give them the first ones until they get the hang out of it. I am delightful. I am effervescent. I am fabulous. I am heavenly. And it goes on to z. and if they do it again, then they have to use another synonym. They can’t use adorable any more. Now the children will say to a new student, I know why you don’t behave, because you are tired of telling Ms. Collins how wonderful I am. What a wonderful punishment. Her method not only achieves the punishment’s purpose and as well enables them to avoid stepping into the same error, but also erects paradigm for people to emulate.

In sum, the value of praise and encouragement outweigh criticism and critiques. Appropriate positive feedback serves as a motivating force, which provoke them to study assiduously and fulfill greater accomplishment and achievement. And most importantly, positive punishment for negative actions is a better fashion than just censure them for its own sake with harsh words, which dampen their spirit and thwart their inspiration, thereby undermining its objectives and destructing a promising person in some sense.

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-11-16 14:21:21 | 只看该作者
写得很好,第二段的例子尤其好。字数也相当的多,时间把握得好的话,应该不成问题啊。
语言功底也很深的。

这篇冷月刚刚也写过,你们对比一下
http://forum.chasedream.com/GRE_Prep/thread-606302-1-1.html
板凳
发表于 2011-11-16 14:21:39 | 只看该作者
大家来瞧瞧,又一大牛现身了。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-4 08:26
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部