53#
发表于 2011-12-6 02:22:31 | 只看该作者
Mark
54#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-8 15:50:10 | 只看该作者

有空看

1,国际学生在US做consulting很难很难。最好看看Tim Flood's的course叫US Language and culture。
   link about Tim Flood and US language and culture
   http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/alumni/aan/~/media/Files/documents/mbaadmittedguideintl.ashx

Homepage of Tim Flood
   http://www.unc.edu/~floodt/

他也写了好多书
   http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=MBA+fundamentals%3A+business+writing&x=0&y=0
   MBA Fundamentals Business Writing
   MBA Fundamentals Strategy
   MBA Fundamentals Accounting and Finance
   MBA Fundamentals Project Management

2,可以看看UNC的STAR项目,看看他们的学生是怎么实际给企业做proj的。
   UNC STAR proj: Student Teams Achieving Results
   http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/leadership/star.aspx
3,MBA需要什么样的人?
   Good undergraduate transcript/grades
   Well written essays
   Strong recommendations
   Good job progression/leadership/mgt.
   Community leadership
   Strong GMAT score
   Strong interview
4,具体的技能
   analytical/writing/presentation/logical analytical
   accounting, statistics, calculus or microeconomics
   不太建议CFA,看看UNC的ASW吧。
   http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/programs/mba/curriculum/analytic-skills-workshops

UNC的管理咨询的课程介绍
http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/programs/mba/concentrations/management-consulting

The Fuqua MBA Association (MBAA)
http://fuqua.campusgroups.com/mbaa/about/
55#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-8 17:03:57 | 只看该作者
没啥关系的东西,常识吧

CPG是什么
》》快消
Consumer packaged goods (or fast moving consumer goods) brands are among the largest spenders on marketing and advertising. What are the strategy, media mix, consumer, and other trends that impact the marketing of food, beverages, personal care products, paper products, and other CPG categories?

CPG Marketing is part of Business Exchange, suggested by August Ray. This topic contains 844 news and 204 blog items. Read updated news, blogs, and resources about CPG Marketing. Find user-submitted articles and reactions on CPG Marketing from like-minded professionals.
56#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-14 11:18:55 | 只看该作者
http://stress.about.com/od/relationships/ht/healthycomm.htm

Communicate: Improve Your Relationships With Effective Communication Skills

Conflict in a relationship is virtually inevitable. In itself, conflict isn’t a problem; how it’s handled, however, can bring people together or tear them apart. Poor communication skills, disagreements and misunderstandings can be a source of anger and distance, or a springboard to a stronger relationship and happier future. Next time you’re dealing with conflict, keep these tips on effective communication skills in mind and you can create a more positive outcome.
Difficulty: Average
Time Required: Just a little extra time.
Here's How:

Stay Focused: Sometimes it’s tempting to bring up past seemingly related conflicts when dealing with current ones. Unfortunately, this often clouds the issue and makes finding mutual understanding and a solution to the current issue less likely, and makes the whole discussion more taxing and even confusing. Try not to bring up past hurts or other topics. Stay focused on the present, your feelings, understanding one another and finding a solution.

Listen Carefully: People often think they’re listening, but are really thinking about what they’re going to say next when the other person stops talking. Truly effective communication goes both ways. While it might be difficult, try really listening to what your partner is saying. Don’t interrupt. Don’t get defensive. Just hear them and reflect back what they’re saying so they know you’ve heard. Then you’ll understand them better and they’ll be more willing to listen to you.

Try To See Their Point of View: In a conflict, most of us primarily want to feel heard and understood. We talk a lot about our point of view to get the other person to see things our way. Ironically, if we all do this all the time, there’s little focus on the other person’s point of view, and nobody feels understood. Try to really see the other side, and then you can better explain yours. (If you don't 'get it', ask more questions until you do.) Others will more likely be willing to listen if they feel heard.

Respond to Criticism with Empathy: When someone comes at you with criticism, it’s easy to feel that they’re wrong, and get defensive. While criticism is hard to hear, and often exaggerated or colored by the other person’s emotions, it’s important to listen for the other person’s pain and respond with empathy for their feelings. Also, look for what’s true in what they’re saying; that can be valuable information for you.

Own What’s Yours: Realize that personal responsibility is a strength, not a weakness. Effective communication involves admitting when you’re wrong. If you both share some responsibility in a conflict (which is usually the case), look for and admit to what’s yours. It diffuses the situation, sets a good example, and shows maturity. It also often inspires the other person to respond in kind, leading you both closer to mutual understanding and a solution.

Use “I” Messages: Rather than saying things like, “You really messed up here,” begin statements with “I”, and make them about yourself and your feelings, like, “I feel frustrated when this happens.” It’s less accusatory, sparks less defensiveness, and helps the other person understand your point of view rather than feeling attacked.

Look for Compromise Instead of trying to ‘win’ the argument, look for solutions that meet everybody’s needs. Either through compromise, or a new solution that gives you both what you want most, this focus is much more effective than one person getting what they want at the other’s expense. Healthy communication involves finding a resolution that both sides can be happy with.

Take a Time-Out: Sometimes tempers get heated and it’s just too difficult to continue a discussion without it becoming an argument or a fight. If you feel yourself or your partner starting to get too angry to be constructive, or showing some destructive communication patterns, it’s okay to take a break from the discussion until you both cool off. Sometimes good communication means knowing when to take a break.

Don’t Give Up: While taking a break from the discussion is sometimes a good idea, always come back to it. If you both approach the situation with a constructive attitude, mutual respect, and a willingness to see the other’s point of view or at least find a solution, you can make progress toward the goal of a resolution to the conflict. Unless it’s time to give up on the relationship, don’t give up on communication.

Ask For Help If You Need It: If one or both of you has trouble staying respectful during conflict, or if you’ve tried resolving conflict with your partner on your own and the situation just doesn’t seem to be improving, you might benefit from a few sessions with a therapist. Couples counseling or family therapy can provide help with altercations and teach skills to resolve future conflict. If your partner doesn’t want to go, you can still often benefit from going alone.

Tips:

Remember that the goal of effective communication skills should be mutual understanding and finding a solution that pleases both parties, not ‘winning’ the argument or ‘being right’.

This doesn’t work in every situation, but sometimes (if you’re having a conflict in a romantic relationship) it helps to hold hands or stay physically connected as you talk. This can remind you that you still care about each other and generally support one another.

Keep in mind that it’s important to remain respectful of the other person, even if you don’t like their actions.

Here's a list of common unhealthy ways to handle conflict. Do you do some of these? If so, your poor communication skills could be causing additional stress in your life.
57#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-14 11:19:39 | 只看该作者
http://www.quintcareers.com/personal_branding.html

Take Control of Your Personal Branding
QuintCareers print-friendly
Printer-Friendly Version

by Rob Swanson

Corporate branding is often the most misunderstood marketing tool in universal use. Brands fail when the company mistakes the visual image for the actual brand, missing the fact that the "brand" is the client's corporate experience not the icon that is supposed to represent it. (In the same manner, communicating the brand throughout the company does not mean changing the letterhead; it means training the employees to match the implied promise of the visual brand.)

Personal Branding often falls into the same trap. An executive once told me that his "personal brand" was Armani suits with a power tie and Gucci shoes. A personal brand is not put on like a coat (and it is certainly not a coat). A personal brand is what a person does consistently with effectiveness.

Everyone has a brand. It's not a matter of creating one; too often it's a matter of rehabilitation instead of establishment. Your first goal, then, is to know where you're starting from.

Ground Zero
Self-evaluation is the safe side of knowing where you currently stand. Ask yourself the following questions:

What is the most consistent emotion I display when things are going well?
   What is the most consistent emotion I display when things are in crisis mode?
   Do coworkers and employees feel comfortable with me?
   If no, why not?
   What kinds of professional problems do people bring to me?
   What am I sought out for?
   What kind of projects or conditions make me feel the most alive?
   Where do the companies I've worked for find the most value in me?
   What are my three strongest professional traits?
   Which of the three traits do I enjoy the most?

The next process can be more difficult, but for a true understanding of where you are, you must consult your coworkers and friends. Ask your friends and coworkers the following questions (informally):

What is the most consistent emotion you see me display when things are going well?
   What is the most consistent emotion you see me display when things are in crisis mode?
   What do you think is my most consistent trait?
   What do you feel most comfortable bringing to me, personal problems or professional problems? What kind?
   Where do you perceive as my greatest value to the company?
   If I were partnering with you, what kind of project would you want to take on knowing I could help?
   What do you think are my three strongest professional traits?
   What trait do I need to change the most?
   What jobs/projects/problems should I be most strategically assigned?

Define Your Target
Crafting a personal brand is never from whole cloth; it is shaping what is already there to something more desirable. Forecasting from your starting place to where each of your identified strengths can go is the best method for brand-recasting.

Do not discount the emotional traits uncovered in the first two questions above. "rofessionalism" doesn't mean a lack of emotion, just a balanced, in-control field of emotions. Our emotional demeanor is often the icon with which our experience is associated. I recall one executive we considered The Good Old Boy Technology Maven. Mike was the first leader who saw the uses of emerging technology, saving the company millions each year, but it was his jovial, shoulder-squeezing, Southern boisterousness that we all remember.

Conversely, The Mr. Coffee of Mergers was a COO who had to have a full mug in his hand to conduct civil acquisition meetings. Neither of these executives paid close attention to their personal brand, and both would probably be surprised by their co-workers' perceptions.

Select some positive emotions that you can comfortably nurture; preferably those that can be built from your existing stock of feelings. Mike, the Good Old Boy, could have shaped his personality with a little coaching into encouragement or motivation by first taking the temperature of a room and determining strategic applications of his energy. Mr. Coffee, on the other hand, required psychological help to get to the root of his intractability. He didn't need to reshape what was there; he had to replace his current emotional landscape.

Recognizing that your emotional demeanor is the carrier for your brand message, you now need to divine the message you're already developing. Likely confirmed from your self-analysis above, and confirmed by the insights of your co-workers, it's time to start shaping your skills and adding to them.

Mapping a Plan
Divide a page with a horizontal line through the center. Write your current dominant emotional displays on the top left side, and the desired displays on the top right. List your current strengths on the lower left and a list of the skills and strengths (existing or new) that you want to include in your personal brand on the right.

Take a look. How far apart is your goal from your present-state? What new skills do you want to develop and which do you want to refine?

In the gulf between present-state and goal on your paper, fill in strategic, measurable tasks to achieve your desired brand. Tasks might include self-help books to read, magazines to subscribe and devour, and if necessary, professional help.

Do you learn better through self-study or with formal training? Map out an educational plan that takes your learning style into account and put it into action. Assign dates to each task.

Don't get discouraged. Professional skills can be built up rapidly; emotional change, less so. If you need to conquer negative emotional displays, expect to take a great deal of time and effort. We learn our emotions over a lifetime; change will be hard work.

Check Yourself
Evaluation must be a part of every plan. While crafting and polishing your personal brand, seek regular feedback, asking the questions above often and incorporating the responses into your plan.

An Important Reminder
Brand is not just image. A sharply focused professional is an effective contributor to corporate success. The executive who does not refine his brand is less productive… whether he wears Armani suits or not.

To better understand how these marketing terms apply to job-hunting it helps to first understand the terminology. To that end, go to our Marketing Concepts Glossary. And for a general introduction to marketing and career development, read: Using Key Marketing Tools to Position Yourself on the Job Market.

Questions about some of the terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker's Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms.

Rob Swanson, Managing Writer, Career Services International Rob Swanson is a certified resume writer and adult-learning methodology professional serving as managing writer for Career Services International. Author of several career-management books and articles, Rob offers career-development and management support to clients spanning college students to CEOs.

Enhance Your Brand! Find all the great tools and resources for developing your personal career brand, as well as key self-marketing technqiues to get hired or promoted, that we offer at Quintessential Careers: Personal Branding & Career Self-Marketing Tools.
58#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-16 01:43:27 | 只看该作者
Stern MCA的资源链接
很全了

http://nyustern.campusgroups.com/mca/links/
59#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-23 17:14:48 | 只看该作者
Top 10 Gulliver posts of 2011 (till December 15th)
1) Where the livin' is easiest
It's February and, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, Vancouver is the most liveable city in the world—as it has been for a decade
2) Melbourne storm
How times change. Now it's August, and Vancouver has lost its crown
3) Getting the cheapest flights
When's the best time to make travel bookings
4) Lies, damn lies and tourists
The worst possible advice that you can offer a tourist
5) Returning from the moon
What the Apollo 11 customs-declaration form looked like
6) Too many thrills in the cockpit
A flight attendant and pilot leave Cathay Pacific after being snapped in compromising positions on board a plane
7) Safe havens
A new ranking of the ten safest airlines in the world has no room for Qantas or Singapore, but offers good news for American flyers
8) A time-based transit map
A map showing how long it takes to get around a city using public transport attracts one of our least inspired headlines
9) Case for the defence
A rather whizzy way to protect your iPad
10) What Americans sound like
A map of dialects of North American English
60#
发表于 2011-12-23 19:42:42 | 只看该作者
要是申请前国内Tier2的,读完MBA能转到MBB嘛?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 12:46
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部