ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: 涵旸
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Another大龄剩女with 1 million RMB/year income, MBA or not?

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2010-3-9 23:34:34 | 显示全部楼层
32 is not too old, I know fresh MBAs who are older than 35.

The annual income of US$140k (RMB 1M) is not too much either, I have friends who are making that much but are eager to give it up for an MBA.

On Business Week or some other MBA forums, I have seen a young American guy who's running his business with a $200k annual revenue got rejected by all the programs he applied to. He was kinda mad so he posted his application PDF file online and asked for feedbacks such as why HBS rejected him twice. Some people just suggested him to put aside his ego and be honest about why, fit, and career goals. (Sorry, can't find the link...)

I have never been in any MBA programs, but I can certainly tell you that age and income are not the most important factors.

Perhaps you can apply for some first, after getting some offers, ask yourself whether the MBA itch is still there, then decide which one to go. Even if you end up not going, you can still learn a lot about yourself during the application process.
沙发
发表于 2010-3-10 11:54:46 | 显示全部楼层
认识一些fob (fresh off the boat), 有小留学生,老移民,他们去银行,出去办事,每当听到有人夸他们的英语很像native的时候都很开心。在一个party中,一个fob 对一个cbc (canada born chinese)说,你说英文很像native。 cbc听了跟我说他觉得很offended。

只想说明当别人夸你说得很像native时,代表你说的英文根本就不是native。

再说,大把鬼佬可适应中国的生活了,可有很多在来中国前别说像native chinese,可能连中文都只懂你好谢谢对不起。口音不代表adaptability。跟老美工作过几年只代表你或许可以根老美合作无间,但工作只是生活的一部分。例如别人跟你聊LeBron James, Sidyney Crosby时, 就算你不知道Caveliars and Penguins的排名,最好也可以说最近忙,没怎么看篮球和冰球。在北美头晕,肚疼什么小病都没得看医生,看了也只是叫你回家喝水睡觉,去emergency如果不是血流不止就肯定要等上几个小时。我上次一朋友打球骨折,在emergency痛了7个小时才有得治疗。不像国内,托托关系说不定能插个队。

在北美,太多太多的东西跟国内不一样了,但其实我觉得只要有着接受新事物的心态,而且不要有太多的assumption,无需native的英语或者接受过高等教育,任何人都可以很快适应。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-7 20:36
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部