返回列表 发新帖
楼主: Booth2011
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Chicago Booth 2011 Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2010-1-12 13:27:21 | 显示全部楼层
Dear all,
I am currently admitted to Chicago Booth and Yale. And I feel the styles of the 2 schools are quite different. For Yale, there have already been many alumni (Chineses) contact me to answer questions. And I already got some information about financing. However, there is not much communication with Chicago Alumni, a little bit dissapointing. I have not got much information about financing yet. Maybe for Chicago, they expect you to find out problems and work out answers with initiative. May I know when I can get some more detailed information?
Chicago is well known with the culture of "Challenge". Sometimes it may not be that easy to customize the curriculum to just meet the needs. I would probably have some mentor to discuss my curriculum as well. I aim for investment banking, with a bachelor degree in accounting and I am supposed to pass the CFA  this summer. I work in commerical bank currently. Do you have any suggestions on the course to take or some professors as well? I also think networking and job hunting should be the crucial part of MBA life. How to try to balance the study life and social life if the courses themselves are already very demanding?

Thanks for the kind answer in advance.
Best regards,
-- by 会员 deliahou (2010/1/6 6:48:57)

Big Congs and welcome to Chicago!

Don't worry, they will be so many people contact with you, It will not be a problem at all. For the course, Chicago's flexible curriculum is more than customized, it's the spirit of freedom and market efficient, you will soon feel it.

If you wanna be a banker, Chicago is one of the best school for you to switch career no matter in US or Greater China. We are challenging in academic but colloabrative in daily life. For your question about career change, I think it's better for you to take CFA, it will add points when you are doing job hunting. For network, just take it easy, meet people and make friends with them, no matter buy side or sell side, it will help you much more than only application, it helps you whole life.

Enjoy your beautiful days before coming to school!
沙发
发表于 2010-1-12 13:52:19 | 显示全部楼层
Do I need to mail the offical transcripts when I apply? or I can send them when the admin asks so?
-- by 会员 酒楼 (2010/1/10 15:03:04)

i rememeber last year I did. If you can, I think it's better use official. If you cannot, you can contact with school to explain the reason and seek for a postpone.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-12 14:23
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部