搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cgchengang
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于商学院PhD的学习生活

[复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-10-20 10:20:00 | 显示全部楼层

I don't know about this Nanyang University. But I can share my experience with you. Hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

I'm doing PhD in Finance in Canada. This is my first year in this program. I've heard a lot about the difficulties about this program before. But I didn't realize how hard it is untill I am actually doing it. For the past a month and a half, I spent almost 15 hours studying everyday, and I still feel that I am behind the schedule.  So if you decide to do PhD, be fully prepared first.

About the rearch assistant, it is actually very good experiece to you. Since you'll expect doing a lot of reseach in the future anyway, just think of it as some practice. And you'll learn a lot of empirical techniques from it.  So there is really nothing to worry about. The only thing is that you have to devote some time on it every week.

hD is hard to get, PhD in Management is the hardest. Welcome aboard and good luck!

沙发
发表于 2007-10-20 11:16:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用yession在2007-10-20 10:46:00的发言:

I don't know about this Nanyang University. But I can share my experience with you. Hopefully it'll be helpful to you.

I'm doing PhD in Finance in Canada. This is my first year in this program. I've heard a lot about the difficulties about this program before. But I didn't realize how hard it is untill I am actually doing it. For the past a month and a half, I spent almost 15 hours studying everyday, and I still feel that I am behind the schedule.  So if you decide to do PhD, be fully prepared first.

About the rearch assistant, it is actually very good experiece to you. Since you'll expect doing a lot of reseach in the future anyway, just think of it as some practice. And you'll learn a lot of empirical techniques from it.  So there is really nothing to worry about. The only thing is that you have to devote some time on it every week.

hD is hard to get, PhD in Management is the hardest. Welcome aboard and good luck!

确实不容易,我也是一年级phd,倒没有那么夸张,但是脑力真的很伤,虽然我还有时间睡觉,做饭,运动,但是其他时间每时每刻都在动脑筋想问题。感觉就像是以前竞赛要求的题目,变成日常的功课,每天都要想一些非常抽象的问题。

Yes, you are right.

But actually, I am not exaggerating, either. My case is kindof special, which makes it even harder. Because I don't have any background in Finance, I need to catch up with a lot of stuff that other students don't have to do. It takes a lot of time.

Anyway, I hope all these pains we suffer today will be paid off in the future. 

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-10-20 11:17:25编辑过]
板凳
发表于 2007-10-22 05:01:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用cgchengang在2007-10-20 23:23:00的发言:

谢谢楼上两位给予的解答!

还想请教一下,对于managementstrategy) 方面的PhD,学习过程中对于数学的要求高吗?我本科和硕士阶段都没学过高数,统计方面也只了解最基础的知识,所以对于数学这方面非常的担心,像我这种文科转商科的,是不是到时数学方面相当的够呛啊.不知道如果被录取的话,是不是要自学高等数学等科目呢?

是的,没有一定的数学底子学起来会很吃力。

其实我也是从文科转过来的,好在我之前学了些高数,但毕竟学的不够深,所以现在还是感觉比较吃力。别人花十分钟看的东西,我们可能学要半个小时。所以如果可能的话,还是自己先补一补这方面的知识才好。

地板
发表于 2007-10-22 11:58:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用cgchengang在2007-10-22 10:02:00的发言:
谢谢楼上各位!看得我心里惴惴不安,申请的道路真是曲折啊!由于我周围认识的人中没有一个是出国读商学院PhD的,所以我虽然一路申请,但每一步都是自己试探着走的,好容易见到点曙光了,却刚刚才得知读商学院PhD要有好的数学基础,现在真是进退两难!

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring you down. All I am saying is that it is not an easy job, especially for someone like us, who doesn't have enough background. But on the other hand, I always believe that everybody has some unknown potentiality to develop, and further you study, further you will realize it. If you don't try it, you'll never know what you are capable of, right? So make the right decision for yourself and go for it.

Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can, including you. Good luck.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-12 13:49
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部