[备考日记] 孩子妈妈 , 材料准备段(北美)两个半月

[精华] [复制链接]
151#
发表于 2010-3-23 00:44:02 | 只看该作者
孩 子妈妈了,为啥还要考T啊,考T干啥啊
152#
发表于 2010-3-23 04:26:02 | 只看该作者

Add oils, Moms!

There are lots of diversified reasons why people take TOEFL worldwide no matter what the ages they are currently at. However, I think the majority of people's purpose is to transform themselves to be a more competitive one in a better living circumstances they believe they will be able to achieve through TOEFL, GRE/GMAT and finally an advanced Education in the US. For example, from my personal experiences, I know so many Chinese are intelligent and diligent working on how to make such an important life transition from China to America whether they are still struggling on tests in homeland or here in the US.

One of my Chinese friends(she is a bio-technician in my husband's lab in New York City) has taken TOEFL ibt twice but not yet satisfied, she has a pharmacology background from China and wants to transform to a registered pharmacist here. She came to the US around 10 years ago with her husband just like thousands of Chinese who are seeking for a whole new world in the west year by year. But soon she got reality pressure of a family with two kids. She got a technician job in the non-profit academia thanks to her background. However, people always ask for more spiritually or materially (which I don't mean anything negative here). So, she never gives up that ambitious dream of better financing her family as a typical Chinese hardworking here. But unfortunately, she was informed that she has to get a speaking section's score of 27+. She feels hopeless, but she soon got encouraged when I told her another case similar to hers, another Chinese female who took T-ibt for 16 times, the last time she got speaking score 29. ( I know you would say she's a nuts! Anyway, admire her perseverance and congrats to her achievement.)

For me, also as a Mom of a 15-months boy, I better understand Mama Lisa's situation. I need a T of 105+ and a G above 700 because I want to make a better life transition through a competitive MBA program, and let me tell you the age is never a problem for pursuing an advanced education, the real problem is when you will realize the virtue motivation from your heart to take initiatives. May God bless all of us to fulfill our dreams.
153#
发表于 2010-6-22 22:44:32 | 只看该作者
楼上写的真好~~~加油!!!
154#
发表于 2010-6-24 11:54:33 | 只看该作者
我也是孩子她妈妈,也正在备战。大家加油!
155#
发表于 2011-10-17 18:08:02 | 只看该作者
加油!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:12
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部