楼主
发表于 2017-8-24 10:54:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
求CD的同志们给些申请建议
本人背景:
上海top3本科
top2工科硕士
目前就职:A做商业数据数据分析师,服务电商这块儿
GMAT760国家二级运动员
楼主今年刚毕业加入了阿里。未来工作三年后有申请MBA的打算,目标当然是M7&yale(个人觉得读书成本还是很高,不到M7&yale的话自己觉得有点儿不值得)

收藏收藏1 收藏收藏1
沙发
发表于 2017-8-24 12:26:49 | 只看该作者
三年之后可能你就不想出来了。。。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-24 13:39:18 | 只看该作者
威玛的梅森 发表于 2017-8-24 12:26
三年之后可能你就不想出来了。。。

哈哈,GMAT都考了,必须走一波啊
地板
发表于 2017-8-24 14:28:52 | 只看该作者
1. 认真工作并取得成绩 2. 在三年里想明白为什么要读MBA
其他从硬件上看都够了
5#
发表于 2017-8-24 15:22:45 | 只看该作者
条件都不错了,工作阶段跟领导打好关系,以后推荐信就有着落了,增加一些国际经历等,当然还有很多很细的东西,但那个都需要平时多注意积累,最重要的还是要想清楚自己为什么申请,以后的职业规划到底是什么....
6#
发表于 2017-8-25 17:16:19 | 只看该作者
Hey there!
Well so far so good! You have a great GMAT! A great employer! and a very good university on your profile.

However I am missing detail.

I need a LOT more info from you -  titles, promotions, greatest achievements, volunteer work, sports, community service, religious involvement, leadership.. etc. before I can give you a real evaluation.

It will also be very helpful if you can elaborate upon your goals.

Best,
Jon Frank
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-27 11:16:37 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2017-8-25 17:16
Hey there!
Well so far so good! You have a great GMAT! A great employer! and a very good university  ...

To make you more comfortable, I translate my background information into English.
Education:
Tongji University Bachelor
Tsinghua University Master
GMAT:
Employer:
Alibaba Group
Title:
Data Analyst in Business Intelligence Department. Involved in the largest C2C platform Taobao.com
Sports:
National Second Level Athlete, Champion in Sichuan province in Orienteering
Volunteer work:
almost nothing
Community work:
almost nothing

Hi, Jon. Thank you so much for your advice. (By the way, I find that you give advice to every this kind of question, it is so nice of you, really. )
Actually, I just graduated from Tsinghua University this July and started my career in Alibaba Group. I plan to apply for MBA 3 or 4 years later. My goal on MBA right now is that I want to shift the gears from High Tech to Consulting to broaden my career path. That is why I want to enter the Top B-schools. However, I do not know what can I do in the next 3 years to help me stand out in the application. Please give me some advice from your experience.
Thank you so much in advance.
8#
发表于 2017-8-30 17:04:21 | 只看该作者
小霸王 发表于 2017-8-27 11:16
To make you more comfortable, I translate my background information into English.
Education:
Tongj ...

Hey there!
Great to hear back from you with more detail.
Your career seems to be on a  very nice trajectory, and if you aim to apply in about 3-4 years, I think you should have some good chances.
I think at this point, the question is more of: What can you do to improve your profile over the next years???
I would like to present you with a list of ideas, which should help you:
- Definitely do at least one if not real real volunteer works while you are working. the BEST possible volunteer work is anything that has to do with leadership or fundraising, so if you see those opportunities, jump on them!
- Make sure you do the best possible at work, taking any opportunities to lead, to get involved in social events, to advance.
- Likewise try and keep up your life! What I mean is that schools LOVE candidates who have a broad range of activities and interests.
- If you have any interest in entrepreneurship as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.
- If you have any interest in politics as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.

There are probably more things that I am not yet thinking about, but this is a very good place to start!

I hope this helps,
Best,
Jon Frank
9#
 楼主| 发表于 2017-8-30 22:38:27 | 只看该作者
JonFrank 发表于 2017-8-30 17:04
Hey there!
Great to hear back from you with more detail.
Your career seems to be on a  very nice t ...

Hi, Jon.
Thank you so much for your advice. It really helps me a lot. (Just in curious, do you list the advice in the rank of importance? ). From your words, I really think that I need to do something in the future to make up my shortcomings on the resume, especially the volunteer experience.
Hope one day I can be a student of HBS, just like you.
Again, thank you so much for your advice.
10#
发表于 2017-8-31 16:50:52 | 只看该作者
小霸王 发表于 2017-8-30 22:38
Hi, Jon.
Thank you so much for your advice. It really helps me a lot. (Just in curious, do you lis ...

Hey there,
Well not necessarily in order of importance. For volunteer work and extra curricualrs its important that you have SOMETHING. It also gives you a big advantage if you have a lot. Because we find that volunteer work and lots of interests is something that is often lacking in Chinese applicants. so it can be invaluable to help you stand out.

So it IS important. But probably the single most important item is how you progress at work, and how much leadership experience you gain in your workplace.

Good luck!

And I hope that you too can be a student of HBS or another top school too!

And you are off to a great start!

Best,
Jon Frank
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 03:55
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部