打印 上一主题 下一主题

[心经] [新人贴](附作文sample)12天备战,一战惊喜113分(L30-R28-W28-S27)-写给基础还不错的同学

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-10-14 21:21:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
首先感谢一下CD吧,资料很全,大家的经验也很多,能学到很多东西。现在写一下自己的经验报答一下CD。

楼主这次113分真心很意外,因为正式考试出现了很大的状况:

由于考前从未掐着时间模考过,都是做完每个section都歇一会儿,所以现场考试很不适应,完全坐不住,十分紧张。楼主早上8点考试,为了提神考前喝了两大杯咖啡,然后从做阅读的第3篇开始想撒尿,而且特别想,加上考试很紧张,所以很难集中注意力。

憋着泡尿,做听力的每一个dialog/lecture都很痛苦。好不容易做完了两个section的听力,以为可以中场休息了,楼主急着摘下耳机去上厕所。结果被监考员按住了,指着屏幕说我还没做完。我当时憋急了说:”已经做完了,快让我出去。“此时听到耳机里的确又开始发出声音——听力加试。我当时真的超级不爽,打算直接掀桌子回家了,但还是忍了下来,戴上耳机又开始做听力。此时完全没状态,啥也听不进去。楼主果断起身说:不做最后一部分了,一定要上厕所!!!然后楼主就出去上厕所了,完全不管听力还在进行(没想到最后听力是满分),上完厕所回来该死的听力还没结束,楼主就把剩下的部分全部选A了,楼主真的全。都。选。了。A。。。。。

上半场的状况直接影响到楼主下半场的心情,虽然当时已经做好了二战的准备,楼主还是没有放弃下半场,当时安慰自己:就当练练口语和作文,看看自己到底啥水平。

分享完这个anecdote,正式分享一下经验吧:

楼主背景:

国内211本科,工作四年,英语一直自我感觉良好,4、6级裸考分别624和570.  

备考材料和复习节奏:

材料:1)OG (即official guide,楼主amazon买的电子书)
          2)TPO(托福小站去下载,很简单)
          3)亦欧网(亦欧楼主只拿来练了练口语)

节奏:(具体每个部分怎么做的看后面具体的分析)

Day 1 - Day 3:看OG(OG很重要!!!)
Day 4 - Day 7: 每天一套阅读,一套听力,一套写作
Day 8 - Day 12: 每天一套阅读,一套听力,一套写作,两套口语

阅读:

楼主阅读比较弱,刚做TPO的时候很绝望,每次练都要错6-7个。各种生词看不懂,各种读不进去。后来做着做着发现托福阅读的思路都很像,而且好多生词出现的频率很高。所以楼主用下面的节奏练阅读:(楼主用下面的节奏做阅读发现正确率越来越高了)

1)每天一套阅读,无论如何都要掐着时间做。做的不好也没关系。
2)对答案,看解释,总结自己哪里容易犯错。
3)精读(精读!!!!)每篇文章,背生单词,分析长难句。

针对阅读,楼主有几点技巧和大家分析一下:

1)先花5分钟读一遍文章(不能再多了),然后边做题边读第二遍文章
2)长难句读到一半没看懂不要回读,坚持读完你会发现句子突然make sense了
3)单词题完全不用回归文章,不要多想,直接从四个选项里面找同义词
4)细节题一定要回归原文,不能想当然

听力:

楼主听力比较强,第一次做TPO就是满分,后面练的时候也基本上都是满分或者错1个。楼主用下面的节奏练听力:

1)每天一套听力。
2)对答案,看解释,总结哪里容易犯错。
3)学习听力文本,学生单词。

针对听力,楼主有几点技巧和大家分享一下:

1)一定要记笔记,但是听更重要,记住:笔记只是听力的辅助
2)听到分类或者演讲者讲1,2,3点内容时一定要把关键词记下来。

口语:

楼主自以为口语是强项,很不重视,因为大学的时候经常参加英语演讲比赛和英语辩论赛,所以楼主是做后几天才开始练口语的。练的时候傻眼了,发现自己轻敌了。Task1和2完全没话讲,后面的TASK也各种困难症。后来楼主就各种逼着自己强化练习, 用下面的节奏:

1)每天至少两套TPO,并且录音
2)听录音,觉得别扭的地方一定要改
3)去亦欧网练习。TPO真的很好,但是我当时很困惑的一点是,虽然录了音,不知道自己到底什么水平。所以楼主去了亦欧网,这个网上有更多的练习题,而且里面有其他网友的录音和相应的评分,可以让大家知道自己到底啥水平。

针对口语,楼主有几点技巧和大家分享一下:

1)早点开始练,别向楼主一样轻敌。
2)Task1和2完全可以弄个模版。模版不用太死,灵活就好。
3)Task3-6的部分,尤其的听力的材料,一定不要记全部的细节。一来你只能讲1分钟,细节记多了你也讲不完。二来细节太多影响思路,不如听的时候就总结关键点,和关键细节。

作文:

作文其实不难,真的不难。楼主在这里强调一定要看OG,尤其是OG的两篇范文。楼主在最后分享了自己考前练的一些文章,可以代表楼主的水平。因为楼主的文章都是掐着时间写的所以肯定不完美,但是大概可以让大家了解到楼者这样的水平拿了28分。

楼主用下面的节奏练写作:

1)每天一套TPO,掐着时间来。
2)然后改错,看TPO里面的sample文章。

针对作文,楼主有几点技巧和大家分享一下:

1)最重要的就是自己阅读和学习OG的范文,一共就两篇范文!
2)integrated的听力部分不要全部细节都记,记重要的细节。
3)integrated一定要形成模版,模版很简单。
4)高级的词汇和句型能出现最好,出现不了也没关系,因为作文语义最重要,不能为了用高级词让自己的文章变的awkward
5)一定要充分的develop。
6)字数不要求太多,Integrated 300左右即可。Independent 400左右即可。质量更重要。

下面楼主练的一些文章:

TPO34:

Integrated:

The reading passage lays out three theories to explain the extinction of sea cows around Bering Island off the coast of Siberia. According to the lecturer, who is not convinced by any of the theories, there should be other more reasonable explanations regarding the extinction.

The first hyphothesis provided in the passage is that the overhunting from native Siberian people has caused the extinction. The speaker, however, points out that this hyphothesis seems to have neglected the enormous size of the sea cows. The sea cows could have been 9 meters long and weighed 10 tons. Although the Siberian people might have hunted a few sea cows for food, it was unlikely that the small portion of these sea creatures captured by the native people resulted in the extinction.

The second theory availabe in the passage claims that the extinction of sea cows was caused by the decline in kelp, the main source of food for sea cows, as a result of disturbances in the ecosystems. The professor is skeptical about this thoery as well because should the ecosystems have changed as indicated in the passage, a much broader effect would have been brought forward. For example, people failed to see the number of whales diminishing around the same time when sea cows were disappearing.

The last argument presented in the passage attemps to convince us that the European fur traders were the culprits of the tragedy. Despite this, it is mentioned by the speaker that, indeed, there was evidence that the number of the sea cows was shrinking around the same time when European fur traders landed, but the sea cows, unforturnately, had been vanishing long before the arrival of the Europeans. This indicates that there had to be other ongoing factors that had been leading to the extinction of the sea cows.

Independent:
THINK TWICE ABOUT MODERN TECHNOLOGIES

While the inventions of cell phones, online games and social networking have been shaping how the world operates during the past decades and these technologies have been championed by people everywhere, it is easily overlooked that our next generation has been negatively affected by these trendy phenomena. In fact, it can be argued that such technologies have become barriers for the education of our children today.

Compared to the old days, children, especially teenagers, are devoting too much time - time that should be used for studying - on meaningless internet games and social media like Facebook and Twitter. My husband, who has been a middle school teacher for over 14 years, has told me multiple times that students have gradually lost their curiosities in academic courses. Over a decade ago when he began his teaching career, students had very limited access to cell phones, laptops or social media and they were much more excited and willing to follow the teachers. As a comparison to this, the students he is teaching now are more worried about how many people are "liking" their posts or what extremely violent web games they will play after school.

In addition to causing the loss of interest of students in school, cell phones, online games, and social media are twisting the values of our children. In the past, behaviors of humbleness, altruism, and trust were praised, but nowadays, thanks to modern technologies, especially social media, children seem to be more fixiated by the news where some rich young celebrity was driving under the influence or having a shopping frenzy in the Beverly Hills. Teachers, who should be the mentors of these kids, are being replaced by web blogs and opinionated posts when it comes to the education of right values.

Having said the above, it would be terribly unfair to ignore the convenience such advanced technologies have brought. Whenever students have acedamic questions, they can simply ask Siri or Google; if they want to sstudy from home or on the go, they have readily available access to online learning. Our lives are not and will never be what they used to be. Unfortunately, these incredible tools are not being exploited enough.

In conclusion, instead of being the guide of wisdom, certain technologies today have become hurdles to our children's education, which is by no means acceptable. Parents and schools are highly encouraged to think twice before introducing their kids into the technology world of temptations.

TPO32:

Integrated:

The reading passage lays out three possible theories as to where the strange sounds of 'quackers' came from. According to the professor, there are distinct problems that lie underneath each of these theories.

The first arguement proposed in the passage attempts to convince us that the 'quackers' were made by ocra whales. Although the speaker admits the existence of these whales roughly where the Russian submarines stationed, the whales tended to inhabit on the surface of the ocean instead of deep in the water where the submarines were. In addition, should the sounds have been from the ocra whales, the sailors would have been able to detect them.

The second theory available in the passage states that the sounds were in fact caused by giant squid. The lecturer points out that even though the squid might be a better candidate, it is unlikely that they were the creators of these sounds. This is because the 'quackers' were first noticed in the 1960s and disappeared in the 1980s, but the squid have been living under the ocean long before and long after the strange sounds were found, which indicates that the second theory is not plausible.

The third hypothesis raised in the passage claims that the 'quackers' were from the submarines of another country that were patrolling the region. The prefessor is not convinced that this hyphothesis would hold up because the engines of the submarines would make sounds, which would be loud enough to be picked up by the Russian submarines. Furthermore, there was no way that the submarines of the other country would move so fast as the movement of the 'quackers' indicated. It seems that the third hyphothesis fails to be reasonable enough to explain the cause of the strange sounds.

Independent:

This writing task reminds me of a serious topic I put plenty of thoughts on when I was in college. Are people happier today with all the modern convenience and wealth that is presented to them? What was once a puzzle to me has become so clear - people are and should be happier and more satisfied than people in the old days.

The first evidence to my conculsion comes from the stories my mother has been telling me since I was a child. The one distinctive idea, which is the noticable center of her stories, is that people, in general, have become wealthier. Being wealthy in my mother's perspective is not equal to being affordable to luxury items such as Chanel or Land Rover. For her, wealth has a more humble meaning: children can purchase new clothes if they want to; senior citizens need not to worry about food or health care when they have become too old to work. My mother told me that when she was a little girl, she needed to walk 20 miles to a different village to take a hot shower in the winter. It is my mother's moderate idea, which I completely agree, that people are and absolutely should be grateful about the life they have today.

Looking beyond the increased quality of life my mother has witnessed, it is also marked that humans are being bathed in the most advanced technologies of the entire history of earth. Take the cellphone as an example. How convenient it is now when you need to search for certain information, all you need to do is to tap your index finger on your phone! As a comparison, around a decade ago when my parents bought my first cell phone, I was already overwhelmed that I could only text or call anyone whenever I wanted. In addition to cellphones, so many other modern inventions and innovations have reshaped and improved people's living such as central AC and computer.

Where there's gold, there's dirt. It is only fair to admit that wealth and advanced technologies have also set forth challenges people have never witnessed in the past. Global warming, animal distinction, enormous gap between the poor and the rich - just to name a few. It is always easy to blame the delelopment of economy and science for every problem we have now, but people should possess more gratitute toward the treauses they have been granted. Furthermore, humankind should also remember that only economy and science can truely solve the problems that are in existence today.

TPO31

Integrated:

The passage claims that the vessels found were not likely to be sued as elctric batteries for various reasons. According to the lecturer, however, the arguments provided in the reading passage is far from convincing. In fact, the hyphothesis that the vessels were batteries might be correct.

The first reason available in the passage is that the vessels need to be attached to electricity conductors in order to be used as batteries while no metal wires were located near the vessels. The speaker points out that the vessles were not discovered directly by archaeologists. Instead, they were found by local people who might overlooked if there were metal materials around the vessles or they might have thrown the metal away as the metal might appeared to be uninteresting.

The second arguement provided in the passage is that the vessels were likely to be used for holding scrolls since the shape of these vessels resembles that of the copper cylinder discovered in the ruins of Seleucia. According to the lecturer, the resemblance in shape can be explained that the vessels were orginally designed for the purpose of holding scrolls, but as time went by, intellectual people may find that the vessels could generate electriciy when filled with water and other metal materials. The original usage could have been altered over time.

The third point presented in the passage is the lack of proper divice for which the electricity could be used for. Althought this might be true, the speaker further explains that, the electricity could be used for things other than electricy-replied device. For example, ancient poeple might present the phenomenon of electricity generated from the vessels as magic since they could cause shock or tingling when connected to people. Furthermore, the electricity could have been used for medical purposes as practiced in other periods of our history.

Independent:

GIVE BACK TO OUR COMMUNITIES

As the world's economy is growing and technology is advancing, our culture and tradition of altruism seems to be unbalancedly fading. Especially among young people who are soon to become the backbones of our society, the actions of helping their communities are practiced far from enough. A number of factors have contributed to this trend, a few of which will be discussed below.

The first thing to be blamed is that young people are educated to be overly protective of their own rights and benefits. It seems that the mainstream culture is strongly suggesting that people look after their own intests before reaching out to help others. When I was in shcool, teachers always instructed to be aware of our own safety before helping other people. Although this concept itself may not be flawed, people are taking this doctorine to far. For example, in China where I was born and raised, when young people see senior citizens who have fallen down and are apparently in need of help, a large portion of them would walk away because they were afraid that if they help the senior citizens, there might be a chance that the senior citizens blame those who helped them stand up for the fall . Young people would rather not put their intersts at risk.

Another devil that's playing against altruism is massive media. The traditional humble virtues like honestly, altruism, politeness seem to be long gone, being replaced by profit, selfishness, etc. Helping others are not as socially rewarded as they used to be. When you turn on the TV, how many times do you see stories about people helping their communities? On the contrary, how many times do you see reports about colleage students become millionaires over night? Based on my experice, the answer to the former question is "few" and to the latter is "too many."

Having said the above, it's worth being pointed out that by no way do I mean that young people are not help other people or helping our communities. Indeed, I have read heart-warming stories where young people donate they organs when they know they are about to die due to a servere car accidents.

What I intend to address is that in general, young people nowadays are not donating enough time and efforts to our communities. As such, we should embrace and bring back our traditional values that are evergreen: honesty, altruism, trust, politeness, etc.
收藏收藏12 收藏收藏12
沙发
发表于 2015-10-14 21:51:27 | 只看该作者
Mark一下!               
板凳
发表于 2015-10-14 21:55:33 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
地板
发表于 2015-10-14 22:01:58 | 只看该作者
同意!               
5#
发表于 2015-10-14 22:02:35 | 只看该作者
同意!               
6#
发表于 2015-10-14 22:10:29 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
7#
发表于 2015-10-14 22:26:40 | 只看该作者
跪谢!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8#
发表于 2015-10-14 22:29:06 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
9#
发表于 2015-10-14 23:06:40 | 只看该作者
同意!
10#
发表于 2015-10-14 23:11:15 | 只看该作者
看一下!               
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-7 20:40
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部