返回列表 发新帖
查看: 1158|回复: 6
打印 上一主题 下一主题

关于manhattan sc 5th,求教各位大牛!

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-3-11 23:35:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
上周一周时间扫过一遍manhattan sc 5th,初步有了做题的感觉;但是感觉还是没有成系统,觉得最后面几章节(11、12、13)没讲到什么内容,有点乱;我是只做了OG diagnostic test上的题目后就开始分项看辅导书的,SC——CR——RC;是不是因为做题少没感觉的原因?

计划是上周过完曼哈顿SC,本周刷CR bible;同时每晚坚持做SC 10道题目;过曼哈顿的时候也是每晚5到10道题目;

我的问题有两个:
要不要再刷一遍SC?
关于CR Bible,怎么阅读会效率高些?比如哪些章节可以细读,哪些章节一带而过即可?

先谢过了!
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
7#
发表于 2013-4-9 21:54:09 | 只看该作者
great benefit. thx
6#
发表于 2013-3-15 13:14:20 | 只看该作者
I just went thru Manhattan for three times, and did all OG SC test. At my third time, I did realize the importance of the latter chapters,so I would suggest you go through them again. Maybe you can do OG SC before another time of Manhattan reading
5#
发表于 2013-3-14 13:44:48 | 只看该作者
Hello. Congratulations on your work through SC. I think, however, that you are not asking the right questions. Should you go through SC again? Only if you need to. I would break this advice into two parts (1 -- assessment & 2 -- critical reasoning):

(1) Before you read SC again, take another practice test from either MBA.com or manhattan. Since you bought the books, you will have access to their practice tests. Take the practice test and review your SC. I don’t just mean look at the questions, I mean seriously analyze the question type & the level of difficulty. You need to make a spreadsheet with all of your missed questions & all of your missed “topics” (that is, verbs, idioms, whatever).
As you take the practice tests, you will notice patterns of mistakes. You need to go back into SC to re-learn those patterns of mistakes. I know you are not “feeling” the test, but you really need to understand what you don’t feel. You are not confident; that’s clear. But why not? Is it a GMAT thing or an English thing?

For idiom questions, you unfortunately have to memorize them. As a native English speaker,  will get most idioms correct by using my ear, but I have to remember my rules when looking at modifiers, because native English speakers, quite frankly, speak incorrectly.

I would pay special attention to: subject-verb agreement, parallelism, & collective nouns. As you learn CR, go back to verb tense (since verb tense is about meaning and logic instead of “grammar” rules).

Finally, whenever you read your SC, you really need to understand the sentence. Who is doing what, when. Why is it happening. How is it happening. If you truly understand the sentence, then a lot of the logic (Who is ACTUALLY hurting the dolphins?) will naturally fall into place. Make sureyou understand what you are reading and the rest will work.

(2) Critical Reasoning.

CR is a different beast. You need to focus on finding assumptions. A neat little trick for CR (every answer refers to the assumption the argument is making, in one way or another). So, you know that Manhattan is a little bit too verbose in this section (they write too much). But, if you focus on FINDING ASSUMPTIONS, you will do much better.

For example, 5 questions are (assumption, strengthen, weaken, if true... lend support, & if true... cast doubt):

All of these questions are really asking you to either write the assumption, negate the assumption, or provide information that refers to the assumption or makes the assumption totally wrong.

It will take more than a few paragraphs to teach “how” to answer these questions, but if you are just starting, you absolutely MUST find the assumptions in every argument. If you do that, it means you “Get” it. Focus on that in your CR review.

Best of luck

Craig
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2013-3-12 10:46:30 | 只看该作者
来人解释下哇
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-3-12 08:21:02 | 只看该作者
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-3-11 23:36:05 | 只看该作者
顶!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-28 21:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部