ChaseDream
搜索
12下一页
返回列表 发新帖
00:00:00

The first shots of the American Revolution, fired at Lexington and Concord. Massachusetts, were, according to legend, heard around the world, but news of these shots, which were sent by swift messenger, took four days in reaching New York City as well as another additional eleven days to reach Charleston, South Carolina.

正确答案: E

更多相关帖子

帖子

好友

积分

ChaseDream

注册时间
2003-03-17
精华
解析
查看: 5575|回复: 14
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[求助]GWD-18-Q18在原有讨论基础上求教~谢谢

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-12-21 23:04:36 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
The first shots of the American Revolution, fired at Lexington and Concord.  Massachusetts, were, according to legend, heard around the world,
but news of these shots, which were sent by swift messenger, took four days in reaching New York City as well as another additional eleven days
to reach Charleston, South Carolina.
A.    shots, which were sent by swift messenger, took four days in reaching New York City as well as another additional eleven days
B.    shots that was sent by swift messenger took four days in order to reach New York City, and also another eleven days
C.    shots that were sent by swift messenger took four days to reach New York City and another eleven days
D.    shots took four days by swift messenger in order to reach New York City and another eleven days in addition    
E.    shots took four days by swift messenger to reach New York City and another eleven days

正确答案E,本人选择B,首先在Prep中注明有:in order to相当于to do。其次原文中(即A中)有 be sent by,是否应该尊重原文不应该随意删减改变原文?与此条相比,B选项中的also和another的重复是否算是小错误,这样相对选择是不是应该选B呢?
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
15#
发表于 2013-7-20 14:39:41 | 只看该作者
in order to 表示为了做某事,带有强烈的目的性
to do 仅仅表示去做某事,用来做某事
打个比方, It took me an hour to go to school.
                It took me an hour in order to go to school.
感受一下就明白了。。。
而且固定搭配 took sb. +一段时间 to to sth.
14#
发表于 2012-5-3 13:47:58 | 只看该作者
选项C,shots that were sent by swift messenger took four days to reach New York City and another eleven days,
1) swift messenger 送的从逻辑上看应是news比较合适,所以用was更合理
2) 限制性定语从句that有就近修饰that的歧义, 而且限定性定语从句与主句的关系很紧凑,对其先行词起限定、修饰的作用,用在这里产生了有些特定的news是sent by swift messenger
13#
发表于 2012-3-1 19:31:44 | 只看该作者
这题答案是E没什么问题。但是我跟饭饭产生了一样的疑问,in order to和to do是不是都是表示目的状语,用法意思是等同的呢?
我找到了Ron的解释,原来in order to跟to do还是有差别的,用法稍有不同的:
(b) has "in order to", which is incorrect.
"IN ORDER TO" specifies the GOAL or PURPOSE of an action.

i took four days to finish the project -- correct
i took four days in order to finish the project -- incorrect
here, the second version is incorrect because “a finished project” is not a goal; it just describes what took four days.

i took four days off work in order to finish the project -- correct
in this case, my purpose in taking four days off work -- i.e., the goal that i hoped to achieve by doing so -- was to finish the project.

i was supposed to finish the project in one day, but i took four days in order to produce it more carefully
same sort of thing.

BTW:in addition是另外、此外的意思,我觉得这里他是和another重复了。

The first shots of the American Revolution, fired at Lexington and Concord.  Massachusetts, were, according to legend, heard around the world,
but news of these shots, which were sent by swift messenger, took four days in reaching New York City as well as another additional eleven days
to reach Charleston, South Carolina.
A.    shots, which were sent by swift messenger, took four days in reaching New York City as well as another additional eleven days
B.    shots that was sent by swift messenger took four days in order to reach New York City, and also another eleven days
C.    shots that were sent by swift messenger took four days to reach New York City and another eleven days
D.    shots took four days by swift messenger in order to reach New York City and another eleven days in addition    
E.    shots took four days by swift messenger to reach New York City and another eleven days

正确答案E,本人选择B,首先在Prep中注明有:in order to相当于to do。其次原文中(即A中)有 be sent by,是否应该尊重原文不应该随意删减改变原文?与此条相比,B选项中的also和another的重复是否算是小错误,这样相对选择是不是应该选B呢?

-- by 会员 泾渭不凡 (2011/12/21 23:04:36)

12#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-25 21:10:17 | 只看该作者
b那个定语从句that修饰的是 news of these shots 这个整体。算是个mission-critical
-- by 会员 12604698 (2011/12/25 19:23:45)

thnx~Merry Christmas
Mission critical refers to any factor of a system (equipment, process, procedure, software, etc.) whose failure will result in the failure of business operations. That is, it is critical to the organization's 'mission'.
11#
发表于 2011-12-25 19:23:45 | 只看该作者
b那个定语从句that修饰的是 news of these shots 这个整体。算是个mission-critical
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-25 13:53:08 | 只看该作者
(1)b的was单复数错了。
(2)in order to 只能引导目的状语。而 to do 功能比这个多。
他和to do 在引导目的状语时意思上一样。
如果to do 也可以很好的表达目的,不会产生其他歧义。直接不定式简洁。
(3)prep笔记原句说法值得商榷。。有无数的反例可以推翻这个说法。
(4)这道题的修饰可以不用定语从句,不用被动。用了很wordy·
(5)这里take+ 时间 +to do 规定搭配  in order to 不行
-- by 会员 12604698 (2011/12/25 11:38:51)

万分感激啊,(2)~(5)很明确了,谢谢。这里弱弱的问一句:B中的was不是因为从句修饰的是news么?这样不是不会造成修饰对象不明确么?
不过由于本人很弱智的忘记了考察 take * to do,乱七八糟钻牛角尖。感激啊。
9#
发表于 2011-12-25 11:38:51 | 只看该作者
(1)b的was单复数错了。
(2)in order to 只能引导目的状语。而 to do 功能比这个多。
他和to do 在引导目的状语时意思上一样。
如果to do 也可以很好的表达目的,不会产生其他歧义。直接不定式简洁。
(3)prep笔记原句说法值得商榷。。有无数的反例可以推翻这个说法。
(4)这道题的修饰可以不用定语从句,不用被动。用了很wordy·
(5)这里take+ 时间 +to do 规定搭配  in order to 不行
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-25 10:38:17 | 只看该作者
大家都去过圣诞了?一月有考试的童鞋过来看看啊?3X~~
7#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-12-24 21:49:51 | 只看该作者
up
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-9-19 12:31
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部