[备考日记] 【acrophobiahy的托福听力练习贴】

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-5-2 13:05:41 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
?????? 听 写 计 划 ??????

听力材料:
           历年托福PART C
      Scientific American 60-Second Science(也就是大家常说的SSS)
      OG
      TPO

听力计划:

1.每天听写1篇PART C、一篇SSS;
       修正,整理笔记,记录盲区。
       朗读15+,跟读5+;

2.OG、TPO的练习跟上,重点练习如何记录段子中的关键点。
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-2 17:28:31 | 只看该作者

2012-05-02

20080101 SSS

This is Scientific American
s sixty seconds(second) science. I'msteven mirky(Steve Mirsky).Got a munite?

Happy New Year!And dontfeel bad abouttaking today off.After all, you've traveled far. AndI'm not being talk about the trip home from a(the) party last night. According to an essay(NASA), just by being on planet earthin thelast year, youve zipped584million miles around the sun to get where  you were at a (an average)speed of 67,ooo miles per hour. Again, not taking about your(the)drive home last night.

Of course, the trip was not a perfect circle. As Kepler show (showed),the earths orbit is an eclapse(ellipse), with the sun at one or (of) the two fugal (focal) points.He also figured out that the planet goes faster whenits at perihelion,the _ is near (nearer)the sun, then_ is for the distancethan its at aphelion, its furthest distance, which would explain why summer seems to zip by, except the seasons are afunction of the tilt of the earths axis, not its different distances from the sun. And the earth rotates 365 and a quarter times during its sweeparound the sun.The trip takes 8,766 hours or 31,557,600seconds or 5 hundreds 25thousand 9 hundred 60(525,960)minutes,just like this one.

Thanks for the minutes for the scientific American’s sixty seconds(second) science.. i'm steven mirky(Steve Mirsky).

原文:

This is Scientific Americans' 60-Second Science. I am Steve Mirsky. Got a minute?

Happy New Year! And don’t feel bad about taking today off. After all, you’ve traveled far. And I’m not talking about the trip home from the party last night. According to NASA, just by being on the planet earth in the last year, you’ve zipped about 584 million miles around the sun to get back where you were. At an average speed of about 67,000 miles per hour. Again, not talking about the drive home last night.

Of course, the trip was not a perfect circle. As Kepler showed, the earth’s orbit is an ellipse, with the sun at one of the two focal points. He also figured out the planet goes faster when it’s at perihelion, nearer the sun, than when it’s at aphelion, its furthest distance. Which would explain why summer seems to zip by, except the seasons are a function of the tilt of the earth’s axis, not its different distances from the sun. And the earth rotated 365 and a quarter times during its sweep around the sun. The trip took 8,766 hours. Or 31,557,600 seconds. Or 525,960 minutes just like this one.

Thanks for the minute for Scientific Americans' 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky.

NASA ['næs?] 美国航天航空管理局

zip n.拉链,迅速地移动

ellipse n.椭圆,椭圆形

focal point n.焦点

perihelion [?peri'hi:li?n] n.近日点,最高点

aphelion n.远日点

tilt

the tilt of the earths axis n.地轴

sweep
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-11 10:27:57 | 只看该作者

2012-05-11

part c 08-01
(woman) Word comes from Californiaof a new weapon in the world war on household pests. Two scientists working for afirm in Anaheim, California, have developed amethod to limit eliminateinsects without using dangerous chemicals. The new poison? Hot air.

The basic idea is that insects cannot adjust to temperaturesmuch above normal. In laboratory experiments, cockroachesand termites can't survive much more than aquarter of an hour at 125 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 50 degrees centigrade.

The new method involves covering a house with a huge tent filled and fillingit with air heated to around 65 degreescentigrade. Hot air is forced in with fans, andthe tent keeps the heating heat inside the house. Since insects might termitestry to escape by hiding in wooden beams, the heat treatment must be continuedfor a full six hours. But when it's all over,and the insects are dead, there are no toxic residuesto endanger humans or pets, and no funny smells.

Scientists claim that there is no danger of fire, either, since very few household materialswill burn at 65 degrees centigrade. In fact, what wood is prepared for construction use by driving drying it to in ovens at 80degree centigrade, which is substantially hotterthan the air used in this procedure.

pest  害虫
cockroach  蟑螂
termite  白蚁
fahrenheit  华氏度
fan  风扇
toxic  有毒的,因中毒引起的
residue  残渣,剩余物
funny  稍感不适的
oven  炉灶,烤箱烤炉
substantially  相当多的,大大的
地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-12 10:41:30 | 只看该作者

Part c 08-02[2012-05-11]

Part c 08-02
(woman) I'm sure you realize that your research papers are doing due in six weeks. I've looked at your proposed topics and made comments about them. The most frequent problem was proposing too broad a topic --- remember, this is only a fifteen-page paper.

As I return your topic papers, I'd like to look over the and schedule which sketches out what we'll do during the next two weeks. Today is Monday; by Friday, I want your preliminary outline. Please be short in sure to incorporate the suggestions I've made on your topics in your outlines. Next week I'll have a conference with each of you. I've posed posted a schedule on my office door --- sign your name to indicate the time you're available for an appointment. In the conference, we'll discuss your preliminary outline. Then you can make the necessary revisions and hand in your final outline, which is due two weeks from today.

Use the outline style in your textbook and remember it should be no more than two pages long. Be sure to begin with a thesis statement --- that is, with a precise statement of the point you intend to prove --- and include a conclusion.

Have you got all that? Your two-page preliminary outlines that's are due at the end of this week and the final outlines are due after your conferences. Follow the textbook style and include a thesis statement and a conclusion.

Preliminary outline
Fanal outline
Incorporate
5#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-12 10:59:33 | 只看该作者

part c 08-03 [2012-05-11]

(man)  Before we begin our tour, I'd like to give you some background information on the painter Grand Grant Wood --- we'll be seeing much of his work today.

Wood was born in 1881 in Iowa farm country, and became interested in art very early in life. Although he studied art in both Minneapolis and at the Art Institute of Chicago, the strongest influences on his art is were European. He spent time in both Germany and France and his study there helped shape his own style stylized form of realism.

When he returned to Iowa, Wood applied the style of stylistic realism he had learned in Europe to the rural life he saw around him and that he remembered from his childhood around the turn of the century. His portraits of farm families imitate the static formalism of photographs of early settlers posed in front of their homes. His paintings of farmers at work, and of their tools and animals, demonstrate a serious respect for the life of the Midwestern United States. By the 1930's, Wood was a leading figure of the school of art called "American originalism regionalism."

In an effort to sustain a strong Midwestern artistic movement, Wood established an institute of Midwestern art in his home state. Although the institute failed, the paintings you are about to see preserve Wood's vision of pioneer farmers.

Stylized 风格化的
Stylistic 风格上的
Portrait 肖像画
Imitate 模仿 效法
Formalism 形式主义
Regionalism 地方色彩,地方主义
Sustain 维持,支持
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-12 07:13
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部