查看: 16307|回复: 38
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[排名] 【BW数据深层排名】:来自校友的心声1

[精华] [复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-1-15 20:52:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
排名背景,请先看下帖:
http://forum.chasedream.com/North_American_MBA/thread-497540-1-1.html?SearchText=%E5%B0%B1%E4%B8%9A

残酷的就业形势,可以通过Ross, Fuqua, Johnson等一流商学院的就业数据来体会。
在这样的环境下,刚毕业的校友们对于自己的母校是如何评价的呢?
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/提供了每所学校大约1315comment。我们不看数据,纯感性的来排个名。
M7档次:
1. MIT
2. HBS
3. Stanford
4. ChicagoBooth
5. Wharton
6. Kellogg
7. Columbia

Top 16档次:
8. Yale / Hass
10. UCLA
11. Darden
12. Tuck
13. NYU Stern
14. Johnson
15. Ross
16. Duke Fuqua
收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 20:52:59 | 只看该作者
#1 MIT
对于MIT,校友们没有一句负面评价!
这是很让人惊讶的,M7中唯一。
大家都这么满意,就第一名吧。
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 20:57:36 | 只看该作者
#2 HBS
HBS的校友们对于学校的不满,大致在于
1. case method。这是个很有趣的事情,因为似乎Darden也有人不满这个。
2. 氛围。可能不是每个人都适合激烈的竞争环境。

总体来说,这个学校排名第二,很少有人嫌排得太高了吧?

-Harvard Business Schoolsocial experience is awful, but I am definitely more prepared todeal with the real world now.

-The experience can be impersonal and we don't get to visit companies as part of the tuition/feeswe pay, which is what I wanted most out of the experience.

-Overall Harvard Business School was a greatexperience; my only substantial complaints would deal with their occasionallyinappropriate unyielding adherence to the case study method and the frustratingsubjectivity of their grading. Having come from an undergraduateexperience majoring in the sciences (physics), the relative lack of feedback inconjunction with forced grading curves proved quite difficult to adjust to.

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 20:58:51 | 只看该作者
#3 Stanford

斯坦福的校友似乎都要强调一下,即便他们对于这个学校不满,他们也不相信有更好的学校了。
基于此,其实我认为给他第三名有些亏了。
但是,唉,主观排名么,希望谅解。

-Whilethe quality of teaching in the first year at Stanford is not excellent, Isuspect this is the case at most of the top research universities. Iused to gripe about this, but the second year has far exceeded my expectations.The electives at Stanford are excellent as are the extracurricular activities.I went on FIVE business school trips that opened my eyes and my network. Thisincludes examining the coffee supply chain in Guatemala,exploring healthcare innovations at the bottom of the pyramid in India, meeting with a diversity of C-levels inluxury in Paris, and debating with activists,politicians, financiers and managers in China on energy supply and demandand the environment.

-The program was extremely disappointing but at the same time, people viewStanford as so elite the brand alone is worth it. Was better for me than someof my friends because of personality and geography. And frankly I doubt any of theother top programs are much (or any) better based on talking to peers.MBA is a racket, but since everyone believes in it it's a valuable way to takea quasi-vacation.

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:00:51 | 只看该作者
#4 Chicago Booth

针对就业的抱怨可以理解。不过第二位仁兄很有意思,居然觉得自己学得不够多?此人真的是觉得到商学院就是去学习的呢。
总体来说complaint很少,第四名。

-The financial crisis completely blindsided career services. They did notexpect the tightening up in the job market. Although job and internshipplacement remained somewhat close to previous years, it did not show how manypeople had to take second or third choices

-In a poor job market the recruiting process is overly competitive andstressful, to the point where it compromises learning in the classroom.Unfortunately, this year it felt like an intense job placement process with afew free lectures thrown in.

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:03:04 | 只看该作者
#5 Wharton
我一直坚持认为Wharton是MBA教育的正统。当然他也有不足,如下面几位仁兄所言。

-I was surprised that the curriculum was not as strong as I expected. Iexpected that the core courses would be a very efficient, integrated “Cliff’s notes”version of everything I needed to know about starting and running a business,but it’s not there. Offsetting my disappointment with thecurriculum, however, was the opportunity to interact with students from aroundthe world. My career plans are very US-centric, but I’m very happythat I’ve been able to learn so much about the rest of the world.

-Wharton needs help with branding because it cannot leverage its undergradinstitutions the way Harvard and Stanford can. Wharton appeared to be veryacademic and quantitative before I arrived at school but during my experience,I have pursued so many leadership and student life activities that were aboveand beyond my expectations.

-I would not recommend Wharton for those seeking a purely general managementposition, however. The course offerings and expectations of employers (andcompanies interviewing on campus) are few.

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:03:22 | 只看该作者
#6 Kellogg
Kellogg的校友对于就业服务似乎略有微词。

-I don't believe the Kellogg brand was enough to leverage me into a careerchange in a tough economic environment. Moreover, the Career Centerstaff is downright incompetent.

-Not enough career support for international students.

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:05:51 | 只看该作者
#7 Columbia
抱怨是如此之多,我其实快怀疑,Columbia是否可以列入M7了。(原谅我的直率)
也不难理解,为何巴菲特从Columbia毕业后不怎么愿意捐助母校了。
但是它的地理位置,决定了该校稳坐很多人心目中的最佳MBA。

-Living as a student in NYC is painful unless you're (1) rich, (2) trust-fundbaby, or (3) company is paying for it.

-Overall, it's a very good program although some of the core classes are notvery good. But the experience, exposure, network and location are the key atCBS.

-Core curriculum was a complete waste of time/money. Far too much of a focus onalcohol-infused events loosely masked as "networking" instead ofactually learning. Far too much of a focus on I-banking and consulting, and ifneither are of interest to you (I came from I-banking and would NEVER return)you're on your own. Academic rigor was laughable, and forced "teamprojects" were usually unnecessary and after first semester simply becameexercises in delegation/taking turns. WAY too much overlap in certainclasses/concepts (this was a huge disappointment to me).

-Columbia hadfar less community than I expected and hoped for--a lot of students seem todisappear into the city on weekends, especially if they lived here beforeschool. The quality of students in the admitted body is uneven--I've dealt witha large number of students on team projects that do not seem to be responsible,motivated or intelligent. The business school seems to devote few resourcesoutside of finance and banking as career paths. If you want to start a businessor study strategy, the course offerings are slim.

-I find it a shame that ethics and FUNDAMENTAL economic principles were not afocus. Instead of requiring "plant operations" and marketing conceptsas core classes, how about providing all future business leaders with afoundation in various economic schools of thought!? Columbia prides itself as a prestigeinstitution, but my impression is one of a glorified trade school. My mostintellectually stimulating classes were the electives I took outside thebusiness school in other Columbiagraduate schools (and the amount of work in such classes was WELL beyond thatrequired by the b-school classes...go figure).

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:06:41 | 只看该作者
#8 Yale / Hass
干净,只能说干净。
此二校也许是很会找“match”的学生,毕业生对他们零抱怨。
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2011-1-15 21:06:56 | 只看该作者
#10 UCLA Anderson

很多人觉得UCLA要为留在Top15中而努力了。
但是他们的校友可不这么看。只有一条抱怨,对于他们的就业服务的。
给个鼓励吧,第10名。

-The career center could use a bit of improving - but this may be because thejob economy is in a slump right now, and I'm sure if UCLA Anderson receivesenough funding, it can improve many aspects of its program. However, it IS astate school - and I feel that for what I paid for, my expectations were metand exceeded.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-19 05:14
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部