ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 19102|回复: 85
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[备考日记] 不破楼兰终不还 +@ibt fighting diary(7月28日厦门)

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2007-3-18 23:58:00 | 只看该作者

不破楼兰终不还 +@ibt fighting diary(7月28日厦门)

1.所在城市:厦门

2.考试日期:7月

3.目前状况(在职,还是在读,或其他)大三下

4.准备申请的国家和专业
北美,生物
5.英语大致水平

去年考过10g

http://forum.chasedream.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=19&id=265303&star=1#265303

同考场的机经。

[此贴子已经被作者于2007-7-28 22:48:15编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2007-3-19 06:39:00 | 只看该作者
加油.北美这边生物的还真是多呢
板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-19 22:12:00 | 只看该作者

ibt fighting:

1 read chapter 1 and writing guides of OG in the afternoon

2 dictation: twe 39, unfortunately, i delete it during my developmental biology class for more space in my mp3 to copy the ppt.

3 the most interesting: I followed sorrowfish's advice to record what i did today in my mp3 on my way back from Dr. Cao's western medical history class.

All in all, my plan of ibt fighting has not carried out yet, probably for my laziness and difficult courses such as developmental biology and neurosciences. Besides, i find that my moral is a bit low these days...

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-19 22:36:00 | 只看该作者

sparkles:

one method that sorrowfish quoted from jason's instruction that might help me improve my spoken english:

record what u do today for merely 3 minutes, briefly, coherently and fluently. 2 months later, when u listen to these records again, although u might be embarrased to find that it is entirely riduculous or u are so hesitant to speak, speculative advancement will be made if u keep practicing ur spoken english via this method.

Then, my courses, Neuroscience and developmental biology. When I attend the developmental biology class in the morning, I was astonished to find that only eight students participated in the class including two who did not select it. Not to mention we have no text book or reference book, the teacher's voice are so low, almost without any passion at all, which undermine the interesting courses, though proved to be extremely difficult! Neuroscience class was nearly the same, with the teacher's illustration even more boring...

Fortunately, I attended Dr Cao's class in the medical college this evening. Cao talked about Great Alexander and the Issus war, as well as Aristotle, Rome and so forth. Despite that her course was named western medical history, she mentioned so little about medical or biology.Instead, she was nearly "infatuated" in showing the glorious geography and history of Europe thousands of years ago. It is so leisurely to think and talk about things that are so far away chronically, given that we are engaging in such a mass in everyday life.

After the class, sorrowfish and I are curious about where the Corpus Room is in the medical college building. We searched for them from the first floor to the fifth floor by the lift. To our great disappointment, not any sign of corpus was found in the building, except for the odor of HCHO...Then, we left with even more guessing...

5#
发表于 2007-3-19 23:55:00 | 只看该作者
以前很多人用英语日记的办法来锻炼写作能力,楼主用口语录音来记录挺好的,可以帮助适应IBT的口语考试。而且多用英语思考,对整个主观题部分的解答会有不小帮助。

另外,托福考试的题材,历史部分,根据机经来看,变得更加“全球化”了。出现了世界各地的历史内容,不像旧托福,主要考察美国历史。
6#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-21 13:14:00 | 只看该作者

March 20

grey day~

ibt:

GRE reverse sequence: 50pages-reminded me of the days that fighting for GRE, although myriads of words have been forgotten. Then I have to recognize and remember them time and time again, just as now, a new march is beginning...

listening and writing: none...

speaking: I passed through English corner in the evening, though I blamed myself for shyness or anxiety of wasting my time in studying. However, I should be determined to do something, actually...

Genetic and molecular experiment seems to be difficult and time-consuming...stear up!

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-21 23:13:00 | 只看该作者

March 21

Today is a copy of yesterday, with more classes and even more confusing and tiring experiment to do...

This afternoon, I tore almost 20 Drosophila lavas......to get their saliva gland and dissociate their huge chromosomes.

It was such a exhausting task that I did not accomplish it until half past seven. Ultimately, myriads of clear chromosomes were observed under the microscope. How exciting I was! Even ecstacy!

Biological experiments become more and more time-consuming, with higher command of carefulness and consistency. Under the circumstance of thousands of failor, you must never give up, just keep on trying and improve your skill and method. Anyone who do not take the experiment seiously would not be a good biology student, do not they?

A bit, a little, a lot tired......

My ibt fighting, when will it be systematically started?

sigh~~~

Immunology on Tomorrow morning, and signal transduction...

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-23 22:30:00 | 只看该作者

March 23

painstaking and time-consuming

要去报ibt了,一度是因为课程多且可怕,但是仍然有enjoyable and necessity, 相信自己……

如果不去报ibt,就没有挡箭牌,就会人人以为我特闲,就没啥鞭策,以致于专业课都学不了了。

于是要去报ibt, as soon as possible...

一个头两个大。

如果能去学习,能学得下来,rapt,是多么澄澈的事情呢。

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-3-24 23:07:00 | 只看该作者

This afternoon, I was determined to remit 1370 rmb to registeration center...

strive!

10#
发表于 2007-3-24 23:15:00 | 只看该作者

定下了目标,就努力吧!

这里顺带说一下,申请生物的中国学生很多,而去了之后大都是要给那里的教授做实验(打工),也就是说,实验能力和申请奖学金或者助学金有一定的关系。最好自己在国内也注意一下这方面的训练,这样在申请材料里也好有所体现。具体事宜楼主可以问问系里的老师,已经出国的学长等。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: TOEFL / IELTS

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-12 12:55
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部