搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cartmanbmw
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Anderson admit answers Q & CA gathering

[精华] [复制链接]
61#
发表于 2004-2-28 18:24:00 | 只看该作者
I just went to see my status and was happy that it has been changed to "complete".     I submitted the application at the end of last Nov. but the adcom insisted that they did not receive my TOEFL score and would not review my package until it comes.     It seems that UCLA does not care the applicants.     So I had to contact ETS to resend my score.     It's very time consuming.

I wonder if the round two decision has been made.     In that case, I am afraid I have to wait until round three.

Anyway, I got the offer from another better school.     But the experience with UCLA is not that pleased.

62#
发表于 2004-3-19 00:32:00 | 只看该作者
WOW! you are something, since Anderson is all that is haunting me    these days. I am gonna catch up    you there and find out who u are!
63#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-3-30 16:21:00 | 只看该作者
It's been a while    since I attended the Anderson Days, finally    can squeeze some moments here to share with you a few updates about Anderson:

1. The current Dean is leaving. His successor has yet to be announced. This could be a positive thing for Anderson.

2. The tuition issue is still hanging. The terminator proposed in his budget a 40% increase in graduate student fee, and a 20% increase in non-resident fee. The Dean estimates the    increase of the tuition would be in the range of $5000-$9000 dollars per year. But nothing is cast into stone yet. It's still claimed to be the cheapest you can get, quote unquote.

3. The Andeson Days had a large turnout, but over half of people have not made up their mind. Typical    tug of war    are    among Duke, Michigan, Yale, Cornell etc. The usual suspects.

4.    Five alumni spoke on the event, VP from Amgen (did consulting work at    Mckinsey and once DEO of biotech firm), VP from one large IB firm (IB), Director from Fox network (entertainment), President of Riordan Foundation (non-profit), and self-made CEO of a fishing gear store (entrepreneurship). It's quite interesting to notice the Anderson Alumni are much more tightly knitted together than many people thought. Most of these guys found jobs or got helped by his/her alumni.

5. People are really friendly. Maybe that's part of    the purpose of the convention, but in general Anderson students/officers whom I have met over the course are very outgoing and helpful (I do have bad experience with students from some other schools). Nevertheless, this may have more to do with which side of the bed you get off in the morning, so I think we can well quit arguing about this. Just feel for yourself.

BTW, congrats to all those made it in the second round. Hopefully I'll see you in the fall.

My 2 cts,

CartmanBMW

64#
发表于 2004-12-13 17:44:00 | 只看该作者
rebekah 真的不nice
65#
发表于 2004-12-13 20:08:00 | 只看该作者

今天登陆了无数次想apply都没有上去,是人太多还是技术问题? 有点失望……

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-3 21:27
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部