ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: starsailor
打印 上一主题 下一主题

32岁的单身女生,准备申请JD,贷款读,不知以35岁的高龄毕业后能在美国找到好的工作吗?

[精华] [复制链接]
11#
发表于 2005-11-4 21:32:00 | 只看该作者

我觉得,如果LZ目前没有更好的选择,那就去按你的计划做.

两三年时间是很快就会过去的.如果到时学成,找工作的层面肯定比现在会高很多.

不读,三年的时间还是会过去,那时仍是老样子,而且年纪更增.

我同学的阿姨40岁才去美国读的PHD,毕业后进了一家大型国际公司,做到了管理层,去年(还是前年)被提名为全美少数民族杰出女性之一.

无论选择哪一样,确定了就去做.

LZ加油!

12#
发表于 2005-11-5 08:58:00 | 只看该作者

哈!我比你更大,现在身在北美,有家有还在托儿所的第一个孩子,也准备去读JD, 羡慕你年轻啊!我是太满足现状了,直到现在才懂得逼一下自己!

东方女性的生理年龄比西方女性晚,记忆应该没问题。我在一个学校读过一阵书,学习能力和记忆力和比我年轻10多岁的欧洲和北美女性差不多,她们以为我的年龄也跟她们在一个段。

法律总是很有趣的,(中国法律除外!)Try and you'll win!

13#
发表于 2005-11-5 09:17:00 | 只看该作者

有时候年龄越大,学习能力越强。对于律师行业,重要的是综合素质,记忆力只是一方面。况且,只要下功夫,谁都能背颂,就是用的时间多少而已。

14#
发表于 2005-11-5 19:16:00 | 只看该作者

并没有年龄歧视的意思,但是32岁的单身女性再去一个人奋斗,缺少了无畏和心境.而且JD压力也太大了.

15#
发表于 2005-11-5 21:35:00 | 只看该作者

I don't think 32 is too old to begin another life. Choose what you really want, make up your mind going ahead, it is never being late.

16#
发表于 2005-11-5 22:22:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用springparker在2005-11-3 14:42:00的发言:

估计危险 去那里很有可能嫁人,而且30的女人记忆力明显不如20多岁的女孩子

老弟,我33岁,也是女性,正在读gmat,虽然觉得读起来有点辛苦,那是因为多年工作没有再学习的缘故,但是从来没有感到明显的记忆力下降,如果你没有亲身经历,就请不要这样妄下断语。人都是要年纪大的,你现在也许20多岁,以后也要变成30多岁,40多岁,甚至七八十岁的。30岁跟20岁比,体力有所下降,但是智力是不会下降的,尤其是智慧,只会上升。

支持楼主,在中国可能30多岁的女人已经是烂草了,不过在美国也许就不一样,30多岁的女人应该还是有很多机会的。趁着还有青春和热情,赶紧往前冲。

17#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-11-6 00:26:00 | 只看该作者
谢谢各位了,我会认真考虑的,一旦下了决心,就会放手去做.
18#
发表于 2005-11-6 02:53:00 | 只看该作者

I don't think I'd do it if I were 32. As you can see, the average age of first-year enrolled student is 24. If you have a very strong background, that could be another story. But if your background and experience cannot add some more credits for you, I guess your chances are smaller compared with other younger candidates.

I am not trying to discourage you. But we all have to admit that applying for JD is never an easy thing. And studying JD is even more difficult. But still, if this is something you really want, just go for it and try at least.

19#
发表于 2005-11-6 05:38:00 | 只看该作者

There are so many clashing views associated with various cases about whether you should pursue your dream or not.  It is really up to you to discern them.  We are so young with limited vista that we may not have an entire view of our whole life right at this age. Always try to think this way that what you are doing in your age at 50, what kind of life you like most and what kind of preson you want to be.  US is different than China and China is getting closer to US. US encourages everyone to  go boldly with his dream. The dream makes us different.  The ability makes us distinguished.

About the life in US, I don't think you will have any problems with the loan.  Almost all my JD friends live partly on loan and partly on scholarship. Majority of them who already graduated are working in the top 5 law firms. The repayment after graduation is a samll part of their earnings.  But you need hard work for the good socres and rankings for the better chance of getting into the top law firms.  Besides, there will be many other important things,such as new friends,life and view, you will get from this exprience,which is usually far beyond what you currently imagine. I tell what I know about the real life of some JDs in US top law schools. Hope they can give you some ideas.

Everything has its risk. If you don't study JD,then you end up being a Chinese lawyer or whatever. Can you say this career life won't have any risk? Will you not regret? Is that worth risking all your life?  Risk is gone when faced with our determination and efforts. Don't waste too much time thinking, go straight do it. It is alway doing that beats saying and thinking. You will know deeper if you are doing a thing but not  just thinking of it.  You know that well.  In Chinese--- XUE2,SI1,XING2 are integrated with each other.

I 'd happy to know you have a dream with JD.  Not too many people have such a big dream.  I feel really sorry if you give up your dream. As far as the age is concerned, there are many so-called old JDs or even older in top law schools. I agree  wisdom and memory is increasing with the age not otherwise.  You have a thorough view and insight about the theories and cases when getting older.  Memory is boosted with the increasingly deepened interpretation ability.  Memory lapse occurs when you don't pay full concentration or lose will power or interest in the career or life or being careless with life.  If you have a good LSAT score with other things not bad, I don't doubt that you will have fruit from your efforts. Be sincere and honest.  As for the life advice, it is also good to seek the elders' opinions since they accumulate more life experience and could tell us something from the perspectives of being at later stage of the life. There once were ntional poll conducted in France which asked if time went back to sixty years ago, what you would do agian.  60% of elder people say they would study and pursue their dream and they regreted they hadn't. But be careful--- 40% of elder people say other ways. Therefore, it is a matter of personal life style,taste and dream.  Do you regret if you give up?  

Good luck with your application!

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-11-6 7:04:14编辑过]
20#
发表于 2005-11-6 12:15:00 | 只看该作者

Elsaxw, your words even inspire me to purchase my MBA dream. Though not thirty now, I am always thinking about what is my core competence in job market supposing that I get a MBA degree at the age of 30.Is that too late to start a career life?  I found that there are so many wisdom and nice CDer in LSAT board, that is the reason why I come here often though my dream is not JD :=)

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

所属分类: 法学院申请

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-9 05:00
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部