搜索
返回列表 发新帖
楼主: Mengsk
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[录取汇报] Kellogg Or Wharton for Finance PhD

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2011-4-5 05:25:45 | 显示全部楼层
Yeah, I think you should head to Kellogg: good mentor is the most important thing in PhD's study otherwise you will suffer a lot while everyone else think you are enjoying your life.

Also, I suggest you decline your offers you are not considering now to free some space. Thank you very much!
沙发
发表于 2011-4-5 06:59:15 | 显示全部楼层
楼上最后一句让我感觉怎么你是被沃顿waitlist了。呵呵
-- by 会员 Mengsk (2011/4/5 5:37:24)

Oh, it could be Kellogg, NYU, Columbia or UCLA as well, lol
But seriously, don't hesitate la~
板凳
发表于 2011-4-5 15:23:11 | 显示全部楼层
oh, you two got all top PhD Offers: MIT, Chicago, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia, NYU, UCLA and etc.
地板
发表于 2011-4-5 16:04:01 | 显示全部楼层
"I don't think it is easy to go into a top firm in industry after a PhD since phD's are easily pigeonholed into the quant / research corner with less vertical mobility within companies. So I would do it only because I want to be in academia."

-----
This is very true. Going into industry after studying in one of the best PhD programs in Finance in the world is deviating from the fundamentals of this degree and their initiates to grant you the scholarships. "I would do it only because I want to be in academia" is the difference between those with w/e and those who don't, which is why many PhD programs prefer recruiting students from industry since they know what they will be doing.

"I think MIT Econ > Chicago Finance > MIT Finance.在我眼里 纯学术来讲 MIT Econ >= Harvard Econ = HBS > Stanford Finance = Chicago Finance > MIT Finance = NYU Finance > Duke Finance = Kellogg Finance = UCLA Finance = Berkeley Finance= Columbia Finance = Wharton Finance "

-----
I think all of them is good enough. The rest is on yours.
5#
发表于 2011-4-5 16:56:23 | 显示全部楼层
官二代 who is now doing MBAs, PhDs, or doing nothing are also working/thinking hard and thinking about being VERY SUCCESSFUL in China in the long run~ When it comes to the head-on in the real business world, you never know.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-15 04:22
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部