返回列表 发新帖
楼主: cannedpineapple
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Ask Jason@沃顿 (closed)

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2009-2-26 16:36:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hey Jason! I am very interested in Lauder program and wanna know:

1.whether my backgrounds fit the program.2.Does Lauder community closely interact with regular MBA community(I see Lauder program involves a smaller group of students)? 3.how do you see the advantage&disadvantage of Lauder compared with regular MBA program?

Double majored in Spanish & Economics of Peking University,I've worked 4 years for the largest spanish insurance company in China as market analyst(market research,strategy planning and implementation).I have been trained in Manila,Philippines and Spain for over 5 months. I also had a lot of international exposures with Spanish and Latin American community in China.In unversity, I was vice president of AIESEC(world's largest student organization) and was exchanged to India and Singapore during my term.

Fluent in Spanish& English.Native Chinese speaker.

I don't know whether my background will fit better the Lauder program or regular MBA program. Frankly both are my dream.But I think there may be lower probability for me to get in regular MBA program than Lauder. Because I get the impression that second foreign language may be my advantage to apply for Lauder.Am I right?

What's your opinion and suggestion? Look forward to your answers.  Many thanks.(Sorry for the long message...)

沙发
发表于 2009-2-27 18:02:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hi Jason! Many thanks for your detailed answers and sharing. I do agree with you.It´s more important to consider whether the program fits my goals and my own fit with the program than to simply think of whether my ¨backgrounds¨ fit the program. 

Actually through my experience of helping foreign companies to plan or implement their development strategies in China and to approch potential local partners, I´ve found many frustrated experiences of foreign investors are derived from the lack of understanding or misunderstanding on the local people/culture/legal enviornment/market. The same happens to the local companies when they are looking for foreign investors or expanding their business abroad. Actually what I want to do in the future is to help both of them know a foreign market/culture/people,find the proper development strategies and implement the strategies in a most efficient way.So in short term my goal is to work as consultant and in long term I would like to start up my own consulting business.

I think Lauder program is the most ideal platform which could prepare me for reaching my career goals.Because it not only provides regular&systematic training but also enhances multiculture understanding and a lot more...

Well,I think I've said too much about myself and hope won't make you bothered again

Here come my questions:
1.What do you think are the most important criterias for Lauder Program Admission? Especially compared with criterias for regular MBA.
2.If I wanna go back to China to start my career as consultant after MBA although my application language group is Spanish, does it sound logical to the admission committee? If not, what would you suggest to make it sound more logical?
3.In what areas are Lauder Alum usually engaged in?

I sincerely appreciate your time and patience again. Look forward to hearing from you.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-1 19:11
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部