[AWA模板] 收到电子版成绩报告,AWA6,分享魔板

[精华] [复制链接]
楼主
发表于 2006-3-21 22:31:00 | 只看该作者

收到电子版成绩报告,AWA6,分享魔板

感谢CD,我花在作文上的时间总计不超过十小时,却得到了非常满意的分数。AWA字数为王,真正不错的。

我的模版,各位考友参考使用。

AI

_____?  This article aims to present my point of view on this question.  In his argument, the author asserts that ___.  However, there are many people who hold opposing views.  According to them, ___.  It is no wonder that the seemingly simple and straight question could arouse such fierce debate through society, since the issue is so complex and controversial that different people may have different views due to their distinctive education background, personal experience, emotional concern, culture, value, and so forth.  As a matter of fact, there is no universal answer to this question.  Whether one choice takes precedence over the other would quite depend on specific situations.  The decision, consequently, is not an easy one to make.  The final judgment relies on a careful case-by-case analysis.  As far as I am concerned, I partially agree with the author that ___.  However, I do not agree with him that ___.  My positions are based on a deep and fundamental analysis as discussed below.

In the first place, I am quite in favor of the author’s idea that ___.  The reason to be presented to support my view is that ___.  Without ___, it is almost impossible that ___.  Both common sense and personal experience have told us that ___.  Thus, it is apparent that ___.  Otherwise ___.

In the second place, I disagree with the author that ___.  The point for me to argue is that ___.  The reason is simple.  Unless ___, ___.  Coincidentally, a general investigation has been conducted by a research team led by Professor Zhu of business institute of my university recently, discovering that ___.  Hence, my conclusion is not mere proverbial wisdom but a fact supported by empirical statistics.

It may sound somewhat convincing for people to argue that ___.  In stating this position, they assume that ___.  It is further claimed that ___.  However, these claims neither substantiate the argument that ___, nor undermine my point that ___.  

Taking the above considerations into account, I feel quite comfortable to  arrive at the conclusion that ___.

AA

In this argument, the author asserts/predicts that ___.  To substantiate this conclusion,  the author cites statistics showing that/ result of a survey that ___.   The author further bolsters his conclusion by evidence/examples that___.  Moreover, it is claimed that ___.  At first glance, the author's argument appears to be somewhat convincing, but close scrutiny reveals that the line of reasoning employed is invalid and hence the conclusion is probably misleading due to several critical logic flaws.  In short, the analysis does not lend strong support to what the arguer maintains, and lack of credibility in reasoning causes the conclusion to be problematic. (90)

In the first place,
In the second place,
In the third place,

To sum up, the author fails to provide adequate justification for this argument.  The statistics/survey and evidence/examples cited are not only vague but also incomplete.  The logic reasoning is questionable with several mistakes.  3 The absence of essential information on ___ results in unsound conclusion.  To strengthen the argument, the author would have to provide additional evidence to demonstrate that ___.   Also, further detailed information regarding ___ must be presented to show that ___.  In this way we could establish the conclusion that ___. (78)

Gratuitous assumption

The author based his claim partly on the gratuitous assumption that ___.  However, the author presented no evidence that supports this assumption.  Lacking such evidence that links ­A and B, it is equally possible that ___, or that ___.  Hence, this argument is unwarranted without ruling out such possibility.

Sufficient-(Necessary)

The author based his claim partly on the assumption that B is all that required for A (there is no variable alternative means of achieving A except B).  Yet the author presented no evidence that supports this assumption.  Although B is an important factor for A, it is hardly the only element required (alternative available).

Sufficient

If it turns out that A was due to a combination of factors, it would be difficult for A if A is in lack of any of those elements.  To be specific, in the case of A, factors such as C, D, E, and D also play a significant role in determining A.  (If some of those elements remain unchanged in the future, a mere change in B would have no stimulating impact on A.)

Necessary

Common sense tells me that there are a lot of other ways in which A, such as B, C, D, E, to list just a few.  (Perhaps one of these would be just as effective as, or even more effective than, the A, the proposed plan.)

Summary

Without ruling out those possibilities (availability of these alternatives), the author cannot persuade me to accept that ___.

Non-causal relationship

The author commits a fallacy of causal oversimplification.

Sequence => causal

The line of the reasoning is that because B occurred after A (A and B concurred) (there is positive/negative correlation between A and B), the latter event is responsible for the former.  However, the sequence of events (correlation between A and B) does not necessarily suggest a causal relationship.  Thus, this is fallacious reasoning unless other possible causal explanations have been considered and ruled out.  For example, perhaps C is the cause of these events or perhaps B is simply the result of D.  Moreover, probably B is just a reflection of E, and had nothing to do with A.

Causal-Effect

It is possible that the cause has been confused with the effect respecting A. Based on the facts cited, the author concluded that A is responsible for B.  However, it is equally likely that A is merely a response to BB happened because A.  Besides, the author failed to account for other possible causes of B.  For instance, perhaps C is the cause of A or perhaps B is simply the result of D.

Survey

The poll cited by the author is too vague to be informative.  The claim does not indicate who conducted the poll, who responded, or when, where and how the poll was conducted. Lacking such information, it is impossible to access the validity of the results. The reason is obvious.  For example,

When

When samples are used to make general claims about a particular group, the samples should be close enough in time to the generalization they are used to support, so that historical changes will not invalidate the generalization.  The less recent the survey, the less reliable the results to indicate current situation of A.

Who

Respondents may not be representative of A as a whole.  eople who are interested in the survey may be more likely than others to complete and return their questionnaires.  As a result, the example cited, while suggestive of the trends, is insufficient to warrant the truth because there is no evidence that data drawn from this sample is representative of the entire A.

Insufficient Sample

The only evidence provided in support for the conclusion is the fact that ___.  The most obvious reasoning error in the argument is the author's use of evidence pertaining to A in X region as the basis for generalization about all A. Unless it can be proved that X is typical of A, the fact that ___ is no ground for concluding that A as a whole will experience similar results.

Summary

Unless further information is provided in detail, the results of the survey are worthless as evidence and may distort the facts which lead to the conclusion.

False Analogy

The author commits the fallacy of “false analogy”.  The argument rests on the assumption that A is analogous to B in all respects. However, this assumption is weak, since it is highly doubtful that all elements drawn from A are applicable to B. For example, X, Y, Z all affect A, but are virtually in absent in B.  Differences between the two clearly outweigh the similarities, thus making the analogy highly less than valid.  

All Else Equal

The author commits the fallacy of assuming “all things are equal”.  The author assumed that in the future (in the past two years), the background conditions will remain (have remained) the same at different times or at different locations.  However, the author failed to provide sufficient evidence to substantiate this assumption.  The current fact (the fact that happened two years ago) that ___ is inefficient by itself to convince me that it represents a trend which will remain unchanged into the future (remained unchanged throughout the past two years. Thus it is impossible to conclude that....

Dilemma

The author assumes that AA and BB are mutually exclusive alternatives and there is no room for a middle ground.  Yet the author presented no evidence that supports this either-or choice.  Common sense tells us that Implementation of both A and B may produce better results.  Without taking these into account and without ruling out these alternatives, the author oversimplifies the solution and cannot persuade me to accept his claim.

考完以后一直没怎么来CD,不好意思一直没有回复大家的问题。

我的十小时大约是这样安排的:

一小时:AWA扫盲

两小时:看范文,熟悉套路

两小时:看七宗罪,整理归纳自己的魔版

两小时:背诵并进一步精简魔版

一小时:试写(考试前我只试写了AW,AI各一篇,都没有来得及写完,而且前言不搭后语,感觉非常差,后来考试中动用了先体力后脑力的流水线作业法,场面大为改观,详见下。)

两小时:快速扫遍黄金80题(最后也没来得及扫完,重点看了当月JJ)

由于试写时的不良状况,我及时调整了考试策略。

考试时,我是这样操作的:

第一步,先把第一段的废话敲好,此时基本无需动脑,但一定要手快,意在抢时间、凑字数。

第二步,略动脑筋,根据七宗罪,写好三段论的总起句。注意:此时不要展开,只写总起句即可!这样可以确保每小段论点明确,且全篇文章论据完整,结构思路清晰。

第三步,把中间段落的总起句复述一遍,完成最后一段的废话。此时一篇完整的文章已经基本成型,时间应当还剩余18-20分钟。

第四步,看看时间,可以深吸一口气,告诉自己慢慢来。把中间三段逐一展开,把魔版里面的话套进去,有时间就多写,没时间就少写,拼拼凑凑,顺利的话,用上十五分钟就可以敲满一整屏了。

第五步,检查。(至少可以剩余三分钟)

考试的时候,我就用这个方法,先不动脑筋地噼里啪啦一阵猛敲,大干体力活,凑满半屏字数,等心里有了底,再不慌不忙地慢慢干脑力活,想论点,展开写,最后时间非常宽松,都顺顺当当地余下三分钟检查。比起试写时的手忙脚乱论点互窜要顺利得多,感觉也很不一样,为后面的考试创造了良好的心理状态。

大家不妨一试,有问题可以再问我。

Good luck!

[此贴子已经被作者于2006-5-8 11:46:33编辑过]
沙发
发表于 2006-3-22 04:42:00 | 只看该作者

恭喜LZ!

板凳
发表于 2006-3-22 14:05:00 | 只看该作者
thanks a lot!
地板
发表于 2006-3-22 18:40:00 | 只看该作者

恭喜!

说说那10小时你都干了什么?

5#
发表于 2006-3-26 22:39:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用xjlv128在2006-3-22 18:40:00的发言:

恭喜!

说说那10小时你都干了什么?

就是,快说说!当然少不了恭喜你了

6#
发表于 2006-4-4 19:47:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用baobaob在2006-3-26 22:39:00的发言:

就是,快说说!当然少不了恭喜你了

是啊是啊~~跟我们分享分享~~

7#
发表于 2006-4-4 21:48:00 | 只看该作者
多谢你!我今天也用到了这个AA的模板,但是AI很郁闷地写完没有来得及点Next,会不会所有的都在上面自动保存呢?请指教……
8#
发表于 2006-4-4 23:14:00 | 只看该作者
会自动保存的
9#
发表于 2006-4-4 23:17:00 | 只看该作者

顺便请问shalomtang阅读的格式是和新版的powerprep一样吗?就是没有上下拖动的滚动条,而是整篇阅读完整呈现在一页上?

10#
发表于 2006-4-9 18:35:00 | 只看该作者
不羡慕楼主10个小时的厉害,而是羡慕楼主10小时内思考的深度和对AWA的精准把握。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

IESE MBA
近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-4-27 12:16
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部