ChaseDream
搜索
返回列表 发新帖
查看: 6903|回复: 7
打印 上一主题 下一主题

UC-Berkeley Haas MBA Students Online Talk – Nov 6 (Sun.) 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2011-10-20 02:22:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

Is UC-Berkeley (Haas) your dream school? Is top MBA in US your target?

Class of 2014 MBA applicants are marching towards fast approaching deadlines. Are you prepared? Are you ready for this arduous journey?

ChaseDream cordially invites you to join the online chat with the Berkeley MBA 1st-year and 2nd-year students, who will share their experiences in MBA application, life in business school and career aspirations.

You will learn how they get through the application journey; you will gain the further understanding in top MBA programs, especially the features and strengths of the Berkeley Full-Time MBA program.

Would you like to:

• Extend your network
  • Meet more applicants with the same dream as you
  • Find answers for questions plagued you for a long time

Come and join us! Take this opportunity to get in touch with the the Berkeley MBA students. We look forward to chatting with you.

UC-Berkeley Haas MBA Students Online Talk

Date: November 6, 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. (Beijing time)
Language: Chinese
Place: ChaseDream Online Chat Room
            http://chat.chasedream.com/ (Guide)

Speaker:

Albert Wu
MBA Candidate, Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley, Class 2013
5year Real Estate Private Equity

Emilie Deng
4year Capital Market Advisory & Consulting

Emma Qian
MBA Candidate, Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley, Class 2012
5year High tech industry

Hongwei Li
8year Technology & Operation

Isabel Feng
UC Berkeley, Haas school of business
3 years foreign commercial bank.

Jacqueline Zhong
2year FMCG marketing, 3year management consulting, 2year PE startup

Toby Sun
6year FMCG Marketing

Agenda:

1) Introduction and sharing (10 minutes)
2) Q&A (50 minutes)

We highly recommend you to post your questions here prior to the event. Therefore, speakers can get more time to prepare for your questions.

Cannot join the talk? Feel free to post your questions here and the host will take these questions to the speakers. You may refer to the chat transcript afterwards.

Related Information:

The Full-time Berkeley MBA Program
http://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/

How to attend an online chat
http://chat.chasedream.com/Guide/

Disclaimer:

The speakers are not officially associated with UC Berkeley Haas MBA Admissions Committee or any member in the committee. The views expressed during the online talk are solely those of the speakers’ and do not reflect the views of the Committee. The speakers assume no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided during this event and accept no responsibility for any consequences of its use. This online talk does not indicate that Berkeley MBA program endorses the platform.

收藏收藏 收藏收藏
沙发
发表于 2011-10-23 22:40:43 | 只看该作者
definitely, my dream school
板凳
发表于 2011-10-25 20:44:30 | 只看该作者
great! Here comes HAAS again
地板
发表于 2011-10-29 23:34:56 | 只看该作者
啊~以前的同事啊~激动啊~~~一定要听要听!!!
5#
发表于 2011-11-4 01:39:24 | 只看该作者
Q1: what's the average age of the current class? The oldest student's age? Maybe Isabel can help with this question.
Q2: what's the most special question in the essay?
Q3: start-up assistance: anything special about Haas?
Q4: VC: what's the percentage of Haas students who enter VC business after graduation?

Many thanks.
6#
发表于 2011-11-5 07:12:12 | 只看该作者
Will try to answer a few, other students can add.
Q1: what's the average age of the current class? The oldest student's age? Maybe Isabel can help with this question.
I'm from MBA class of 2013. I think the average for my class should be 28 or 29. Oldest I heard was 39 when onboard.
Q2: what's the most special question in the essay?
     What does it mean? The essay questions? Or do you mean the unique things people write about?
Q3: start-up assistance: anything special about Haas?
     There's an entrepreneurship center that will hold regular events addressing starting up your own business. Located in Bay Area, Haas has a lot of resources to offer, as compared with schools on the east coast. As a matter of fact, many of our students have the goal of starting up their own business during/post b-school. There are also lots of business plan competitions.
Q4: VC: what's the percentage of Haas students who enter VC business after graduation?
You can check the employment report on Haas website. There are definitely opportunities although might be a bit harder for international students if they want to join the VC firms directly after they graduate from Haas.

Hope your questions got answered.

Isabel
7#
发表于 2011-11-6 02:29:49 | 只看该作者
I have the following questions.

1. How do you rank the importance of each element in application?
essay, education (school reputation, gpa), work experience, recommendation letter, extracurricular activity, gmat

2. What is the percentage of students that receive financial aid from Haas? And the aid is based on what?

3. What do you like most of Haas?

4. Could you please describe your typical day in Haas?

5. How many hours do you sleep each day?

Many thanks.
8#
发表于 2011-11-6 04:15:33 | 只看该作者
Your info is really helpful, Isabel. Especially that "the oldest" answer gives me some confidence

My Q2 means the most special question from HAAS which we need to answer in our essay. In my view, the questions from the university will show if any spark between me and the university. Would it be ok if all of you can each pick one of the questions which you think is the most special?

Also, I'm wondering which university is next to HAAS in your application list.

Thanks.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-18 02:03
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部