返回列表 发新帖
楼主: Goizueta2011
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[校友答疑] Goizueta (Emory) MBA Class 2011 Taking Questions

[精华] [复制链接]
51#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-16 10:24:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用yangliu0401在2009/9/16 4:38:00的发言:

I formerly worked in a whorld leading accounting firm in China as an auditor for 4 years, and now work as a project manager in a NGO organization founded in the US by Chinese people. I know that Goizueta provides a good opportunity for concentration on finance, consulting and marketing, etc. While my long-term goal is going back to China and establishing my own NGO. So here I want to get some information about the non-profit concentration in Goizueta. Thanks for sharing!

NGO is not one of our regular concentrations. But you could customize your own concentration per your needs.

52#
发表于 2009-9-16 14:26:00 | 只看该作者

请问有没有读一年制MBA的人呢?在一年制MBA的candidate要求里有一条:

• Completed coursework (prior to program start date) which includes: Statistics, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Microeconomics
  • 是说在本科学习的时候就要读过这些课程么?没读过是不是不符合要求?

谢谢~

53#
     楼主| 发表于 2009-9-16 20:48:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用banbby在2009/9/16 14:26:00的发言:

请问有没有读一年制MBA的人呢?在一年制MBA的candidate要求里有一条:

• Completed coursework (prior to program start date) which includes: Statistics, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Microeconomics
  • 是说在本科学习的时候就要读过这些课程么?没读过是不是不符合要求?

谢谢~

Yes, that's a MUST requirement for 1-year MBA program. Also, you will need have work experience in business already.

Actually the above is one of the major differences in selection criteria of the two programs.

54#
    发表于 2009-9-16 21:40:00 | 只看该作者
    能介绍一下亚特兰大的生活吗,包括住宿,饮食交通等,每月的生活预算大概多少?
    55#
     楼主| 发表于 2009-9-17 07:49:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用sunny_book在2009/9/16 21:40:00的发言:
    能介绍一下亚特兰大的生活吗,包括住宿,饮食交通等,每月的生活预算大概多少?

Living expense varies from person to person, but basically Atlanta's living cost is not high in US.

No on-campus housing is available, and most off-campus houses are unfurnished. Emory has several shuttle bus lines, so you may consider apartmens or houses along the routes. Once you got admitted, you will receive information from adcom and I'd love to share more details with you then.

Public transportation is awful, compared with Shanghai, and I guess it's the same situation in US everywhere except for NY. Plan for learning to drive and car purchasing, or you will be constrained around the campus, which is fine for the 1st semester though.

You have plenty of choices for eating on campus. But most Chinese students cook...it saves money as well as your stomach. We have Asian supermarkets in Atlanta, but you do need a car to reach there.

56#
    发表于 2009-9-17 09:34:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用Goizueta2011在2009/9/17 7:49:00的发言:

Living expense varies from person to person, but basically Atlanta's living cost is not high in US.

No on-campus housing is available, and most off-campus houses are unfurnished. Emory has several shuttle bus lines, so you may consider apartmens or houses along the routes. Once you got admitted, you will receive information from adcom and I'd love to share more details with you then.

Public transportation is awful, compared with Shanghai, and I guess it's the same situation in US everywhere except for NY. Plan for learning to drive and car purchasing, or you will be constrained around the campus, which is fine for the 1st semester though.

You have plenty of choices for eating on campus. But most Chinese students cook...it saves money as well as your stomach. We have Asian supermarkets in Atlanta, but you do need a car to reach there.

明了,多谢谢
    57#
    发表于 2009-9-17 11:26:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用Goizueta2011在2009/9/16 20:48:00的发言:

Yes, that's a MUST requirement for 1-year MBA program. Also, you will need have work experience in business already.

Actually the above is one of the major differences in selection criteria of the two programs.

Thanks for your reply!

58#
    发表于 2009-9-19 01:15:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用Goizueta2011在2009/9/16 10:24:00的发言:

NGO is not one of our regular concentrations. But you could customize your own concentration per your needs.

Thanks for your suggestion! I just got an interview opportunity in Detroit next month. I've noticed that such interview before application is also very formal. So could you please inform me some key considerations during the interview? Thx a lot!

59#
     楼主| 发表于 2009-9-19 02:18:00 | 只看该作者
    以下是引用yangliu0401在2009/9/19 1:15:00的发言:

Thanks for your suggestion! I just got an interview opportunity in Detroit next month. I've noticed that such interview before application is also very formal. So could you please inform me some key considerations during the interview? Thx a lot!

Since you are physically in US, I will advise you to visit our campus in a Super Saturday Event. the first event is coming next Sat. Many prospective students come, and if you don't make the trip without a strong reason...then you may have a problem.

Yes, the interview is formal. You may need to wrap up your stories consistent and prepare for detailed questions to follow. Tie your experience with our core value...the school really takes it seriously. Also pay attention to your future career plan, as we are in such an economy.

60#
    发表于 2009-9-21 19:13:00 | 只看该作者

多谢楼主的帖子,解答的真详细。

上周面试了Emory,可是一直没收到任何邮件。不知道是什么意思?是不是面试没通过,不要申请的意思?

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

近期活动

正在浏览此版块的会员 ()

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-6-11 23:44
    京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部