Time2
The new generation is lazy,narcissism ,and not responsible
Then some proofs to back up his conclusion:
Most of the college is more narcissism in 2009 than in 198-
A lot of people during 16-29 choose to stay with parents than with spouse
Less people under 23 want to take a job with great responsibility

Time3
Millennials consist of people who was born from 1980-2000
Millennials worldwide are more like one than any other century because the globalization and media scale,they also brought out social revolution

Time4
Millennials are the children of baby boomers who is called me generation
They are less civil engagement and politician engagement
High esteem, high expectation of work but leases work satisfaction

Time5
Millennials are entitlement,cocky and stunted
The frequently communication with peers make them hardly to grow elder

Time6
M interacted with people all day but with screen
They want to make their name a brand to get more followers and likes
Show off vocations parties , then embellish their life

obstacle
Two opposite opinions about Millennials
And author tries to find which one is right
Based on the documents and researches,Millennials are lazy ,less civil engagement,less care about environment
12#
发表于 2014-7-28 07:30:48 | 只看该作者
mark今日毕
13#
发表于 2014-7-28 08:42:03 | 只看该作者
[TIME 2] 1’30’’
The author argues that young people are more lazy, shallow and narcissistic than old people, and the author has the evidence.
[TIME 3] 1’37’’
Because of technology and globalization, teenagers all over the world tend to be the same, selfish.
The revolutions change the world a lot.
[TIME 4] 2’06’’
Different data show that people are more selfish than before.
Parents teach their children to be self-esteem is not a good idea, instead, parents should tell their children that parents love them.
[TIME 5] 1’57’’
The examples of youth tend to be entitled.
Expects find people premature when they just hang around with their peer.
[TIME 6] 2’38’’
Because of youth just contact with others through a screen, they are more anxiety than people saw.
The technology---face book, TV show and Instagram---make youth more self-centre.

[Obstacle] 6’01’’+6’10’’
The pictures first said a lot to describe because of technology, youth turn to be selfish, entitled, and shallow. However at last the youth argue that these are not their fault but they come late, the world comes to like this.

The article first asked the question that the youth are generation me or generation we.

There are several data to prove whether the youth are generation we. But the author argues that the evidences are weak because the surveys are made in a single sample that is not representative.

The author do his data and give his opinion that youth are generation me.

The author analyses the reason that the former survey find some evidences to claim that youth are generation we is that the data are under particular circumstance, for example youth do volunteer activities because to enter the better high school, they need the activities proof.

一大早的看到那么多被批评我们是generation me,有点感触但又不想承认。唉,确实有时是这样的,但我们还是很善良的一代啊~
14#
发表于 2014-7-28 08:42:32 | 只看该作者
占座!!!!!!!!!!!
[speaker]
toddlers can differentiate natural things and human-made things. two experiments.

[speed]
narcissistic:自我陶醉的,自恋的,自我崇拜的
1:34
nowadays young people are far more narcissistic than their older generations when they are at such ages. They are conviced of being promoted in work. However, only a small fraction of those people achieve thier goals.
1:52
The composition of Millennials. Young people are not afraid of us, because they have so many fresh things.

2:03Millennials generate me me me generation. Millennials have low civic engagement and political anticipation. High self-esteem is a good thing, but it can easily become narcissism. Parents may tell them something according to their ages.

2:18
beg off:恳求免除
eloquence:口才,辩才,雄辩
older people should teach the young to be  modest. the young are now faced with peer pressure. it has great influence on the young.

2:47
The young nowadays have lost themselves in the Internet. they twit, instagram. They use such thing to eliminate their anxiety. When everyone tell you their vacations, you start to embellish your own life.

[obstacle]
whiplash:鞭绳,鞭打
7:48
The different findings between the Generation We and Generation Me. the author is negative about the young. there are also other things about the young: sexual intercourse, drug abuse, etc.
15#
发表于 2014-7-28 09:52:07 | 只看该作者
T2 2:05
Young people are suck.
T3
The milennials in all the world are same.
They are very threating,
T4 3:03
They become so threating because in the past they are encouraged to be self-esteem.
T5 2:07
another problem:entitlement
They don't know history, but only hang around with peers.
T6
They are interacting, but not talk face to face.
They talk about their fancy life on their Facebook.
They are influenced by the reality-TV shows.
16#
发表于 2014-7-28 10:32:10 | 只看该作者
[Speaker] The short speech talks about how toddlers/young children think about ownership. They perceive human-made object as owned, and naturally occurring object as not owned.

[Speed]
1:46‘ Young people in current time are more narcissist and self-absorbed than young people in the old days. The author provided a series of data to prove his findings.

1:44’ People born between 1980 and 2000 possess qualities very similar to each other-overconfident, narcissist-because of the internet and social media. Even young people in china, who value family history, grow up very similar to each other.

2:30’ The millennials become more self-absorbed in the result of an education to boost their self-esteem. People thought to encourage children’s self-esteem is good for them, however, things get too far. Self-esteem turned into narcissism.

2:32’ The millennials are famous for their self-entitlement. It is because they spend time mostly with their peers, not with their parents and elderly compared to the old days, due to the internet, cell-phone, and social media influences. All of the social-networks influences between peers are anti-intellectual.

2:48’ The cell-phone, internet sure have a huge influence on millennials, one of the influence is the decrease of creativity.

[Obstacle]
7:42’
The author compared two views of Generation We and Generation Me for the millennials. The author supports the view of generation me and against the generation we idea. With representative samples about the data of three generations, it proves that the generation we idea is somewhat wrong.
17#
发表于 2014-7-28 10:42:00 | 只看该作者
谢谢!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18#
发表于 2014-7-28 10:50:21 | 只看该作者
opinion:lazy compleceny with data
data,studies shown:feel good, want personality,work with CEO but have not enough potent

characteritic of m: df in every country but slight in common because of the society
threatening: do sth without one---more powerful

M df from old generation
reason: give more self-esteem
cause: more self-esteem brings more nar---it's disppoint when their expen unmet

another effect:entitlement---
twister age: tech let people only talk with thier smae age people, stuning their develp

too more screen--less creativity and less communication with others
only know to develop brand in the social network

argument about what the ME look like
opinion 1: Help volunteer care about society
rebut it: small date, one generation
support op1---rebut again
opinion 2: predict both ok
study: large date, 3generation, compare
oppose the prediction above

why prediction wrong: fail in concerning whole pic
implication: empherical is always wrong
other trend from study--influence by other factors

conclusion: not negative but equi and tolen
19#
发表于 2014-7-28 11:06:59 | 只看该作者
[Time 2] [273 words] 2’02
According to data, millennials are lazy, narcissistic, fame-obsessed and stunned in development.

[Time 3] [248 words] 1’31
Thanks to computer and information technology, millennials worldwide are similar to one another with high rate of overconfident and self-involved. The information evolution empowered them the technology to compete with organizations.

[Time 4] [398 words] 2’31
Millenniasl are me me me generation. They display their own photos instead of family’s. They have less civic engagement and lower political participation. This may result from the education in 1970’s, which emphasis kid’s success by instilling self-esteem. However, later finding showed self-esteem is the result not the cause of success. As a result, most of millennials grow up only to find disappointment.

[Time 5] [338 words] 2’25
Millennials are famous for asking for entitlement. They think they are special. Millennials are cocky but stunted because they hardly interact with older people.

[Time 6] [438 words] 3’06
Millennials are interacting all day through s screen. They are lack of empathy so that they cannot feel concerned for others. Their lives are documentaries of narcissists.

[Time 7] [1128 words] 6’07
According to the author’s data, millenniasl are more Generation ME rather than Generation We. They are self-esteem, narcissism and assertiveness so that they have little interest to civic involvement, political issues and social problems. The rise of volunteer occurred at the same time that high schools increasingly required volunteer service to graduate.

20#
发表于 2014-7-28 11:25:27 | 只看该作者
TIME2 1'31''
the author, unlike old people, has the statistic to prove that teenagers now are more narcissistic. Most of them have an excellent feeling of themselves, however, not many of them can take real responsibility.

TIME3 1'49''
Milennials over the world are overconfident and self-involved, even in China and the poor.
And the second paragraph demonstrates that this generation is powerful and the information revolution empowers them to against huge organizations.

TIME4 2'36''
The first paragraph describes the characteristics of millennial.
Paragraph claims that millennials have enough self-esteem to get a job but not enough to keep a job. It has become a problem because as they are praised, most of them develop narcissism instead of self-esteem, which makes then less repect and satisfy about their careers.

TIME5 2'00''
Paragraph 1 discuss the DM's address on YT.
Paragraph 2 points out that milennials get a deep influence from thier peers since the social interactions now are much more convinent. While they still need their parents' cover before 26.

TIME6 2'30''
Although millennials keep interact with others by checking their phones, they are deeply anxious. And on account of the lack of face-to-face communication millennials lack the empathy to feel and concern others.
Paragraph 2 and 3 demonstrate that people now are under influence of others and cites several examples.

TIME7 7'30''
Some books celebrate millennials as helpful, civically oriented young people.
While the author hold the opposite perspective, so they dug into the data and analyze the statistics that are most against the view in previous books.
The conclusion drew by the author is that those "Generation We" view ignore the whole situation of millennials.
But the author claims that millennials are not all negative in the end.

感觉记忆力和总结能力不行~
看完一遍大概明白
但是写总结的时候还是需要看一下段落才写得出来

第一次发~继续努力~

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

Mark一下! 看一下! 顶楼主! 感谢分享! 快速回复:

手机版|ChaseDream|GMT+8, 2024-5-19 07:32
京公网安备11010202008513号 京ICP证101109号 京ICP备12012021号

ChaseDream 论坛

© 2003-2023 ChaseDream.com. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部